Macros for priest

hello everyone reading the post.

i play a disc priest " ex gladiator from s2 70 times " and had a break of wow since end of s3 untill like 1 month ago. so i play arena rmp atm at 2100 to 2200 rating. and here comes my question - is there any possible macro you can write for a shadow word death to allways auto cast on a mage or not?

cause atm if we face another rmp or just a mage team i have to set my focus to the mage... he uses mirror images / invis and i lose him as focus target and in the time i replace it again im in a sheep... so since im not totally up to date isnt it possible to make a macro that for example allways casts the shadow word death on the mage of the opposite team or not.

sry for the spelling mistakes. and thx allready for the answers

greetz

Re: Macros for priest

Sorry, no. For that to work, you'd need his/her name all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Sorry, no. For that to work, you'd need his/her name all the time.
    thanks for the fast answer. well ye thats what i thought too but u know :d over a year of no wow and i played since vanilla bevore and i know bliz ruins alot of things to make it eazier^^ thougt maybe you can now make a macro lie /cast shadow word death [target=mage] or smt lol... but anyway ty for the answer guess ill have to live with resetting focus on mages^^

You can bind spells with Gladius, might be the easiest option. I guess the Gladius-frame supports a mouseover-macro as well; "/cast [target=mouseover][] Shadow Word: Death" should do it. Just up to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by effj
    You can bind spells with Gladius, might be the easiest option. I guess the Gladius-frame supports a mouseover-macro as well; "/cast [target=mouseover][] Shadow Word: Death" should do it. Just up to personal preference.
    yea i know that you can bind for example like shift + right click on mage on gladius for the cast but the problem is then i dont see the cast bar good enough... if i have him on focus i have a huge quarts bar that comes up on the focus targets cast... is there a possibility to make castbars alot bigger on gladius or is it only possible to scale the whole gladius frame up? cause if i have to scale up the whole gladius addon that would suck just to have a bigger castbar to notice... :S but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mélfice
    is there a possibility to make castbars alot bigger on gladius or is it only possible to scale the whole gladius frame up?
    Yes. Options -> Bars -> Size and margin -> Cast bar height. But there's not, as far as I know, an option to undock each and every one of them and place them where a particular one is easy to see. It's either watching bars or watching for an SCT/MSBT-alert (there are several spell alert-addons for this) if you want to keep track of hostile casts.

allright sounds good as i said im kinda out of date but as soon as im home from work ill check it out guess that would do.

give a keybinding to swD for gladius and scale the castbars high enough so i can have an eye to see the poly casts. or even with an addon you said that give a "warning" or so. thanks alot for the fast and helpfull answers

greets nukeme / mélfice

ummm... there's a macro for casting sw:d on the nearest enemy. Go check out arenajunkies priest forum and I believe it's in a stickied topic. There's no need to cast it on the mage, you'll take the dmg from casting on any target. Also, if you right click the mage in gladius it should set him/her as your focus target.

Quote Originally Posted by tranik
    ummm... there's a macro for casting sw:d on the nearest enemy. Go check out arenajunkies priest forum and I believe it's in a stickied topic. There's no need to cast it on the mage, you'll take the dmg from casting on any target. Also, if you right click the mage in gladius it should set him/her as your focus target.
    i guess u dont even need a macro for that...just tab and hit the hotkey imo...:-/