Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Help on Festergut.

Tips from a tank to tanks on Fester:

Change taunt after you get 9 stacks.

Most important: use your cooldowns 1-2 seconds before 3rd Inhale Blight comes up.

Fester gets tons of haste after each Inhale Blight and there are 3 inhales before it resets and start again.

So, remember to burst ur tank cooldowns on 3rd inhale, otherwise your tank will be killed.

Edit: also remember that after changing taunt, the first tank should change stance to battle/presence to blood/ removing rf / changing to cat form...to generate less agro. This is due a huge buff to the tank damage and when your OT taunts fester, you should do less agro or MT could get boss from agro, get the 10th stack, die, explode and wipe your raid.

Edit2: but, with 6 dps your raid should be doing with easy this fight...seems that your dps team is the key and they should try to improve their dmg or just replace some.

Seems like two healing it would be tough, but doable if you had leet/geared healers. 3 healing seems the easier way to go for the first time.

An ideal (meaning perfect) setup would have 2-3 ranged and a healer standing at range and the other two healers in melee. A priest or druid would be great for the ranged healer because there is a moment after you have been targeted for Vile Gas where you can still pop barkskin or a shield.

One healer focuses only on the tanks while the other two keep up the raid and contribute to the tank healing. After the first inhale, one of the healers, probably the other one in melee, switches most of their focus to the tanks. On the second inhale, the 3rd healer also helps to heal the tanks more. After he exhales, the two raid healers go back to healing the raid and repeat.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted

Also if the DPS meets the standaard than u dont need to stack up for spore after the first reset of inhale blight. Save's movement and no dps loss.

The tanks are dying? Tell them to blow their CDs on the third inhale (right before he exhales), because he'll be hitting like a freight train. Tanks and healers should be using a CD to boost tank survival each time Fester inhales a third time. Also make sure that the tanks get innoculated stacks. Have the person in melee with a spore move to the exact middle of Festergut, with the other melee edging closer if need be. The tanks need it as much as anybody else. As long as everybody gets 3 stacks (2 is managable, but dangerous with only 2 healers), then the damage from his pungent blight is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichiz
    That's because one of the top DPSers (Me) died at 70%
    A 4.9k DD died a few seconds after that
    Anyways, the tanks are doing fine but I think it has something to do with our healer, I don't think she can maintain healing on him when he inhales the third time, we're doing the spores fine etc.
    Hope your sec. healer heals the tank too and don't just stand around becouse the floor looks so nice^^

we always take 3 Healers. Make the Fight much easier.

Our last setup was:
    Tanks: Warrior, Paladin
    Heal: Druid, 2 Shamans
    DD: Hunter, Mage, Enhancer, Fury, Warlock

The mage and Hunter stand outside with the druid. The others inside festergut and full dps. After he inhales the second time the Druid hots the tanks too. After the next inhales every healer on the tanks.

Festergut down 1 minute before enrage

My raid-setup on Festergut is; 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 DPS.

Setup:

Tanks: Blood specced Death Knight (me) and a prot pally.

Healers: Disc priest, resto shammy and resto druid.

DPS: Combat/assassination rogue, frost DK, Destro/Infliction lock, MM hunter and Arcane Mage.

Fair enough, everyone in our raid has an average iL of 250, but only time we had some trouble downing him was the first time when none had read up on the tactics.

How we do it:

We let the MT tank him until he has 8 stacks on the MT, then the OT taunts (me) and tanks him until I have 8 stakcs. (which means that I am the one taking the heavy damage the first time he inhales all the smoke) and we used to pop heroism at this point, but it is no longer necessary as the previous OT didn't know how to use his CD's. /facedesk

And we usually just ignores the spores after the first beating, we just burn him down and he's dead before he inhales the gas three times the second time.

I'm also going to provide some info on our members stats.

Tanks; MT has about 50k buffed, OT (me) have about 52k buffed. (We generate about 7-9k TPS each if that matters)

Healers: About 3k HPS average (per healer), shammy and priest is usually on the tanks. Druid on raid, he does have a tank-heal spec though, which he uses on Blood Princes.

DPS:

Warlock: About 8k average
    Rogue: about 8.5-9k
    Frost DK: 9k+ (He really knows his stuff!)
    Mage: about 6-8k average
    Hunter: about 8k average

I'll provide a link to my own armory, I'm not sure if I'm allowed by the forum to post other armory-links than my own.
    (Would be nice if a Mod would comment on this, whether I'm allowed or not to post their armory for inspection of their gear)

Anyways, my Armory.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nor&cn=Sasunoo

Side Note: I used to be a healer (resto shaman), but I was allowed to switch my spot as we had plenty healers but not tanks available.

TL;DR - Setup explanation, stats, tactic, armory. (I recommend that you read my entire post though) =)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

That's because one of the top DPSers (Me) died at 70%
    A 4.9k DD died a few seconds after that
    Anyways, the tanks are doing fine but I think it has something to do with our healer, I don't think she can maintain healing on him when he inhales the third time, we're doing the spores fine etc.
    Missed this part earlier.

There is no reason for DPS to ever die during Festergut. Unless the healers are just awful (tell them to step up their game), if you are doing the spores correctly, you should never be remotely close to dying. 3 stacks of innoculated makes his big exhale hit like a kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    wow..., That was one ohell of a reply, I'll PM this to my GM and i hope it works, Thanks for all your help!

Edit: shortened quote. --Sunshine

Why is everyone trying this with 6DPS... We do this every week in my guild with 5..
    Unholy DK
    Mut Rouge
    Arcane Mage
    Demo or Affliction Lock (he always changes)
    Ret pally.

Prot war and blood DK tanks
    Resto Shaman, Disc Preist, and Holy Preist... Usually down him right before the third inhale on the second wave....

Try to make sure you have 3 ranged dps, that way the other healer wont have to heal like crazy whenever a healer get the puke debuff

Have one of your Priests go holy and glyph Guardian Spirit, or get a 3rd healer for this fight (which would be even better). Perhaps a DD with dual spec.
    Get 3 Ranged DD.
    Healers stand inside the Tanks.
    Taunt on 9th stack. If your DPS are overgearing the fight, tanks can even spot at 6-8th stack to give the healers more time to prepare for the 3rd enhale. That doesn't work out if you need a third taunt, though.
    On 3rd enhale, warri tank pops shield wall. Right before shield wall runs out, he pops last stand AND gets the guardian spirit. Other tanks classes do it accordingly.

We do it with 3 healers.
    We also have everyone in the stood on the boss apart from 3 people, usually Me as a Disc Priest and two DPS that fair well with interruptions from being sick such as Warlocks due to dots etc. That way the majority of dps and 2 healers won't be effected by vomiting.
    Disc Priests are extremely useful for this fight as they can pre-shield everyone for the big AOE when the gaseous blight resets
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic mode fester 10 has 14mill and we kill that with 2tank/3healer and 20sec on the enrage. Normal has like 9mill to nuke in 5min
    60sec = 1,800,000
    6sec=180K
    1sec=30K raid wide.
    Surely all dps you have do more than 5K? + heroism. + Tank damage buff.
    If not its purely shit dps wiping you.
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

Some hints:

- Use Cooldowns for 3rd inhale
    - Plan carefully which tank starts, so that at the phase which your healers find more
    "problematic" your better equipped tank is tanking (personally I find starting with the
    "weaker" tank is best - though if your healers have more trouble after the second taunt
    you might flip that)
    - If you have the luck and one of your tanks is a Paladin, let him start. After first taunt,
    he bubbles (and removes bubble immediately). So if now the other tank dies, the
    Paladin can immediately taunt (his debuffs are gone) and give a druid time to battlerezz
    the other tank
    - Indestrucable potion? (Prepotting, if needed, so if you get two exhales it is existing for both)
    - Go sure not two health-trinkets are used for this fight, but one health, one Cooldown-trinket

As to length of the fight (the shorter, the less risk the tank dies): How many spores do your
    DPS use? Especially DPS which can prevent/dmg-reduce an exhale (mages with iceblock for example). Myselves I use not a single spore in that fight (unless I get one myselves of course!). Iceblock the first exhale, and there is no second exhale in my group (with the option of Manashield/OOM/Evocate in case thinks go wrong to survive, but since I have this tactics this never happened). What is the typical dps your DPS people have in this fight? A Paladin or disci shielding mages can very effectively raise their dmg a lot for this fight BTW (but this is only for mages, of course, and if you have often tank-deaths
    the Sacred shield will be needed for the tanks)

Also usage of human-skill or PvP trinket can help on disorientation debuffs (but use it *after* the first tick of damage, else it does not work).
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zannthos
    Why is everyone trying this with 6DPS... We do this every week in my guild with 5..
    I really thinks that only a few ppl that still dont know how this fight works are doing with 6 dps.

My group setup:

Tank1: Warr tank
    Tank2: Pally tank

Healer1: Disc Priest
    Healer2: Pally
    Healer3: Druid

Dps1: Dk Unholy
    Dps2: Pally
    Dps3: Arcane Mage
    Dps4: Shadow Priest
    Dps5: MM Hunter

My group has killed LK we use

warrior tank (me) Bigjons outland armory me
    prot paladin

holy paladin
    resto shaman (enh offspec)
    resto druid

ret paladin
    shadow priest
    mage
    hunter
    dk

dps stand at range with druid - since he uses hots
    holy paladin stands in raid beacons tanks

tanking advise
    i get 7 stacks then we switch i dont use vigalence on anyone, i stop dps'ing for 10 seconds when im not tanking.

i tank first so that the paladin tank gets the 3 inhales he uses cooldowns and we pop heroism, second 3rd inhale i get it, last stand first then shield wall shield block blood thirst self heal and other trinket i have alot of cooldowns sure.

keep thunder clap and demo up. Your healing setup is weak for this fight atleast get 1 of the priests go to disc but for this fight holy paladins in meele range are kind MT healers.

For the fight you need a minimum of 3 people standing outside of festergut's melee range to take the vile vomits.

choose these dps wisely (i say dps as its often safer than having healers outside)

mages get them to stand on the middle position and blink either way os they know htey can always blink right back to the spot, warlocks have them use demon circle etc, this way both can maximisetheir dps time and minimise movement time

resto druids are ace for here too altho due to rage min issueus we use a hunter a mage and a warlock outside when the spores come the mage and lock move to hunter.

everyone else stands i nthe middle and nukes like crazy, blow all CD's as soon as theyare offa nd you should make the timer

if your dps can make saurfang you should be ok, maybe it was just some bad luck, / people not being comfortable wit hthe fight etc

keep going and it will get easier, but yeah if your dps cant pull 5k on festergut then you probably need some more dps >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

Have one of the tank healers stand in melee (normal mode) if they are having troubles and your raid setup allows this (too many melee = pukes in melee grp) so they never need to move for any collapse for the spore, profit.

wow..., That was one ohell of a reply, I'll PM this to my GM and i hope it works, Thanks for all your help!

I'm just happy to be of any help. =)

GL on Festergut next time, also; If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zannthos
    we do everything up to sindrigosa with 2 healers 2 tanks and 6 dps

apart from valithria, we use 2 healers 1 tank and 7 dps

it just seems easier to burn the encounters faster than drag them out due to an extra healer
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)