Poll: Which trinket is better as a Disc Priest in PVE?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Disc Trinket PVE

Which trinket do you think is better for disc PVE? Althor's Abacus (ilevel 264) or Purified Lunar Dust (ilevel 264)?

I'm running with Solace (ilevel 245) and Silver of Pure Ice (ilevel 251). I want to replace my Pure Ice for one of the two trinkets above and eventually get heroic Solace (ilevel 258)

Does Althor's Abacus proc off Power Word: Shield or the PW:S heal glyph? Does anyone have any WOL parses showing how much of their total healing Althor's Abacus did as disc?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Disc Trinket PVE

keep sliver unless u need the extra SP
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Must be rough when you have the choice between Solace, Sliver, Lunar Dust, and Abacus lol.

I think you know the answer already, but I would say...

Do you need mana? Lunar Dust
    No? Abacus

I'm not sure about proccing off PW:S, but nonetheless it's still worth it. It's not like you still won't be spending the majority of your GCDs healing. With it's CD I'm sure you'll be utilizing it just barely less than a non-shielding healer.

i choose other; double solace ftw

Double Solace falls behind when you don't need the regen, Doctavice. :P

Althor's Abacus just went to our Discipline Priest last night, and it's proc'ing decently for him apparently (though I have no idea if its crits can proc Aegis or not). From the look of things, it goes off his shields (or at least the shield glyph), with a fair amount of "uptime" (or at least time spent on ICD, not sure the terminology on that).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

My vote is for PLD, just because I hate RNG along with other things like egg and scarab

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Double Solace falls behind when you don't need the regen, Doctavice. :P

Althor's Abacus just went to our Discipline Priest last night, and it's proc'ing decently for him apparently (though I have no idea if its crits can proc Aegis or not). From the look of things, it goes off his shields (or at least the shield glyph), with a fair amount of "uptime" (or at least time spent on ICD, not sure the terminology on that).
    The Proc can crit, but the crits dont proc inspiration or Aegis, sadly.
    It procs as often as about any other healer, short of a resto druid due to constant hots.
    But between renew/bubble/mend hops and penance ticks, the "uptime" is pretty great.

I get upwards of 11k crits with the little bugger, love it lots.

.f

Althor's has a 45 second ICD afaik. So it should proc pretty similar amounts for most healers. It ends up being about 3-4% of my overall healing as both Disc and Holy. Similar levels to trees and rshamans.

It crits for 10500 or so which is very nice
    Its annoying when it procs off a renew dot just as you run in though

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Althor's has a 45 second ICD afaik. So it should proc pretty similar amounts for most healers. It ends up being about 3-4% of my overall healing as both Disc and Holy. Similar levels to trees and rshamans.

It crits for 10500 or so which is very nice
    Its annoying when it procs off a renew dot just as you run in though
    Althor's is a great investment. It has a 30% proc rate, so it goes off almost automatically upon its icd coming up. it usually accounts for 3-4% of my total healing most nights. It does NOT proc an aegis when it crits, but it does have a smartheal component(although its still kinda dumb). Heres a parse of last nights raiding. The proc is called "Echoes of Light"

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...tb7/details/0/

Point of interest it also procs off shadow vamp heals.
    Best shadow pvp trinket.

Are u really sure about that point? I would assume vamp heals are not considered as a healing spell so I would assume that it doesn't work (otherwise solace would work as SP for constant mana return as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Ândrömèdâ
    Are u really sure about that point? I would assume vamp heals are not considered as a healing spell so I would assume that it doesn't work (otherwise solace would work as SP for constant mana return as well).
    100% certain it procs off VE. I've used it in shadow and its quite humorous seeing a 9k heal on the tank while nuking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ândrömèdâ
    Keep in mind trinkets such as the Epherial Snowflake which specifically state heals also proc from Vampiric Embrace, which is why a small internal cooldown was added.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Keep in mind trinkets such as the Epherial Snowflake which specifically state heals also proc from Vampiric Embrace, which is why a small internal cooldown was added.
    Which is how to got nerfed to hell...

The heal can't proc DA.

On a sidenote; if you don't need regen http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50353 is awesome .

Normal and Heroic Solace ftw ;D

Such an imba combo...

Quote Originally Posted by krisdk
    The heal can't proc DA.

On a sidenote; if you don't need regen http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50353 is awesome .
    That is a terrible trinket for healers and if no respectful guild would ever give it to one, and if you can't understand why then you should get more educated in how the game works and how that trinket works.

As far as for the OP I'd go with PlD, the regen is nice for Disc priest and shouldn't be under estimated, The math has been done by one of out top priest in our guild, Any fight that last longer then 6mins the lunar dust will out preform. and thing under 6 mins, use the abacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruxx888
    That is a terrible trinket for healers and if no respectful guild would ever give it to one, and if you can't understand why then you should get more educated in how the game works and how that trinket works.
    So tell me why is it bad? the haste? the massive amount of sp on proc? (yes it can proc for disc priests)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisone
    So tell me why is it bad? the haste? the massive amount of sp on proc? (yes it can proc for disc priests)
    Your HARMFUL SPELLS proc it. I don't know about you, but disc priests don't use harmful spells on hardmodes. Maybe your guild is that leet though, brah.

Reading comprehension ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Astrii
    Your HARMFUL SPELLS proc it. I don't know about you, but disc priests don't use harmful spells on hardmodes. Maybe your guild is that leet though, brah.

Reading comprehension ftw
    It procs from Pw:s. I don't know about you, but disc priests use Pw:s.