Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: The adventures of Paramedic Dan and Elitist Jim

A comic fails if you have to explain it and this comic fails. It seems the general perception is that this comic is saying "LOL Hardcore's are no-lifers and casuals are super cools and save dying cats", which couldn't be further from the truth (in fact, this isn't a dig on Hardcore players, it's a dig on 'Elitist' players). I was basically making a satirical point on the mindset of an Elitist player. In the comic's case, we have a casual player who has a full time job and an Elitist player who has a lot of free time on his hands. The irony this comic is trying to capture is the fact that the Elitist player thinks the casual has no right to see "his" content, due to the fact that the casual is "Lazy" and does not work nearly has hard as the Elitist player, yet it's the Elitist who sits on his ass all day bitching on forums and playing WoW.

(Added to the OP)

yeah? well my dad could beat up your dad!

Deleted

Golden!

I wasnt a huge fan. Thanks for posting and contributing though.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jujus
    Not a single real elitist cares about some random bad killing rotface. We do care about casual bads dumbing down this game to the point that there is only 5 Bosses in ICC hard modes that were even remotely challenging.

Anyone who thinks this comic is funny knows nothing about the real elitist point of view.

- A real Elitist
    When does one become a real elitist? I'm still working pretty hard on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Two way street, bub. I criticized the comic (check my first post in the thread). Then people came out to defend it. I shared my opinion about the matter for them, but I haven't made any insinuations about their mothers yet. I have a position and damnit I'll defend it.
    fixed

edit: find it funny that possibly being better on a video game than someone else makes your comments the true facts of the world. Its your opinion about it and has just as much value than the opinion of some other poster, not less, not more...
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

The adventures of Nub Dan and Nerdraging Jim

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin