Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

affliction lock Haste and corruption

So theres three things I will talk about, but only one answer i want to know.

Glyph of Quick Decay - makes corruption tick faster based on haste pretty much
    Eradication - your corruption has a 6% chance to increase casting speed by 20%
    Everlasting affliction - Your Corruption and Unstable Affliction spells gain an additional 5% of your bonus spell damage, and your Drain Life, Drain Soul, Shadow Bolt, and Haunt spells have a 100% chance to reset the duration of your Corruption spell on the target.

SOOOOO, what i want to know is if...

I have quick decay and put a corruption on a target, then halfway through Eradication procs and now i have 20% cast speed do I have to cast another or would the everlasting affliction corruption reset automatically adjust with the 20% haste.

if that's confusing just explain some other way how those three talent/glyph work together. they seem pretty good.

(I'm not an experienced lock, mine is only 58)
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Re: affliction lock Haste and corruption

You don't have to reapply corruption no.

15+ Year Old Account

So theres nothing I'd have to do, I just have those 3 and it'll take care of the rest?

Everytime corruption is refreshed by everlasting affliction it resets spell power and haste to what your current value is.
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com

15+ Year Old Account

Ahh, ty, that's pretty much what i wanted to know

Haste rolling no longer exists. You can't maintain a hasted corruption by prepotting with a Speed Pot, but on the bright side you don't have to try to update your Corruption to take advantage of higher haste rates.

NMIC rolling and prepotting Wild Magic to roll Crit, however, still remains a viable and substantial DPS boost on fights where you're not in danger of having it fall off.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Changes to haste and spellpower affect the already existing corruption whereas changes to crit and passive "+dmg auras" (such as tricks of the trade) don't change the current corruption.

Hence, for optimal raid dps, afflic locks ask rogues for a TotT and use a potion of wild magic pre-pull for the initial corruption applied (hell there are theorycraft regarding the +960 crit rating trinket from icc5man beeing better than most 245 because of that) and from then on, make 100% sure it never falls off.

Thus unless you gain such auras, you never reapply corruption. Worse is, given you put one up with either of those type of buffs, any reapply of corruption will decrease your dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Only time you may want to refresh corruption is if you use an on use crit trinket (NMIC) and corruption either fell off or you put it up when NMIC was on CD.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deau
    Changes to haste and spellpower affect the already existing corruption whereas changes to crit and passive "+dmg auras" (such as tricks of the trade) don't change the current corruption.

Hence, for optimal raid dps, afflic locks ask rogues for a TotT and use a potion of wild magic pre-pull for the initial corruption applied (hell there are theorycraft regarding the +960 crit rating trinket from icc5man beeing better than most 245 because of that) and from then on, make 100% sure it never falls off.

Thus unless you gain such auras, you never reapply corruption. Worse is, given you put one up with either of those type of buffs, any reapply of corruption will decrease your dps.

Wait, so I do want to recast corruption when i get eradication?

oh nvm i think i get it. if i got some crit buff then i'd want to recast, but nothign for haste or sp?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadified
    Wait, so I do want to recast corruption when i get eradication?

oh nvm i think i get it. if i got some crit buff then i'd want to recast, but nothign for haste or sp?
    Correct. Crit only. SP and Haste update as the fight progresses. Corruption doesn't update for crit, however.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

15+ Year Old Account

Which is a good thing because you get rolling crits When this glyph first came out it didn't update on haste either, but rolling haste was hella OP so they fixed it, but allowed us to retain rolling crits (how sweet of em). This is why NMIC is on par with a 258-264 trinket for affliction.

for a fight like fester... use the double pot trick, and pop a wild magic before the fight... pop NMIC and you're getting a 25% increased chance for your corruption to crit, which is absolutely awesome...

also on a side note, If I'm not mistaken when you get your 4pc proc to go off, in order for corruption to benefit you'll have to recast it during the buff...

15+ Year Old Account

The 2 piece proc is what you would have to refresh corruption for, but it will say a more powerful spell is active if you started the corruption rolling with NMIC and a Wild Magic pot. Basically the 2 piece is moot for corruption if you are affliction, and really only benefits Shadow Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    The 2 piece proc is what you would have to refresh corruption for, but it will say a more powerful spell is active if you started the corruption rolling with NMIC and a Wild Magic pot. Basically the 2 piece is moot for corruption if you are affliction, and really only benefits Shadow Bolt.
    So your saying the 2 piece is a proc and isn't just a static 5% more crit on corr from the moment you apply the corr?

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook
    So your saying the 2 piece is a proc and isn't just a static 5% more crit on corr from the moment you apply the corr?
    No, he's just wrong. The two piece is just a flat 5% crit that's always active so long as you have 2 pieces of T10 on (dur). The 4pc is a proc and you'd have to manually refresh corruption if you want corruption to gain the benefit of the proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    Hardly ideal, but if you really need to replace corruption, then cast SoC since that will replace it, and avoid the more "powerful" spell issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Garamor
    for a fight like fester... use the double pot trick, and pop a wild magic before the fight... pop NMIC and you're getting a 25% increased chance for your corruption to crit, which is absolutely awesome...

also on a side note, If I'm not mistaken when you get your 4pc proc to go off, in order for corruption to benefit you'll have to recast it during the buff...
    I'm pretty sure that 4 piece counts as a dmg increase and is therefore recalculated when corruption is refreshed. Does anyone have math or blue posts to confirm this?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by GotDots
    I'm pretty sure that 4 piece counts as a dmg increase and is therefore recalculated when corruption is refreshed. Does anyone have math or blue posts to confirm this?
    It counts as a damage increase and is therefore not recalculated when corruption is refreshed.

15+ Year Old Account

Im so glad I got my hands on 277 dislodged and 264 spyglass, that combo is equal to NMIC and critrolling. No more hazzle if it falls off which it tends to do alot more in heroic ICC
    I just wait for 4set to proc and pop a Wild Magic and recast corruption. Alternativly if I get TotT I ignore 4set and pop Wild Magic prepull.

Critrolling was fun for a while (normal ICC) but after a while it becomes a minigame in the game itself (heroic ICC) and simply damn annoying and retarded.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

Read Affliction: Learning to corrupt. It will give you a full explanation of exactly how corruption works, and exactly how to exploit it for maximum damage.