Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: [HOWTO] enhancement shaman – determining best gemming using Rawr and EnhSim

Apart from the grammatical fix in your quote , please note that Rawr 3 which is at the Elitist Jerks hosted link you mentioned, uses EXACTLY the same calculation code as Rawr2. The ONLY things that are different is the user interface components ie: the look and feel and the fact it runs in a browser.
    oh, hehe, english ain't my native language

and yep, rawr2 and rawr3 beta does about the same, but it works on Mac (wich rawr2 don't, unless you're using mono (wich is broken atm) or some kind of windows simulator. And you can also make rawr3 beta from EJ go "offline" aka downloading it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    and yep, rawr2 and rawr3 beta does about the same, but it works on Mac (wich rawr2 don't, unless you're using mono (wich is broken atm) or some kind of windows simulator. And you can also make rawr3 beta from EJ go "offline" aka downloading it
    No you missed my point they don't "do about the same" they ARE the same!!! It is EXACTLY the same code that does the calculations in both versions. ie: if I make a change in one it is by definition made in the other version too. They compile from the SAME code. The only difference is in the user interface, one runs in a browser one is stand alone. Please understand I am the guy who writes the code for Enhancement Shamans so I do very much know what I am talking about.

Naturally Rawr 3 that runs in a browser also runs on a Mac, since Mac's have browsers, the only pre-requisite I am aware of is installing Silverlight, I don't have a Mac so I'm not 100% sure.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Naturally Rawr 3 that runs in a browser also runs on a Mac, since Mac's have browsers, the only pre-requisite I am aware of is installing Silverlight, I don't have a Mac so I'm not 100% sure.
    http://microsoft-silverlight-mac.en.softonic.com/mac

i don't have a mac myself, but this is what you need then, i think.

Deleted
    i don't intend to update this guide severely for cataclysm (apart from changing any mentions of AP to AGI). it probably doesn't need any anyway, since 90% of the cataclysm and program changes aren't relevant for this. when the cata Enhsim is released and it seems to have changed a lot, i'll update the relevant sections. same for Rawr.

Deleted
    quick update:

it seems like Rawr won't be updated before cataclysm hits. this means that for all practical purposes, this guide is unusable except to those extremely dedicated.

what those can do (i haven't tested this, this is purely speculation):
    1) first, reload the entire gear database from Armory or Wowhead
    2) after that, remove all your talents from the talent pane, as well as your glyphs. you will enter these manually into Enhsim.
    3) i believe now you can enter your stats manually into enhsim. but first check any item for problems, including gems and enchants. if one is not correctly statified/gemmed, reload it from the other database or change it manually.

remember, i THINK this will work. i don't give any guarantees. all you should do in Rawr is make sure your base stats are correct so you can enter them into Enhsim.