Priest, Levitate, Exploring

Greetings fellow World of Warcraft gamers and MMO-Champion users!

Today I made a shocking discovery, some of you might know it, some of you might not, but I certainly didn't know it until this day... I want to tell you guys about it.

So today I was bored and decided to go exploring just for fun, I teleported to Winterspring (Hooray for engineering) and started my journey to Hyjal. "OMFG HACKZOR U CNAT GO THRE WITHUT HAX" you might say, but I don't, so hear me out! (and btw I know of the No Man's Land debuff which you get if you go there).

So here comes the discovery part, I play a priest, and many of you if not everyone know of the spell called "Levitate", it is a funny spell indeed. So my journeys had taken me to Felwood by now, and I was hopping IN THE MOUNTAINS (bad joke I know) and I was frustrated by the fact that blizzard has done so many bad things to world exploring (not going into detail with this), as I ran into a big fu**ing mountain and couldn't find my way across it.

That led me into thinking, hey why not go around it . But how, I wondered, and then the lightning struck me like a Thralls legendary Doomhammer Chain Lightning of Fiery Hell. Levitate. I put levitate on and started facing the mountain in a running position which still allowed me to move forward. The simple instructions to making it succeed is to use your "Move forward" -key to... well, move forward and then the mouse to rotate your character and keep him/her towards the mountain at all times. Like this:

So started the real exploring action, I got around the mountain of course and started going over the hills which are positioned on the edges of each zone usually:

I could have started from somewhere else which is closer to Hyjal but I wanted to test and practice my new Levitate trick a bit more.

Near Hyjal now:

More to come, I went farther away and got teleported to Darkwhisper Gorge, no debuff for some reason O_o.

And no, this is not a troll post in any way, you can test the trick and find out it works, you can go exploring somewhere else if you want to, this opens up many possibilities!

Use these hills in Winterspring for an easy access to the mountains leading to Hyjal (go there on your own risk)

Re: Priest, Levitate, Exploring

Okay so you found a way to Hyjal. And?

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    Not sure if you know what reading means but this is not just about "finding a way to Hyjal" but about how you can explore places you haven't been to before using the trick I explained...

you shouldnt post it even if u want ppl to know the secrets. blizzard finds out u've been there. u get banned. have fun.

You would think with how much people complain that all the posts are either gearscore rants or some other boring QQ that they would like a post that is different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    Oh, guess not....

Quote Originally Posted by Matty710
    You would think with how much people complain that all the posts are either gearscore rants or some other boring QQ that they would like a post that is different.

Oh, guess not....
    Almost everyone is a troll searching for someone to bash on in the forums. Anyways I think I will have a look around and see what I can find using the trick, ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by lidorn
    you shouldnt post it even if u want ppl to know the secrets. blizzard finds out u've been there. u get banned. have fun.
    Yes, Blizzard puts its manpower on reading MMO-champion. Dumbass.

Nice tip, perhaps it can used to get into ZG at lower levels?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    Yes, Blizzard puts its manpower on reading MMO-champion. Dumbass.

Nice tip, perhaps it can used to get into ZG at lower levels?
    That might be entirely possible, try it out!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lidorn
    This bug was around in Vanilla, multiple Forum Posts were on the Official Forum about it and multiple Youtube video's. Your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus

I love this trick. my priest is only lvl 60, but i've seen everything in the old world you're not supposed to, except hyjal. tough nut to crack, that one.

It's incredible how much of those continents is completely barren, just textured flats to fill space. it's not surprising they don't want everybody flying up there till they can change it for the better.
    "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes." - Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account

Levitate can be a lot of fun. My friend found a way to use it so we could get on top of Ogrimmars main gates. Jumping down takes you underneath Orgrimmar which. It's just an open expanse of untextured land with nothing on it other than a giant pit. However, jumping down into this pit places you inside RFC. Not the instance though, we were inside the part which you see from outside the dungeon portal. Going through the instance portal would put you inside Orgrimmar outside the dungeon portal and I forget what happened when I jumped into this blue nothingness. :P

Basically what this video shows but, we went from the front to get on top of the gates and used levitate - and went 'into' RFC:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/WOW_expo...der_orgrimmar/

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Did this trick on my priest some time ago. After you kill the raptor boss in ZG, you can jump on the balcony behind his hut. From here, you need to find the 'stuck' places a bit and you'll go all the way up the mountain. From here you come into a grey area, which looks like Deadwind Pass. The strange thing is; there actually is some kind of altar there, which looks exactly like the TBC log in screen.

You can do some more levitate bugging and get into Blasted Lands. There's nothing exciting to do here really, except for the fact that when you enter the end of WoW, at the edge, you will see some blue wall, which you can run through. I did this with levitate and kept flying into nowhere for 5 minutes.

When you do stuff like this, check your minimap. It's quite funny after a while, when it looks completely broken and it still says you're in ZG.

I read the OP's discovery and thought to myself.. Hmm.. You must be able to do that at some other places when you can in Winterspring..
    I went outside of Org and started climbing
    It took a little while, but once you got the hang of it, it was pure pwn from thereon
    I got below and above Org like that, hard to explain, you have to try it yourself =)
    Quote Originally Posted by galten1234 View Post
    i have thinking of a new hero class the dragon drake it would be a dragon that would be in horde and have attack like 90% damage and 10% frostbolt and maybe a pet thaat is a serpent? i think it would be very good and it could also have ability called fire and do 30% fire damage !! it will be aswsome plz blizz do this class!