Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: I have a Pink Tallstrider as a Raid Pet. Screw your wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I'm pretty sure that's a large part of it. "Look at me flaunting convention and being in your face about it!" is way more important then what pet you're actually using. I'm for balancing the pets better and all but in the meantime if you're interested in doing the most for your toon, you train a goddamn wolf for raiding. Hunters get like 5 different pets IIRC, you can hang around in Dalaran with whatever pet you want.
    Nah, I use a moth while raiding because I like the look better, that's all. It doesn't make the kill between a kill and a wipe for us, and I frankly don't care if I'm "doing the most for my toon" when it doesn't make a difference to the raid.

Because admitting what I just said would make you look childish and self-absorbed.

And no one cares about minor cosmetic differences.

Because admitting what I just said would make you look childish and self-absorbed.

And no one cares about minor cosmetic differences.
    So, you're the authority on the human mind for the entire species? Stop trolling here.

You aren't going to admit it. It's counteractive to the whole point. That's pretty much the reason this thread exists. If you aren't willing to put up a decent argument against my case, so be it. But that doesn't make this trolling.

Why do you think the OP created this thread? The answer is pretty simple, to get a reaction. The thread could have more easily been titled "I'm lowering my dps and in your face about it" and the reactions would be the same (that's a better qualification for trolling btw).

Why do you think the OP created this thread? The answer is pretty simple, to get a reaction. The thread could have more easily been titled "I'm lowering my dps and in your face about it" and the reactions would be the same (that's a better qualification for trolling btw).
    true, however it brings about a discussion. And discussions are why people visit forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

You aren't going to admit it. It's counteractive to the whole point. That's pretty much the reason this thread exists. If you aren't willing to put up a decent argument against my case, so be it. But that doesn't make this trolling.

You can make assumptions all you like, you have no idea what the intentions were behind the creation of this thread unless either the OP tells you or you are the OP yourself. It may seem very likely, but you cannot generalize in such a manner.

In the same respect, you cannot assume that everyone who doesn't raid with a wolf does so just to be different, and that people who admit it are likewise only trying to be "in your face about it." I enjoy my moth, I don't enjoy my wolf. That is as far as my train of thought goes on the matter. If BM were best, but still only steady shot spam, and MM were only a thousand DPS behind, would you say that all MM hunters are just trying to be different? If there was a "I'm MM, BM is boring as hell" thread, would you say the exact same things? Plenty of people seriously dislike BM because it is too boring to play. It can be worth discussing the validity of sacrifice a bit of personal DPS for personal preference, there is plenty of room for opinion on both sides on whether or not it is worth it.

However, stereotyping every user in a negative manner is trolling, and is as unfavorable here as it is "IRL." Personal insults are unacceptable, that is as far as this discussion goes.

Back to pink tallstrider versus wolf.

One thing to be said for the OP, I believe they are exhibiting the LOYALTY to their pet that Blizzard wants Hunters to have. I have read that the developers wanted stable slots to be limited so there's Choice involved. Not just a TAME EVERYTHING mentality.

The OP has used their pet and doesn't want to put it to the side just because everyone is telling them it's what "has to be done".

It's an unfortunate predicament for hunters. Like I said, I can see both sides. I have a wolf. I don't use her often, out of preference. I'm a much more casual (gasp) player and therefore I'm not obsessed (not saying it's a bad thing) with dps numbers in the grand scheme.

Do I like to see my numbers go up? Yes. But I tweak gear, talents, gems, enchants and etc. I'm indirectly called a "retard" because I play BM, I'm told it's "useless" or any other number of indirect or direct insults to my person due to the over-arching opinion of the game society. And if that's your opinion, that's fine but you are fully capable of conveying your thoughts without being condescending or rude. Saying you feel it's counterproductive to play BM in a raid situation or harmful to the success of the raid to use X pet instead of Y allows for intelligent conversation.

I don't know everything about this game and I love to learn more. But arguing opinion is useless.

Besides, if the OP has already said that's what they want to use, then they have to accept the consequences of that choice. It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes, hitting the "Call Stabled Pet" button and summoning the pet that you don't necessarily want to use, but is better suited for the task at hand. Some players can do it, others can't and others won't.

My Hunter uses a white Wind Serpent named Snowbolt. Who doesn't like White Lightning? Breathing Lightning is cool and for soloing, it's pretty nice as well. I have no clue what the DPS loss is for a Lightning Serpent.
    Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

use whatever pet you want and tell the haters to stfu

10+ Year Old Account

*quietly raises hand* Devilsaur anyone? Possibly Spirit Beast? ???

In a serious note EVERYONE has a Wolf and it's like "no wolf, no good". I raid BM with my Dozer or Giggidy and I love it!

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

i tamed humar the pridelord at lvl 15 or so and had him ever since. i love him i take care of him like he was my child lol. I think that is one of the most fun aspects of the hunter class it's just you and your companion against a world teeming with undead and bloodthirsty enemies so it should be a companion you like. Plus i camped in a freaking tree for days to tame him damn rare spawn no way im letting him go.
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintety
    There has been numerous threads about the imbalance between raiding pets and people have said it over and over, the problem will exist for as long as http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64494 remains a wolf only ability.
    Which is why Blizzard should nurf it into the ground and deal with the QQ. Or give it to all the Ferocity pets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

I raid with Aotona
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

I raid with a wasp most of the time because of the severe lack of druids in my usual raid. But I agree with you its the best part of being a hunter and people should explore more. Hopefully with the additions made to BM we will see more variety.
    Maybe Medhan will bring Alleria and Turalyon back. In Stromguard...with Atiesh... 2 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't plan to ever raid with my hunter -- or any toons for that matter. I like my turquoise striped cat and will take him to heroics; but I still want to get a wolf because I like wolves too.
    For the Alliance!

Wolves aren't even the best pet for BM hunters, though still one of the best. For SV and MM, the AP buff for the master tends to overshadow the benefits from more pet specific abilities (like Devilsaurs Monstrous Bite).

Some other pets are hard to really quantify in dps. Wasps are great for 10mans without any feral or balance druids but that requires realizing that it benefits overall dps rather than only the hunter and pet.

On a somewhat amusing sidenote, I've been called a noob hunter for using my wolf in 5mans. Guess not everyone likes to see people minmaxing. People have been surprisingly quiet about me changing to a devilsaur, on the other hand.

I know where you're coming from.
    At level 22, I tamed the pet I had always wanted.
    A raptor. It was purple, in the wetlands. I had wanted a blue one, but I settled for purple.
    But from that point on, my poor moonsaber was left to rot.
    This Draenei had only one pet in mind. I named him Raizex.
    From 22-70, we leveled. Even pre-pet-talents, I remember people telling me to change my pet to a cat.
    In fact, I was kept out of Kara raids for the sole fact that I had a raptor instead of a cat.
    Although I was quite happy when I topped the charts with my raptor. Most of the time, I was first or second on damage in BC.
    Then, Wrath hit.
    I got a devilsaur. I love dinosaurs, see my sig.
    Yes, I'm still beast mastery, mistake as that might be considered.
    But for my other spec, I keep one pet in particular. My raptor, Raizex.

I applaud your loyalty to your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950
    Just want to say I've always had a wolf, even before it was the best pet
    Same on my hunter.

My favorite pet is this wolf. Got it when all the mobs in that area were elites. That was a challenge at that time I was lvl 60, I think...
    The other pet i have is Echeyakee, since lvl 16. I'm a NElf Hunteress, a horde friend helped me back then. Was pretty unique at that time (End of Vanilla - beginning of TBC)
    Navarasa Forsaken Priest lvl 85 @ Spinebreaker [EU] - inactive

This thread makes me miss my old Ravager from BC Therapists. Sadly he got reported and I was forced to change his name. :'(