Suppression or Gem for HIT

At the moment I'm gemming:

Blue: 9sp+8spt
    Yellow: 12sp + 10hst
    Red: Straight SP

At the moment, my gear is pretty bad so I'm running as destro (3/14/54) and was wondering weather I'd be better off gemming for hit or running with suppression DPS wise? It would take me 2xJC gems + 1 epic gem (One JC gem is +39sp in wrathfull legs I use in PVP too so I'm not regemming it) so I'd drop:

90sp for 88 hit.
    90sp for 12% extra damage on imp FB.

I've got JC and atm I've got 3xSP gems but I could switch them to hit if it would help my DPS. Right now, I have 353 hit so I'm ever so slightly below cap. The extra points from suppression would go into Unholy power along with + 1pt from destructive reach so I'd be running 0/18/53.

Would the extra imp damage on fireball improve my DPS more than the spell power from gems?

Re: Suppression or Gem for HIT

Suppression doesn't increase your hit on your destruction spells.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    Suppression doesn't increase your hit on your destruction spells.
    Yes it does.

Unless you are really struggling to fit supression into the talent build you want, due to missing out on something else then you will find that much easier to get than the gem requirement you would need to equal that.
    Spending the talents means you can gem for haste should you need to meet yellow requirements so having more of a benefit on your dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Yes it does.
    I'm an idiot with reading comprehension issues, sorry for spreading misinformation!

Levelling a lock and somehow every time I read that talent I saw "chance to hit with affliction spells"
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Take suppression, it's a free talent. I don't think unholy power is going to make up much for dropping the spell power gems, especially at a lower gear level.

Once you start obtaining more hit gear, you can think about dropping the points gradually and going for an imp build. But for now, I don't see the point in regemming when the points are there to spend.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    I'm an idiot with reading comprehension issues, sorry for spreading misinformation!

Levelling a lock and somehow every time I read that talent I saw "chance to hit with affliction spells"
    It was this way until 3.2 or 3.3. I forget which.

I would gem for it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Take suppression, it's a free talent. I don't think unholy power is going to make up much for dropping the spell power gems, especially at a lower gear level.

Once you start obtaining more hit gear, you can think about dropping the points gradually and going for an imp build. But for now, I don't see the point in regemming when the points are there to spend.
    Quoted since I completely agree.(personally I have some weird "never gem for hit" thing)

/agree gherkin

gem for it./ buy hit badge trinket/run under hit cap ~.5 max if your gear is exceptional. which ill assume it isnt since your asking about talents vs gems...

pvp gear isnt good for pve.. .....