New to Arena as a holy paladin. Help needed.

Hey, I'm from Korgath US. I have never gotten into PvP until this last Month. I mean I have done some arenaing in my day, but to say the least i'm no good. I have always been into PvE. Time has come to get intrested into Arena's. I am currently intrested in Two's and Three's. I do twos w/ a Unholy DK. Three's w/ a Arms Warrior and Unholy DK. I'm still undertanding the basics. I currently use Grid for PvE. I hate it for PvP, only because i cant tell what debuffs my teammate has on them which to dispell, when to use freedom. I guess to cut to the chase... I'm looking for a Addon for the party frame. Grid doesn't cut it. Also i'm looking for the right kind of macros, for a OH SH*T button, ETC. If anyone can post helpfull Addons for a Holy paladin for PvP i'd love it. Also please post your Macros for heals, quick burst dps etc. I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you

Re: New to Arena as a holy paladin. Help needed.

Grid can easily, if you set it up right, show you every kind of dispellable debuff and non-dispellable debuff. That's the beauty of grid, it's customizable. However, from my experience, Grid + Arenas = Woahfreakout. I think it doesn't like when people just appear out of nowhere in your party.

There are a multitude of healing UIs out there that work if you set them up right. Stuf is a great one, maybe try that.

As for macros: http://www.arenajunkies.com/macros/paladin/

Here's what my healing UI looks like for pvp/arena's.

It's on my druid, but a healer still:
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...110_220009.jpg

To clarify some stuff seen on it:

- the 4 squares near my party frame shows any form of CC done to them (stun/disarm/roots/etc)
    - the square on top of me is CC done to me
    - the square right above me is CC done to my focus target (hidden in the sceenshot)
    - the 3 (I only play 3's and 2's) squares to the right of me show CC done to the other team (really handy if you want to chain cc's effectively)
    - the 6 little icons you see to the left is the addon called afflicted. It shows the remaining cooldowns of important abilities like kick and counterspell.
    - gladius (arenaframes) appear to the right of my screen
    - my party and raidframes light up green when there's a poison to be cleansed and purple if they got a curse, to quickly spot debuffs I can take care of

If you got any questions, feel free to ask them.

Hope it helped you somewhat.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

As a holy paladin, you MUST set up grid correctly to priorities the debuffs it shows. For example, UA must be #1 priority so you know if its on a teammate. Sheeps, fears, other dispellable CC next and then damage modifiers, diseases, etc after (flame shock, immolate, then diseases and stuff).

You do not need a single macro that is an oh shit button. You have bubble. That's your oh shit button.

The only macros I use are the ones integrated to my heals so they are mouse over heals and I dont have to click anything. Make sure you are exploring ALL you abilities and their effectiveness. Divine Saccing properly, hand of sac, using sacred shield cause, honestly, is overpowered as hell, knowing when to divine plea, when to bubble, and more importantly--THAT YOURE SPECCED CORRECTLY!

Oh, and if you're wondering... MMO Champ is a horrible place to talk about arenas. Arenajunkies.com

Thank you all for your help appreciate it greatly. And yes i know about arenajunkies but i also posted there and only received one reply, it doesnt hurt to explore other sites. =D Thanks again you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Kooterpro
    Thank you all for your help appreciate it greatly. And yes i know about arenajunkies but i also posted there and only received one reply, it doesnt hurt to explore other sites. =D Thanks again you guys
    You don't need to post there.. Just do searches and read and watch videos. Zilea has good vids

Make sure your swapping sacred shield, if they are trying to blow someone up.

Spec into Divine Sacrifice and use it defensively to keep yourself out of sheeps. Its great if HoS gets spellstolen.

Dont be afraid to blow your bubble early on burst teams like War/DK, Mage/Rogue.

Get a cleanse macro for easy dispels.

Always keep freedom on someone everytime its up.

Dont spam beacon in 3's against priests/shamans/warlocks, it'll get dispelled and is not worth the mana cost.

I know its all basic stuff but im not sure how new you are. So i figured it would help.

in 2's i always throw beacon on my partner and sacred shield on whoever is under attack, use holy shock as much as possible, that insta cast can do some serious heals when you crit. dps or burst teams never beet me and my warrior partner, its always the priest that gets me when they spam mana burn, when i go oom i'm worthless