Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: So everyone here loves Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen
    While I make no attempt to hide I dislike arena, anyone who uses the words "Fair" "PvP" and "Arena" in the same sentence don't have a very good grasp on what arena is. Sure, 3v3 seems like it's pretty fair numbers but it's far more what class compisition you run, versus how "Skilled" you are. Yes, knowing how to play well will obviously allow you to perform better, but with the glaring flaws in some classes and insane strengths of other classes it's hardly fair. Let alone what is called, "Synergy" such as RMP, which is apparently super ninja skill to CC chain to make it 3v2 for what feels like an eternity in PvP. Or a nice spell cleave who nearly, if not actually, global someone. Or my favorite, double healer warrior, where a PvE geared warrior puts out enough pressure to win it single handedly.

/tinfoilhat
    I wouldn't be all too surprised if it a gimmick to make people keep playing, anyone who "Seriously" PvPs almost always winds up leveling the new FotM class just to play it for a short time before nerfing, and level the next FotM in an endless cycle of subscriptions for blizzard.
    When you add up all these "fotm comps" including RMP, all wizard cleaves, and all double healer warriors, you have a large number of classes that are viable for arena. Aside from say, fire mages or fury warriors, almost every spec/class can fit into its own niche "fotm" team setup. Just as you wouldn't run into a 25man raid without a tank, or a hardmode encounter without an essential buffer class (shaman for bloodlust/heroism), you're not going to run into arena with 3x fury warriors on a 3v3 team to win against top teams.
    People can call them fotm comps, but when you look at it as a whole, just about every spec/class can be a "fotm" class.

(Plus, it's not really difficult to respec/dualspec. In my raiding guild, I raided as enhance, then dual specced to restoration/elemental to arena. Even then, even enhance is viable in "fotm" comps such as beastcleave)

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

"If you like arena so much, let's remove the rewards from arena ( after all u are not "loot-whoring " or playing arena for your 'e-peen' , right? ) and give you same gear from BGs as TBC was.
    I guarantee you 99.99% of arena players won't even STEP into arena the milisecond this change occurs." Quoted from page 6.

Let's remove the rewards from all the PVE content and give players who raid ICC and TOC the same gear they get by doing heroics (ilvl 200). (After all you are not raiding for loot right?) I guarantee you 99.99 percent of PVE players won't even STEP into any pve content. LoL

I don't like Arena if it gets to competitive. If it's for strictly fun(paradox of words? strict and fun?) I do enjoy it though. However, I wish PvP and PvE would be completely independant of each other.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen
    While I make no attempt to hide I dislike arena, anyone who uses the words "Fair" "PvP" and "Arena" in the same sentence don't have a very good grasp on what arena is. Sure, 3v3 seems like it's pretty fair numbers but it's far more what class compisition you run, versus how "Skilled" you are. Yes, knowing how to play well will obviously allow you to perform better, but with the glaring flaws in some classes and insane strengths of other classes it's hardly fair. Let alone what is called, "Synergy" such as RMP, which is apparently super ninja skill to CC chain to make it 3v2 for what feels like an eternity in PvP. Or a nice spell cleave who nearly, if not actually, global someone. Or my favorite, double healer warrior, where a PvE geared warrior puts out enough pressure to win it single handedly.

/tinfoilhat
    I wouldn't be all too surprised if it a gimmick to make people keep playing, anyone who "Seriously" PvPs almost always winds up leveling the new FotM class just to play it for a short time before nerfing, and level the next FotM in an endless cycle of subscriptions for blizzard.
    Considerung 95% of all teams above 2k belong to those fotm comps... isn't it a measure of skill to actually be one of the high rated ones? or in other words: rank1 title or shut up.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

I am a PvP player and the only PvE i do is weekly raid for the quest, VoA(if thats pve anw), and when im bored some totc. I play arena since s1 and im not an awesome pvp'er but i want to believe that i am a good one.I find PvE to be stupid and lame, and yes i ve played hardcore pve before. But, i hate arena because in order to actualy achieve a high rating is by fotming even if that means playing a lame combo, aka RMP/TSG and all that kind of shit. So if you dont have access to any of those combos you are doomed to fail unless you are one imba player and you have the skills to outplay all the other fotmers you encounter.
    I only play arena because its the only way to get the best pvp gear, so i am forced to do it. I prefer joining premades of wsg/ab but those days are long gone. I am glad that blizzard will, lets say, ''resurect'' the BG system and if it is actualy as challenging and rewarding as arena is i will never play arena again.
    As i said at the begining i am not an awesome PvPer and by that i mean 2.1-2.2k rating in 2v2/3v3 experience which if you are a player who ever played at those ratings you will know that its not a big deal to get.

Just recently got into Arena (2 weeks ago in fact) as a Holy Paladin. Must say I enjoy it more than I thought I would.
    However, I do find that I run into a lot of stupid shit... Polymorph spam, fear spam, unhealable burst, you name it... but usually I can shrug it off.
    BGs however are always annoying, at least as a healer. It's like healing spikey raid damage in PvE mixed with debuffs, poisons, snares, and stuns thrown on random targets. Too hectic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I wish PvP and PvE would be completely independant of each other.
    This. Blizzard needs to come up with a way to separate PvE and PvP. Right now, it's because of this that WoW is impossible to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriusj
    Let's remove the rewards from all the PVE content and give players who raid ICC and TOC the same gear they get by doing heroics (ilvl 200). (After all you are not raiding for loot right?) I guarantee you 99.99 percent of PVE players won't even STEP into any pve content. LoL
    Item level has nothing to do with PvE, what does have with PvE is getting gear that makes the encounters possible. I hope you realize how incredibly stupid your retort was.

Tbh i really love arena I just hate how everyone has to be a pillarwhore really annoying for casters

Really hate playing the LoS game

I love PvP. Since I started gaming way back in games it was always about PvP.
    So, in WoW, I can either;

1. Duel, well I prefer playing as resto druid, so that's not for me >.>
    2. WPvP, dead.
    3. BG's, 1/20 games doesn't end up in zerging between bases/turtling/rushing to Vann/only grabbing flag in EotS.
    4. Arena, not completely balanced (never will be), but you play with those you wanna play and get to use your skills and abilities to the max without having 7+ people smashing your face in with a brick while you're helplessly try to not cry.

I love PvP and Arena is the best choice for competitive game, which is the fun part.

A lot of people have been put off by Arena in the past, but with some of the more recent changes Blizzard have made to it, its actually pretty fun now for people of all skill levels, gear levels, and team composition.

I play at a low rating (Arc Mage/Holy Pala), but because we haved played enough games (more than 20 or so) to get our rating both hidden and visible to the right point, we only play other teams as crappy as us.

Makes for very fun battles - win or lose I nearly always feel like I have a chance, and that makes it enjoyable.

I think more people should give arena a bit more of a chance as the experience has improved a lot, provided you just want to have fun and not take it too seriously.

My only gripe with it is pillar humping healers - hate them with a passion. Learning to deal with them better all the time, but still can be frustrating.