Titan's grip' s penalty topic.

Hi my fellas warriors, one more topic from me.
    Probably this question was picked up before but i hope no)
    This topic is goes for titans grip 10 % phys damage penalty.
    So i ll take 245 items like an example. So while 1 handed 2.8 speed items are smth like 500-660 damage per swing and 2 hander is 700-1100 per swing plus 10% penalty is 630-990 per swing, but getting in mind that this is 3.6 speed. And i bet all other wars skills consider physical and also getting that penalty.
    I bet that was ok in naxx when every1 got 4k dps and penalty was about 400, but now when fury wars got 10k it means that without penalty it could be 11k and then it means that titans grip as 51 talent must give something like 1.5 k dps boost? I mean 1 k wasted and 500 left as boost (my numbers are totally gotten from air). IF there actually IS any damage bonus.
    So this was prelude to mine questions.
    1) I heard somewhere that titans grip is more like cosmetic change (like bm hunt with exotic pet and imba 4 more talents) - anywhere near true, or total false?
    2) If yes and war could get same dps with 1 handers if there were strenght as stat? (inc in cata)
    3) Or does titans grip getting out dry on those weapon damage cd's and giant stats on 2h items?
    4) Or i m totally wrong and yellow skill hits from warrior not considered as physical?

Hope any1 understand what i wrote.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Titan's grip' s penalty topic.

??? Is your question: "Would using 2x1Handers be viable"?

simply put. no.

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    So i ll take 245 items like an example. So while 1 handed 2.8 speed items are smth like 500-660 damage per swing and 2 hander is 700-1100 per swing plus 10% penalty is 630-990 per swing, but getting in mind that this is 3.6 speed. And i bet all other wars skills consider physical and also getting that penalty.
    I bet that was ok in naxx when every1 got 4k dps and penalty was about 400, but now when fury wars got 10k it means that without penalty it could be 11k and then it means that titans grip as 51 talent must give something like 1.5 k dps boost? I mean 1 k wasted and 500 left as boost (my numbers are totally gotten from air). IF there actually IS any damage bonus.
    1) I heard somewhere that titans grip is more like cosmetic change (like bm hunt with exotic pet and imba 4 more talents) - anywhere near true, or total false?
    2) If yes and war could get same dps with 1 handers if there were strenght as stat? (inc in cata)
    3) Or does titans grip getting out dry on those weapon damage cd's and giant stats on 2h items?
    4) Or i m totally wrong and yellow skill hits from warrior not considered as physical?

1) Totally False
    2) No
    3) wait what?
    4) they are physical....

If you don't know TG warriors do well because primarily whirlwind is the only attack warriors have that takes damage from main hand AND offhand. Thus big hits. With one handers it'll be probably 35% lower all for the gain of maybe 5% auto attack damage. (You'd also lose blootthirst damage so add another 4% to the loss)

The majority of your dps as fury comes from your weapon damage or AP, not your swing speed (aka yellows). The big damage of 2 2h weapons more than makes up for their slower speed even with the penalty anyways. Plus there's the big stat bonus.

So there's 3 reasons titan's grip is still better than 2 1h weaps.

(my numbers are totally gotten from air)
    mhm.

what in the world are you smoking because i need to get some of it

Locking this before it gets out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.