economy after 3.3.3

Anyone have any prediction on what prices are going up and what are going down. Figure all the eternals are going down along with orbs and bars. Should frozen orbs being going and and should I be preparing and stocking up on them?

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Re: economy after 3.3.3

You missed the orb market. Best time was to buy RIGHT after announcement before many people realized what they were going to be good for and then sell them when everyone was paying 50g/each like mad because "oh yeah they will be valuable next patch maaaan". Never mind the market is flooded with them now because people no longer vendor them and prices will only stay higher than 10g for so long before both orb prices and the price of what you can buy with them crashes big time. Frost Lotus are already down a lot on my server due to the drop rate buff and that's without being able to turn orbs in for Lotuses and I haven't seen anyone advertising "WTB Frozen Orbs (15-50g) each PST" in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I can't see any major changes. Mageweave and runecloth will always be in high demand no matter what, so stockpile and sell at the right moment. Raw and cut gems will always sell and it's not going to change with the patch, so my advice is to keep your head low and watch your local market.

It does differ from server to server no matter what the "economy experts" are saying. I call them retards because they don't know shit but act all high and mighty.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/p...es-blue-posts/
    Make sure to read that news post btw.

Most important are:
    Ebonweave, Moonshroud and Spellweave no longer have a transmutation cooldown.
    Smelt Titansteel no longer has a transmutation cooldown.

So sell those now. Then you have frozen orbs http://db.mmo-champion.com/c/40160/frozo-the-renowned/ .

So sell all frost lotus/titansteel bars/special cloth and expensive eternals now. Seeing as they'll drop a lot when the patch comes out.

did any player really know what will happen on next patch? Just horde all the expensive and those mats/gems that are really needed. Well goodluck
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    Anyone have any prediction on what prices are going up and what are going down. Figure all the eternals are going down along with orbs and bars. Should frozen orbs being going and and should I be preparing and stocking up on them?
    Keep in mind that prices propably will dump insanely in the first weeks after the patch until there are no more orbs around except a few from heroics. And people still only have a 20% chance to win them. Also. Quite many players (especially those with 2 or more lvl80 alts) only does a single random hc a day so they can get their frosties. If they win the orb its an extra reward. But almost nobody will farm the orbs. (And those who does have waaaaaay too much time anyway and they also have no clue about basic economy if they base their income on orbs.)

As a herber I am disappointed with the frost lotus/eternal for orbs decision. But on the other hand i see a big income due to the so-called complex economy in this game when the next patch is released.
    My tailor has a next-to-zero income with his profession. But the 7-day CD on glacial bag will change *that* market and the prices on glacial bags will rocket beyond 1000 gold in the start. No doubt about that! But for how long? Also. I'm pretty sure that Blizzard will change the CD to 4 days like they did with the weekly alchemy discovery 1½ year ago. I guess glacial bags will level to 250-300 gold after a few weeks (I guess the necessary eternals will go for 15-20g again).

In a few weeks after the patch the market and demand for FL and eternals will go up again and other markets will find their way to the game.

I'd be sure to dump any epic gems pre patch aswell, with battleground marks being converted into honor marks on patch day along with a lot higher honor gain from battleground, daily bg quests for a big chunk of honor etc, gem prices will most likely drop a bit the first couple of weeks before stabilizing closer to where it is now if not a bit below. it'll most likely drop a bit from where it is now :P

As a herber I am disappointed with the frost lotus/eternal for orbs decision. But on the other hand i see a big income due to the so-called complex economy in this game when the next patch is released.[/quote]

a much higher demand of frost lotus and cheaper market for them means there'll be a lot higher demand for other herbs, which means flask herbs like lichbloom and icethorn should be in for a nice price bump :>

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    a much higher demand of frost lotus and cheaper market for them means there'll be a lot higher demand for other herbs, which means flask herbs like lichbloom and icethorn should be in for a nice price bump :>
    Actually I dont think so as lichbloom and icethorn is cluttered all around Storm Peaks and Icecrown and are very easy to farm no matter the competition. The price will make a jump and then drop to a lower level again and thats it.