Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New guild in need of a loot system

Hey all, i dont know if this is in the right spot. But i GM of a newer guild and we are trying to figure out a good loot system to go with. we have used SKG but it doesnt seem to fit our needs. and have looked into DKP but seems complicated to get set up. so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a user friendly loot system. all help would be much appreciated.

Re: New guild in need of a loot system

The problem with DKP, in my mind (or at least in my experience), is attendance > skill.

Lameeee

-Officer Council has its pros and cons, and if the players in the guild aren't too familiar with each other, you may want to avoid it for now because people are usually quick to pull the favoritism and drama cards.

-SK is a rather fair system, so the people who need gear can get it easily and the ones who have been waiting for that one piece is more likely to get it.

-Rolls are...well it isn't quite good tbh. But if all else fails, RNG is the most impartial thing to go to.

-DKP I don't know much about and I don't think it is used on my server.

Crusader Revengica <Parody> of Bonechewer US

10+ Year Old Account

Imo officer council ( you decie for a moment with officers who should get it ) or EPGP
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

DKP is one of the best systems out there.
    If you are at raids you get DKP and for slackers that skip raids don't get anything.
    For ppl that fail at bosses you can give a xdkp- penalty.

It's a solid system in my eyes.

and poster above me says EPGP.
    EPGP is used to share to loot.
    It's based on your "PR"
    You get EP for being on raids/killing bosses.
    You get GP for gear/failing.
    EP/GP=PR - The person with the highest PR get the loot.
    So for anyone with a brain can see that the one that have less gear than the other will get the loot.

This system is pure bullshit imo and shouldn't be used for a high end guild.
    Pll will stop rolling on loot for only to roll on BiS gear.
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

Could do a loot council with an equal number of officers and raiders. The raid /rolls with the higher numbers being the other ones in the council.

Best loot system imo is loot council with dependable people. I dislike DKP because as said before, it encourages attendance > skill. However loot council encourages.... everything. The officers (Usually 8) determine who it is the greatest upgrade for, as well as who deserves it the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

the only problem i see with LC atm is with being fairly new and my officers comming from my old guild is people will think there is favoritism. we are fair but people just assume they deserve the loot sometimes just cause they are there when it drops u know

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Use EPGPlootmaster, good and easy way to give / manage players dkp.
    you can download it from curse.

reward people for skill who never show up... or reward the people that are there 100% but may be a bit less skilled. I know who gets loot... The people that bother to show up.

Give the fat dps increase to someone who can use it perfectly 55% of the time? Or to someone who will use it well, but not perfectly, 100% of the time?

People need to realize that this game requires some effort and forethought since a raiding guild usually runs with 30-35 people that wish to raid. People that simply treat it like they are owed loot for bothering to show their golden face and epic leet skills need to face the harsh reality. Here is an analogy to the real world. Try doing that anywhere else and see how far it gets you. It may work once, maybe twice, but you will get burned hard in the end. Fortunately you have anonymity working for you in this game and you can constantly try and abuse the system. Having run guilds and dkp systems for way to long, you are the type of person that is easy to exclude from loot even with exemplary skill.

to the OP. Check out the wide variety of DKP systems out there. DKPsystem.net EPGP Zerosum. All varieties work. Try and put in a Decay effect and it will prevent hording of DKP and or extended AFK while maintaining point totals.

Loot Council is the worst method available. It instantly leads to EMO BS that will cause hard feelings or drama within the guild. No one will have a totally clear voting method and stacking all your loot in one place is always the worst idea. Someone that gets all the goodies instantly gets bored because they have no reason to raid ICC at your skill level again because they have all the loot. better to Trickle it out slowly with a DKP .
    80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter

EPGP is the best loot system i have encountered. It is similar to DKP as it promotes raid attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moar
    You should hear about the time I divided by zero.
    Long story short, I created physics.
    - 80 Rogue -

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Best loot system imo is loot council with dependable people. I dislike DKP because as said before, it encourages attendance > skill. However loot council encourages.... everything. The officers (Usually 8) determine who it is the greatest upgrade for, as well as who deserves it the most.
    True, but I'd rather a piece of loot go to a person who shows up to raids and proves he is dedicated then someone who misses most raids and logs on when it is convenient to him.

i prefer loot council to the others that are out there, i was in a guild that did DKP bids, but they didnt always need for for each raid, so i didnt earn alot of DKP so i couldnt rly bet on much.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Splewsh
    The problem with DKP, in my mind (or at least in my experience), is attendance > skill.

Lameeee
    I'd rather have the people showing up 100% of the time actually get their loot then the people that slack off and don't show up for weeks. I don't care if you're the best damn player in the world.. if you don't show up consistently, then you're not really helping anything.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777
    i prefer loot council to the others that are out there, i was in a guild that did DKP bids, but they didnt always need for for each raid, so i didnt earn alot of DKP so i couldnt rly bet on much.
    get a guild that gives DKP for being a "replacement" then.
    Replacement = stays online with the raid to be there if someone DC or has to go. Works well for my guild.
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish
    get a guild that gives DKP for being a "replacement" then.
    Replacement = stays online with the raid to be there if someone DC or has to go. Works well for my guild.
    EPGP has a standby option which is great for situations like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Moar
    You should hear about the time I divided by zero.
    Long story short, I created physics.
    - 80 Rogue -

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777
    they didnt always need for for each raid, so i didnt earn alot of DKP so i couldnt rly bet on much.
    one of the things we had talked about is if people did show up but werent needed would still give them the attendance DKP and also some if they stayed on as standby

DKP is one of the best systems out there.
    If you are at raids you get DKP and for slackers that skip raids don't get anything.
    For ppl that fail at bosses you can give a xdkp- penalty.

It's a solid system in my eyes.

It's based on your "PR"
    So for anyone with a brain can see that the one that have less gear than the other will get the loot.

Because no raider has ever passed on upgrades to conserve DKP so that he can guarantee a weapon win, right?

It's based on your "PR"

People will only roll on Best in Slot(pre hardmode) loot with any type of Points system. Why spend the points on anything else but stuff you're going to USE. This is where the Loot Council policy comes in handy. The raid leads, more or less, force people to take loot.

EPGP is just as fair(if not more fair) than many DKP systems that i have seen. Just because you had a bad experience with it doesn't make it the devil.

I'm a MT of my guild who uses EPGP, and it is a competitive loot system. The other tank who shows up every night, just like i do, and we go back and forth on who is top PR. Yes, EP/GP = PR , but my guild also looks at ranks. Your PR could be 10, but if you're not a Core Raider, you don't get the loot if a Core Raider wants it. If Recruits are getting loot over core raid members, don't blame EPGP, blame your Guild Leaders.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

If your goal in WoW is to win purples, then loot council tends to be a bad idea. If your goal is to have fun playing a game with people you consider friends, then loot council's the only way to go.

People will emo out over any loot system that perceive isn't working in their favor, so that's more or less irrelevant. DKP and EPGP reward math majors more than they reward attendance and/or skill, and they also have a tendency to not actually help the guild whatsoever. If people are saving their DKP for a weapon drop or a BiS item, they're not getting upgrades that would help the guild now, which makes it really dumb.

Ultimately, you should have a loot council solely to exclude people with poor attendance, and to mitigate disputes over very high end drops (deciding who gets your first Val'anyr or Shadowmourne, for example). Other than that, it should be a fairly simple matter. Healing ring drops, start with a pool of all your healers present. Anyone who has horrid attendance might not get to roll, otherwise, just let everyone roll who might need it.

Rewarding people based on skill is a bad idea, simply because you can't quantify one person's skill over another. If you have two hunters in the guild, and one consistently pulls 5K, and the other 4.9K, then who are you giving loot to? Not to mention you'll generate far more emoing if you're judging people on that basis. Players can't argue with whether or not they're attending more raids than someone else.

And if people in your guild are getting all whiny about the drops, then get a different guild. I wouldn't want to play in that environment where people are giving me crap over getting a drop they feel they should have gotten. These people are loot whores, plain and simple. Gear comes and goes, it's the experience of playing that is what you're there for.

Ultimately, any loot system which is quick and ensures a reasonably even division of loot among consistent raiders is good.