Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New guild in need of a loot system

EPGP or DKP are the best.

I have used both and both reward the people who show up consistently. With both you can always award a bonus for fast clears, new bosses downed, near perfect runs, etc which is very nice.

Loot Council is BS because clicks are formed, people become fake just so they can get loot and its just bad unless you are using it for a 10 man guild in which case it might work fine.

ok tryed playing with EPGP, but when people bid and the like it says items are not found on the loot table. same thing with DKP what am i doing wrong here. tried looking on line and havent found anything about that. any advice appreciated

i'm not familiar with epgp so i cant speak for it but here is my knowledge

open rolls: last resort save this for if your gimping 25s or doing 10s\
    1 item per raid: same /

dkp:it depends on how you do dkp some guilds give bonus when clearing new content or when its been rough (ie a lot of progression wipes) some have a system in which if you miss and raid or just plain don't play properly or wipe raid you will be penalized. this in my opinion is best for new guilds

loot council: this one is hardest to stable but is very nice once stable has very nice rewards the things you want to lookout for is

1. favorites- your council choosing favorite player > person who needs it most

2. ropes- this means that dps/heals/tanks ability are taken > then the person who shows up most of the time on time which can lead to the best dps/tanks/healers
    always getting more gear and increasing their ability and the weaker are held back by gear restrictions

EPGP is a good an fair system, highly recommended.

EPGP has always worked well for my guilds, and free roll or officer council for certain runs, but overall I would highly recommend EPGPLootMaster from curse and go with an EPGP system.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

1) /roll
    2) no one under <member raiding rank> in the guild can /roll unless no main spec wants
    3) one epic per raid night/id unless it would rot

Unless you're promoting people to full membership too fast/slow, this is about as unbiased and anti-cliquish as it gets while preventing loot from leaving the guild as soon as it's gotten. Anyone who thinks /roll is hackable with a mod needs to take their tinfoil hats off.

Anyone who thinks a point system of some sort is necessary for the distribution of loot is either extremely naive and trusting of the human nature that someone in charge won't tamper with it at some point, or wants to be able to hoard this secondary form of currency in order to guarantee loot they want when it drops, and might as well be doing a gdkp run.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

15+ Year Old Account

The way my guild works it is:
    1 Main spec item per run
    Unlimited off without being greedy
    someone elses main takes priority of your off
    highest roll wins. in the event of a 1, it counts as a Pity Roll and counts for 101.
    i think thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    highest roll wins. in the event of a 1, it counts as a Pity Roll and counts for 101.
    There's an equal chance of someone rolling 1 or 100, making 1 > 100 is just as arbitrary as making 45 > 100.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account

Loot List system backed up with a loot council. Members make a list of items they want 1-12 (ranking them of course) and all of them submit it at the end of the month. Next month, loot drops..if they have it low on the list, someone higher gets it. If its a tie, officer's decision on who its a bigger upgrade for.

Goes off attendance as well of course. No attendance, you get pushed to the bottom of the barrel no matter where you put the item on your list.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by andremello
    There's an equal chance of someone rolling 1 or 100, making 1 > 100 is just as arbitrary as making 45 > 100.
    Its a pity win, dont make it sound sleezy

loot council works fine but for your first few raids you should give loot to people who arent officers and make it fairly random. obviously dont give loot to bad players/poor attendance etc but for the first few make the loots appear fairly random so there are no favourites, then when you start distrubting loot to people you wont have any appearance of favouritism. Just make sure that when you loot something that everyone wants like a weapon or trinket that you explain your reasons for the decision.

Do free-rolls and only recruit people who are mature enough not to be D-bags.

Incidentally, those same sorts of players also tend to be more mature, have better attendance, and allow you to progress further faster.

It's not how you divide up the loot, it's who's raiding with you.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

For a brand new guild where noone knows anyone, I'd suggest doing MS/OS rolls with Healers/MTs given preference for a couple weeks.

Then move to a loot council by election once people get to know each other. Set a period of time that the loot council will stay in place (3 months, or each content patch, for example) before all of them are cycled out for new blood. Dont let them hold their spot for consecutive terms

Treat it like a congress, and do your best to keep things balanced.

This will keep you from having to mess with a DKP logging headache, and keep new people in the guild from getting completely shafted on loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Splewsh
    The problem with DKP, in my mind (or at least in my experience), is attendance > skill.

Lameeee
    but Skill gets brought to raids where attendance will just get ou considered.

OT: hidden double bid DKP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

If you have a really steady team and fair minded people (and not cliques / groups of friends), loot council works great. Unfortunately loot council has been the source of many guilds disbanding when the officers / GM's / their friends keep getting loot when it isn't done fairly.

SK is a pretty good way to do it with less fuss, but personally I prefer dkp.

We've tried a few ways of doing things, mostly points based in some way, and we found that the best for us was DKP. Because we have had a fair number of casuals as gap filler over the years it allows them to build up some points to get the odd item here and there, so they know they have at least some shot at gear - it also gives the really steady long-term players security in knowing their efforts will be rewarded (to a degree).

We do 10's as much as 25's (at the moment at least), and what we do is:

Every item that is taken earns each player 1pt, and costs the receiving player 1pt per size of raid (ie. 10pts for a 10m item, 25 for a 25m item). Offspec items are 1/4 price, though they can just as easily be free, but mainspecs come first obviously.

If a player received an item, they can't get another that run unless all other bidders got something. So high dkp people get to choose 1 loot essentially, but can't dominate a whole run. You write down each item as they drop on a piece of paper and who gets what and it's dead easy to keep track of.

Keeping track of everything in the long term can also give you extra options, like if someone falls below 50% attendance in the last 30 days they can't get loot, or seeing in hard numbers who has been the most active raider in your guilds history, most deserving of the legendary quest item or rare mount etc.

Additional bonuses are a good idea to reward people who show up for more than farm nights - X points for attending but being sidelined, or a % of the amount the raid earned. 50% of a bosses max yield if spending a decent chunk of time on a new boss or hard mode.

You can download plugins for your guild site (if you have one) from different sources to set this up, or just get open office and use a spreadsheet then publish it to your guild site weekly or something.

Deleted

This is the system I came up with, and it works pretty damn good. Loot get fairly evenly distributed, the people with 90%-100% attendance generally get the BIS stuff first.

Not had a single "FFS this DKP system sucks" whine since start of WotLK, even recruits still stay in reach because of the 'floor' and as they become more regular, they find themselves fairly quickly within reach of competing with vets for item bids.

-----------------------------------

Items are a fixed cost, interested parties will roll if they want the linked item. The item will go to the person with the highest DKP. If two or more have the same DKP value, the item will go to the person who rolled the highest.

Vets get priority over trialists over socials.

Penalties: If you Sign up & then don't show up, you will be penalised with -50 DKP, If you do not Sign up or cancel or post in MIA you will be penalised with -30DKP

Boss Kill Values

Bosses in ICC25 - 10 DKP

Bosses in ICC25hc - 15 DKP

Item Costs

ICC25 Normal Item - 200
    ICC25 Normal Tier token - 250

ICC25 Heroic Item - 300
    ICC25 Heroic Tier Token - 350

Primordial Saronite - you will be charged a fixed cost of 75DKP for the total amount you require for the item to be made.

Cap & other issues

The Cap has been set to 2000dkp - if you exceed the 2k limit, there will be a manual adjustment to bring you into line with the Cap. There is now also a bottom cap, it's not really fair having a ceiling, without having a floor too. -500 is the floor.

Exceptional performances, Hard modes & First kills will be awarded DKP bonus' at the officers discretion.

Wipe Bonus will be awarded at the officers discretion.

------------

Simple - effective.

Loot council. Set up your criteria for who gets loot and let the guild decide if that criteria is satisfactory. When you start distributing loot based on that criteria you may want to give a short rational for highly sought after pieces of loot for a little bit.

DKP is awful. It rewards attendance over anything else, god forbid you have a real life issue that prevents you from raiding cause you just lost ground on the pack. It also unfairly punishes people who buy gear and then Blizzard changes their talents/gear/glyphs and the item is longer ideal. For instance, as a Disc Priest, the 4 pc set bonus for healing is god awful and completely useless, but the upcoming patch is going to completely change it for the better. So if you've used your dkp to purchase off-set gear but now you need tier tokens, tough shit/have fun negotiating a dkp refund of some sort.

Loot council can take into account all the dumb shit that raiding is, like attendance vs skill, but it allows you to make decisions based on what's best for the guild instead of being tied down to whoever has the biggest number of magical DKP points.

DKP ensures people show up for learning raids and wipes, rather than letting others pay for repair bills until it;s in farm, then swooping in to grab easy loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    It's an invisible exploding mushroom. Jesus, man, mushrooms haven't done anything that awesome since Super Mario Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengica
    -Officer Council has its pros and cons, and if the players in the guild aren't too familiar with each other, you may want to avoid it for now because people are usually quick to pull the favoritism and drama cards.

-SK is a rather fair system, so the people who need gear can get it easily and the ones who have been waiting for that one piece is more likely to get it.

-Rolls are...well it isn't quite good tbh. But if all else fails, RNG is the most impartial thing to go to.

-DKP I don't know much about and I don't think it is used on my server.

loot council works great in a Utopian guild... but having EPGP + loot council is a good way of making sure that favoritism is somewhat in check.

Back in the day, I was a bit anal about having loot being given to people properly, and we just used a priority system based on how long you've been in the guild or something like that. I wasn't 100% comfortable with that system, but since it was our system, I was okay doing it. Eventually I figured since we had a guild forum, that I would write out a post that listed every item from the instances we were doing (MC and BWL), and to force everyone who raids in our guild to make a response to that post, saying specifically what it is they are after. They had to put their BiS items, and we had a list after every item, who wanted what.

If you weren't on the list for the item, you could not win the item (unless nobody else was on the list).

But what I am getting at is an idea that is a mix of that, and a zero sum fixed price dkp system.

Write up an item list. Have everyone write what they want for their BiS (even if it's not..people can choose what they want to wear, ya know?). An item drops, you see who's listed, see who has the highest dkp from those people, and the guy with the highest dkp gets that item.

1) No Rolling For BiS. We already know what everyone else wants.
    2) Less Drama. Again, we already know what everyone else wants. If you are trying to hoard dkp for a weapon, and a foot item drops for you, then you are still getting what you said you wanted. If you cry about it, you are no longer going to raid with the group.
    3) Everyone MUST put all their BiS items on the list. If there's an upgrade in the instance that is better than what you want, then you are going to be in line for that item. None of this garbage where you pass on upgrades.
    4) If there are more than one item in which it is an upgrade, but one of them is really the BiS (which everyone is listed as), and then there's the non-BiS item which nobody is listed for, then the item is half price, and again the item is given automatically to the one with the highest dkp, if the item is an upgrade for them.
    5) MS > OS

Sometimes loot needs to just be forced on people. This system is a bit more complicated, but nobody can whine their way out of it.