Where's the new Alchemist's Stone?

I'm pretty sad to see there hasn't been an upgraded Alchemist's stone yet. They released a new one when Isle of Quel'danas released in BC, but I feel like we've been forgotten in the mix of things this time around. Leather Working, Blacksmithing and Tailoring have all received pattern after pattern, but Alchemist's and Engineers have gone by the wayside for updates this expansion. At least Engineers got Jeeves.

Re: Where's the new Alchemist's Stone?

I believe s/he is referring to how there were blue alchemy trinkets at the beginning of TBC, and epic trinkets at the end during the Sunwell event.

I would like to see epic alchemy trinkets in a content patch before Cata is released as well. They were quite expensive to make, but were neat additions to the profession.

It is likely now due to the bonus they get from mixology, so if that is similar to the stats bonus you can obtain through other professions, then epic trinkets will not be required.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I would expect them to come out in the patch or two after 3.3.3 if they add new content/rep/dalies into the game. But, it also wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't implement any.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

gief engineering goggle v2 :P

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    It is likely now due to the bonus they get from mixology, so if that is similar to the stats bonus you can obtain through other professions, then epic trinkets will not be required.
    It's two seperate things, the mixology and the alchemist's stone. The mixology is an alchemist only bonus, kind of like blacksmiths adding two sockets only they can have, or tailors embroidering their cloak, or leatherworkers placing fur lining on their bracers. Mixology is on par with these other professions' unique bonuses.

The alchemists stone is a crafted item, kind of like a blacksmith making the crafted boots from ICC. Anyone can equip a trinket, so it wouldn't give alchemists any profession-specific advantage to have one they could craft unless the alchemist stone were better than any trinket drop out there.

I think they've just been focusing on other things, and there's still a chance they'll add a new stone in before cata.

Today I also picked Alchemy and leveled it to 450.

So, I AGREEE WHERE IS THAT ALCHEMIST STONE!!! I WANT EPIX FROM MY NEW PROFESSION!!
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Those were mainly good when you could pot every cd instead of once a fight.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    It's two seperate things, the mixology and the alchemist's stone. The mixology is an alchemist only bonus, kind of like blacksmiths adding two sockets only they can have, or tailors embroidering their cloak, or leatherworkers placing fur lining on their bracers. Mixology is on par with these other professions' unique bonuses.

The alchemists stone is a crafted item, kind of like a blacksmith making the crafted boots from ICC. Anyone can equip a trinket, so it wouldn't give alchemists any profession-specific advantage to have one they could craft unless the alchemist stone were better than any trinket drop out there.

I think they've just been focusing on other things, and there's still a chance they'll add a new stone in before cata.
    Alchemist Stones are BoP and require a certain Alchemy skill level to equip just for clarification. I believe them not adding an epic alchemist stone thus far could be due to the influx of Darkmoone trinkets.

as noted the trinket is BoP and requires alchemy to use so it's not like a BS crafting some ICC gear it is an actual alchemy bonus... however it is not particularly useful once ya get to 80 and do some heroics and maybe a few raids
    so yes gief an ICC level upgrade to it... crazy mats I don't care
    it sucks part of our profession bonus is useless so soon

you'll probably get an epic alch stone when jcs get epic trinkets, so I highly doubt it will happen (sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    I would expect them to come out in the patch or two after 3.3.3 if they add new content/rep/dalies into the game. But, it also wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't implement any.
    ^This. I'd be surprised if they do implement any as well. I recall though that in BC the final raid patch had the new epic trinkets in it so it is a possibility, but I don't think they'll be anywhere as useful as the old ones especially considering you can't chain pot during raids anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Moistloins
    Alchemist Stones are BoP and require a certain Alchemy skill level to equip just for clarification.
    I thought about clarifying, but most post was getting a little long-winded.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    you'll probably get an epic alch stone when jcs get epic trinkets, so I highly doubt it will happen (sadly)
    That one would be nice to see as well. They've been good about profession updates. It might happen.