Pls help a newbie DK.

He guys,

Just got back in the game after taking a break from wow. Would like you guys to help me out and give me some feed back on my currently gears and gems and if there needs to be any changes.

I've mostly followed EJ Forum on the spec as well as what kind of gears and stuff.

As of current, i'm currently DW frost dps. ( have a thing for DW since pre BC)

As of current my DPS is with full 25 raid buff at 4.5k.

Here is a link to my amoury:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Plug+And+Play

Pls take note that i have already aquired the Trinklet, http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=47734, But just forgot to equip when i last log off.

So my question is my current exp is 14/8, should i equip 2 X http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50191, to get the Orc exp and further gem expertise to get the 26 points?? i know i am low on Exp.

Also with the trinklet, my current hit rating is at 430 giving abt 13% is that alright or should i drop the trinklet??

Pls do advice

Thank you

Re: Pls help a newbie DK.

You should cap specials for hit rating (263), use axes in both hands for racial.

To be completely honest, 4.5k is pitifully low for your gear. This is a rotation issue most likely if you really can't pull more than that. My DK, in about equal gear can pull over 7.5k fully 25 man buffed. Seems to me you just need to do some reading.

4.5k is about where you should be for your gearing level as DW frost at the moment. You will probably pop up to over 5k once the changes come through.

Looking at your gear I'm not seeing any big screw ups except for your gemming.

Put a +34 str in your belt, put the Nightmare's Tear in your chest, replace the +20 str in your shoulders with a +34 str. On your pendant replace the gem with +20str (or better yet just get the valor pendant), replace your power enhancing loop with the Bloodshed Band.

All that should nab you a small upgrade at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    4.5k is about where you should be for your gearing level as DW frost at the moment. You will probably pop up to over 5k once the changes come through.

Looking at your gear I'm not seeing any big screw ups except for your gemming.

Put a +34 str in your belt, put the Nightmare's Tear in your chest, replace the +20 str in your shoulders with a +34 str. On your pendant replace the gem with +20str (or better yet just get the valor pendant), replace your power enhancing loop with the Bloodshed Band.

All that should nab you a small upgrade at least.
    Hi Shelly,

Thanks for your input, may i ask what neck piece are u talking abt, as u said get the valor pendant i assume u mean getting the one using valor bagdes or using trimp badges??

pls correct me if i am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfdelag
    Hi Shelly,

Thanks for your input, may i ask what neck piece are u talking abt, as u said get the valor pendant i assume u mean getting the one using valor bagdes or using trimp badges??

pls correct me if i am wrong.
    My mistake, I should have said Conquest.

I mean this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45819.

Always go with strength option gear over agility gear whenever you can, the only exception to this is your weapons.

Really you're at about as far as you can go without raiding now. So try to get into ICC10, if you're raid aware you'll be fine.

Oh and make sure to read the various guides that are up there and to sim it out or use rawr or whatever before you decide to do what some random slob on the internet tells you to.

Arh ok ok.. thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Oh and make sure to read the various guides that are up there and to sim it out or use rawr or whatever before you decide to do what some random slob on the internet tells you to.
    If that's a reference to me that's just silly. I gave him good advice. If he's going to use the hit trinket (as he should) he can swap to an axe in the Oh for the free 5 expertise. Expertise and hit (specials, not white hits) caps are the most important thing to reach before considering any other stats.

Ditch the str/stam gem in the neck and replace it with a 20 str gem (or get the badge neck or toc 25 neck etc). Swap to the axe in the OH and if necessary gem and/or enchant to get to 263 hit (remember hit past 263 is still useful as DW as the white hit cap is 27%. After 263 hit will still increase your DPS, but make sure to cap specials at the very least) and 26 expertise. When you no longer miss with specials or get dodged you will see a very nice increase in your dps.

The IT guy in me has to ask these simple questions to see if we can up your DPS with just the gear you have. Are you always (when possible) attacking from behind? Do you turn with your mouse or your keyboard? Do you keybind all of your abilities (or at least the ones with less than a 1 minute CD)? What is your rotation?

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm talking down to you, but I need to know all this to see if I can help. It's like fielding a phone call. For every 100 times you ask if the computer is plugged in, 99 times they will say "of course" but once in a while they will say "oh, that's the problem." Like I said, this can be a rotation problem, a movement problem, etc. If that's the case I can sure as hell help you because your gear/spec/gem/enchant/glyph choices are really what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    If that's a reference to me that's just silly. I gave him good advice. If he's going to use the hit trinket (as he should) he can swap to an axe in the Oh for the free 5 expertise. Expertise and hit (specials, not white hits) caps are the most important thing to reach before considering any other stats.

Ditch the str/stam gem in the neck and replace it with a 20 str gem (or get the badge neck or toc 25 neck etc). Swap to the axe in the OH and if necessary gem and/or enchant to get to 263 hit (remember hit past 263 is still useful as DW as the white hit cap is 27%. After 263 hit will still increase your DPS, but make sure to cap specials at the very least) and 26 expertise. When you no longer miss with specials or get dodged you will see a very nice increase in your dps.

The IT guy in me has to ask these simple questions to see if we can up your DPS with just the gear you have. Are you always (when possible) attacking from behind? Do you turn with your mouse or your keyboard? Do you keybind all of your abilities (or at least the ones with less than a 1 minute CD)? What is your rotation?

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm talking down to you, but I need to know all this to see if I can help. It's like fielding a phone call. For every 100 times you ask if the computer is plugged in, 99 times they will say "of course" but once in a while they will say "oh, that's the problem." Like I said, this can be a rotation problem, a movement problem, etc. If that's the case I can sure as hell help you because your gear/spec/gem/enchant/glyph choices are really what they should be.
    Hi Triston,

Thank you for you input, no worries with regards to the implication. with all question there are bound to be negative input, but with that said, any input is better then no input.

With regards to the neck piece, yeah i am trying to get that replace, been doing Heroic POS but till no luck.... thus i will consider getting the badges Neck piece and if lucky the TOC25 neck piece.

Also as i have mention, my current hit rating with the Trinklet,, Mark of Supremacy, it puts me at a hit rating of 430 which is roughly at 13% hit rating.(pls do not hesitate to correct me if i am wrong.) is this enough?? I do understand that hit cap even for DW is at 8%

With my xpertise, yes that i do agree that its very low, currently having 14/8, question would be, should i look at hitting my expertise given that there have been discuession on stat where it should be Hit>Str>Exp. this is where i am confused.. i do understand that Expertise cap is at 26.

Also to anwer ur IT question, sad to say i am a mouse clicker... and yes i do know that keybinding is a much better way to improve your dps. I do however bind a few keys.. but i will say that i am putting that to practice.

with rotations, Its normally,

IT - PS - BS - BS - OBL - DUMP
    OBL x DUMP. ( with the occassional procs from rime and KM when ever the proc.)
    and the normal keep 2 disease up etc etc...

cheers

Also as i have mention, my current hit rating with the Trinklet,, Mark of Supremacy, it puts me at a hit rating of 430 which is roughly at 13% hit rating.(pls do not hesitate to correct me if i am wrong.) is this enough?? I do understand that hit cap even for DW is at 8%

With my xpertise, yes that i do agree that its very low, currently having 14/8, question would be, should i look at hitting my expertise given that there have been discuession on stat where it should be Hit>Str>Exp. this is where i am confused.. i do understand that Expertise cap is at 26.
    Get rid of the trinket then. Hit rating above 8% isn't bad, but since it only boosts your white hits there are much better options. Needle-Encrusted Scorpion is very nice if you're lucky with the rolls. (you'll get it eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident
    Get rid of the trinket then. Hit rating above 8% isn't bad, but since it only boosts your white hits there are much better options. Needle-Encrusted Scorpion is very nice if you're lucky with the rolls. (you'll get it eventually)
    You mean lucky with the drops? :P Rolls should be no problem if you have friends / guildies you can get to go.

Hi Triston,

Thank you for you input, no worries with regards to the implication. with all question there are bound to be negative input, but with that said, any input is better then no input.

With regards to the neck piece, yeah i am trying to get that replace, been doing Heroic POS but till no luck.... thus i will consider getting the badges Neck piece and if lucky the TOC25 neck piece.

Also to anwer ur IT question, sad to say i am a mouse clicker... and yes i do know that keybinding is a much better way to improve your dps. I do however bind a few keys.. but i will say that i am putting that to practice.

with rotations, Its normally,

IT - PS - BS - BS - OBL - DUMP
    OBL x DUMP. ( with the occassional procs from rime and KM when ever the proc.)
    and the normal keep 2 disease up etc etc...

cheers
    Start keybinding and getting used to it. It makes a world of difference. Your rotation is fine. You want 8% hit and 26 expertise. If your gear gives you more than 8% hit, that is not a bad thing at all. Remember, the 8% is for specials. You shouldn't be using a hit trinket if you are over 263 hit. Any other decent trinket would net you more DPS. Mirror of Truth is even a better option for you.

Other than that the only thing that could make your DPS too low is improper CD usage or high latency.