Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Mage mastery system

After being thinking about what I said in my previous post and believing that the CURRENT function of the frost tree is to improve the survival of the mage, I expose here my idea as the masteries of the mages will be:

Arcane
    • Damage -> Improves your Spell Damage by X%
    • Hit -> Improves your Hit by Y%
    • Arcane Concentration -> Gives you a Z% chance of entering a Clearcasting state after any damage spell hits a target

Fire
    • Crit -> Improves your Crit by Y%
    • Ignite -> Your critical strikes from all damage spells cause the target to burn for an additional Z% of your spell's damage over 4 sec

Frost
    • Survivability -> Reduces all damage taken by X%
    • Haste -> Improves your Haste by Y%
    • Shatter -> Increases the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by Z%

Quote Originally Posted by Nortḥem
    After being thinking about what I said in my previous post and believing that the CURRENT function of the frost tree is to improve the survival of the mage, I expose here my idea as the masteries of the mages will be:

Arcane
    • Arcane Concentration -> Gives you a Z% chance of entering a Clearcasting state after any damage spell hits a target

Fire
    • Ignite -> Your critical strikes from all damage spells cause the target to burn for an additional Z% of your spell's damage over 4 sec

Frost
    • Shatter -> Increases the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by Z%
    i think i might go with something like this -

arcane

increase damage by X
    increase haste rating by Y
    increase intellect by Z

fire

increase damage by X
    increase critical strike rating by Y
    increase critical strike damage by Z

frost

increase damage by X
    increase damage taken by Y
    increase chance to freeze target by Z

"It's A Great Day For Hockey" - Badger Bob Johnson

I believe pure classes will have the same first two mastery effects from all trees. I think this will also apply to hybrids that use two trees for the same role. Eg:- Holy and Discipline will have the same first two mastery bonuses for the Holy and Discipline trees. Likewise Arms and Fury.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I don't think the masteries of any class will be taking the fun talents out of the tree (i.e. ignite)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbanana
    Arcane has the lowest Hit cap of all 3 mages why would Arcane mages get a Hit Mastery
    Dont forget that they are reworking all of the passive talents to be more.. ''Fun'' and able to change your gameplay just by taking them.

Meaning they would most likely get rid of the passive hit increase or so..

But speaking of mastery..

If blizzard plays their cards right, we might be able to see a whole new spec.

Im thinking that because of the mastery system that is about to come, and they are reworking most talents, maybe we will get 2 FFB specs instead of one?

One going deep into fire for living bomb, the other going for deep freeze? And both of them would like.. dip into fire for ignite or frost for.. shatter? Idk, just thinking

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    I don't think the masteries of any class will be taking the fun talents out of the tree (i.e. ignite)
    You're not taking a fun talent out, you're making it so your fun talent is ALL over your tree, and scaling with gear.I could see that in say, Naxx gear, Ignite is 35-40% of your crit damage, and when we're at ICC, Ignite is now 50-60% of your crits damage. It would make fire LOVE their mastery. And if it seems too "specific" of a certain tree (since they want to it hybrid viable), it could be on all spells, like arcane who puts ~10-20 points in Fire could have Some form of Dots, that they are lacking, they want to discourage 76/0/0 specs anyway. While if an arcane wants more survivability, they could go 55/0/21 and take less damage from, the second point, and maybe even if it goes into a Finger of Frost mastery, get Arcane to have some crit burst with Shatter.

About "Crit %" increase as the second stat of Fire, yes, its probably going to be that, for the reason that they are removing the "unfun passive increases such as Fire Power", i'm pretty certain they are going to remove Critical Mass and every other talent in our tree that just ups crit chance passively, rolling it into mastery.

The way i see it, Mastery is not just a way to increase YOUR tree, its also a way to create interesting offspec choices. If you want to be arcane, its a given that you're going to be putting 51+ points into it. Now the question is, do you want the choice of more damage via crit chance and a dot, or do you want more damage via a shatter form of frost mastery, while receiving less damage taken which may be helpful in the hardest content? CHOICE, VALID CHOICES. If the Frost mastery bonus is ONLY helpful to Frost, then it may be a less interesting choice.

The good thing is that Arcane currently have some kind of modeling where you do have a choice in your talent tree, once your spec skeleton is done, you have about 4 points to juggle in Magic Absorption, Incanters, Arcane Range, Prismatic Cloak, you can even more the tier 1 talent a bit if you want less hit from talents due to gear, if you want less pushback or less threat. That's what i like about speccing Arcane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted

Arcane has the lowest Hit cap of all 3 mages why would Arcane mages get a Hit Mastery
    Perhaps, with the removal of spell penetration, now the hit rating is something like: "the more hit rating you have, less likely that your spells are resisted or dispelled and less amount of damage will be resisted because of the magical resistances”, that is, the new Hit = the old Hit + spell penetration.

As for the haste, apart from the actual effects, should include a reduction of the spells cooldowns, being the haste something like: "The more haste you have, you cast your spells faster, have less global cooldown (with a minimum of one second) and faster will be the recharge of your spells".

i dont think freeze target would be that good since bosses cant be frozen. least from a PvE prospective
    From the beginning, the frost specialization was bound to PVP because that gave survival and never has served to the PVE.
    I do not think Blizzard decides to change it now, because if it became compatible with the PVE, its characteristics to the PVP go down (you can not have everything) and then, what specialization we will have for PVP?
    As I said, the main objective of the frost tree is the survivability and no the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    I believe pure classes will have the same first two mastery effects from all trees. I think this will also apply to hybrids that use two trees for the same role. Eg:- Holy and Discipline will have the same first two mastery bonuses for the Holy and Discipline trees. Likewise Arms and Fury.
    If the pure classes have the same first and second mastery effects for all trees, then there won't be almost no kind of diversity ... I hope this is not the case and that each has the largest number of unique masteries if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    Wrong, the third masteries will be exactly talents as we already know.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________

Then we have the following masteries, of which those that are underlined are those that are practically confirmed and which are in italics, in my view, have many possibilities for the reasons already mentioned:

Arcane

Fire

Frost