Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Help on Festergut.

Hi guys, I know this is a rather easy boss but I just want to know what the best raid setup is for this boss and what to do best.

We tried it yesterdaynight with 2 priest healers and we absolutely failed at 30 seconds before enrage
    he had 32% left.
    How much should there be dealt when you have 6 dpsers.

Thanks for your helpz

Re: Help on Festergut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichiz
    Hi guys, I know this is a rather easy boss but I just want to know what the best raid setup is for this boss and what to do best.

We tried it yesterdaynight with 2 priest healers and we absolutely failed at 30 seconds before enrage
    he had 32% left.

Thanks for your helpz
    you managed to die even tho you used only 2 healers ;O
    makes you wonder how bad are the dps'ers in the grp? id replace em all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal
    you managed to die even tho you used only 2 healers ;O
    makes you wonder how bad are the dps'ers in the grp? id replace em all!
    I'm asking for tips, not for a lame ass trollzor.

Minimum DPS for a 6dps raid is around 4.7k I think... so not even that high.

More is better of course. But 10 man normal you'd JUST make the timer (depending on tank dps) if everyone hit dead on 4.7k.
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

We did it with me (as a discipline priest on tanks healing and group shielding) and a Resto druid at the second try (At the first one, Druid tank goes offline).

So, with 10man you need 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps (at least 1 ranged)

thanks, What healers do you prefer?
    Priest tank healing and shammie or drood raid?

10+ Year Old Account

I do it every week with 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 DPS.
    - Make sure your tanks are popping their cooldowns when Festergut is big, because he's doing a lot more damage than the normal
    - Make sure they switch at 9 marks and the tank with 9 marks comes behind the boss so he don't overaggro
    - Make sure tanks are getting the debuff also so they dont die on Blight

//Ogait
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

My group tonight used 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. Blood DK MT (me), pally OT, resto druid, resto sham, and holy priest. DPS were unholy dk, rogue, shadow priest, mage, ret pally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

It's a dps race, yes. But if you're dying midway, you won't reach the finish line.

If you're having trouble healing, try it with 3 healers instead of just two. And maximize that DPS (ToT on CD to your max dpser, Hysteria to your top physical damage dealer, Power Infusion on your mage, etc)
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

I'm asking for tips, not for a lame ass trollzor.
    It's hardly a troll when it's the truth. If he's got 32% left @ half a minute to the enrage then you need to either give them all a switch kick in the ass or replace them all because they're honestly horrible. It honestly makes me wonder how you even got past Saurfang if you fail in 10 man Festergut.

The best raid setup is 10 people that aren't mouth breathing, drooling imbeciles. If you really know it's a "rather easy boss" fight so you've obviously already read up on what to do or have already talked to others that have. So clearly, you're the troll here, not the person telling you what you don't want to, but need to, hear.

well , if going with 5 dps's they should be on about 5k. And it really sounds like u would wanna replace alot of your dps cause 30% at enrage is really not good enough mate. No trollzor, but 5k dps would be enough when going with 5 dps.

If your DDs are 232 geared it should be no problem to hit the 5k dps.

But with 32% left after four and a half seconds semms, that your DDs don't even reach the 4k dps and that without the tanks.

So if the berserk-timer at two and half minutes look at festerguts health. He sould be at 53%. With execute-time at 20% you could kill him inside the timer.

If not, get new DDs or farm gear in heroics and the bosses before festergut.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel
    It's hardly a troll when it's the truth. If he's got 32% left @ half a minute to the enrage then you need to either give them all a switch kick in the ass or replace them all because they're honestly horrible. It honestly makes me wonder how you even got past Saurfang if you fail in 10 man Festergut.

The best raid setup is 10 people that aren't mouth breathing, drooling imbeciles. If you really know it's a "rather easy boss" fight so you've obviously already read up on what to do or have already talked to others that have. So clearly, you're the troll here, not the person telling you what you don't want to, but need to, hear.
    We one shotted Saurfang the day before.

Deleted

he had 32% left.

Thanks for your helpz
    Replace dps with better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Danii
    well , if going with 5 dps's they should be on about 5k. And it really sounds like u would wanna replace alot of your dps cause 30% at enrage is really not good enough mate. No trollzor, but 5k dps would be enough when going with 5 dps.
    We make the dps easily but the problem is that our tanks keep dying

I'm just asking for some tips and help, sorry for accusing you of trolling.

Cheers

Deleted

Cheers
    Oh okay..... then tell tanks to taunt when other one gets 8 stacks of the debuff, if they die otherwise, replace dps with way better and get another healer.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Merathy
    If your DDs are 232 geared it should be no problem to hit the 5k dps.

But with 32% left after four and a half seconds semms, that your DDs don't even reach the 4k dps and that without the tanks.

So if the berserk-timer at two and half minutes look at festerguts health. He sould be at 53%. With execute-time at 20% you could kill him inside the timer.

If not, get new DDs or farm gear in heroics and the bosses before festergut.
    1 of the tanks, the one starting, can reach 4k as well. As a DPS DK only switching to blood presence, no weapon/relic, I get up to 4.5k. We usually bring 3 healers, just for safety. Having 3 ranged is nice, that way your healers have less risk of being the target of the debuff and they can stand in melee.

Cheers
    If you can make the dps easily, then try the fight with 3 healers.
    How many times died your tanks in the fight?
    Are they using their cooldown one after one?

But 32% left don't seem that you have the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Merathy
    If you can make the dps easily, then try the fight with 3 healers.
    How many times died your tanks in the fight?
    Are they using their cooldown one after one?

But 32% left don't seem that you have the dps.
    That's because one of the top DPSers (Me) died at 70%
    A 4.9k DD died a few seconds after that
    Anyways, the tanks are doing fine but I think it has something to do with our healer, I don't think she can maintain healing on him when he inhales the third time, we're doing the spores fine etc.

Deleted

if 1 dies, u lose alot of dps.

So keep the raid up and if ur dps doing 4.7k each its done in no-time.
    Let the tanks rotate CD's and let the healers use CD's in order to keep them alive when he's having his 3stack buff.