[Resto Shaman] First (few) Frost Emblem Purchases

I feel like this must have been asked before, but I honestly gave Search a shot and couldn't come up with someone in gear comparable to mine. I'm kind of in a unique situation such that I can not raid due the fact that my computer is a complete piece of junk (I get an average of 10-20 FPS while playing and this drops down to under 5 FPS anytime I try to set foot into a raid setting... and yes, this is with EVERY graphics options set to their MINIMUM.), but I still enjoy gearing up. I don't want that to give you the impression that I'm not serious about playing; I am fiercely dedicated to my Dungeon runs and healing is by far my favorite part of this game (as you can see by my only playing Healing-capable classes :P). I want to do what I can to be the best geared and most capable I can be, under my circumstances.

With that said, I would like some advice on the first few pieces of Frost Emblem gear that I should snatch. I've already grabbed the back (I had heard that it was quite possibly the best piece to grab first; hope I didn't make a mistake), but am currently sitting at 46 emblems and was wondering what I should grab when I get enough? I'm currently eyeing the mail belt (Waistband of Despair) or the crafted boots (Earthsoul Boots) as my boots are pretty pathetic. The saronite shouldn't be a problem as I have a good 5K+ g that I could blow on it, I just didn't know if that would be the best usage of my emblems (as I'd buy a couple saronites using emblems)? Are there any other suggestions?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...y+of+Stephanie

I'm currently able to run all dungeon content easily, with possibly (self-proclaimed) too much mana regen. I very rarely dip below 15K mana and, as such, have been attempting to boost my haste as much as possible (as you can see by my gemming exclusively for it). I think I've made the best gem choices that I could in order to keep my meta active and grab the most beneficial socket bonuses.

Not trying to undermine the effectiveness of the FAQ as I have read it SEVERAL times (if you haven't, please do, it's great!) as well as EJ's FAQ and BiS list but if you see ANYTHING (possible easy upgrades that don't require raiding, bad enchants/gems/etc), I'd be very grateful to have you point it out to me. I know I've made some odd gear choices in the past, which I'm working hard to remedy, so please don't think I'm a complete idiot (just a little one ).

Thanks in advance, all!

EDIT: As a heads up, I will be switching my head and shoulder enchants to the +crit counterparts on my next log-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Re: [Resto Shaman] First (few) Frost Emblem Purchases

Spec ele get hit cap for dungeons and dps heal alot more fun and faster. Imp gw is useless in heroics or raids pure pvp talent or lvling.

So just get ele gear not sure whats best for ele tbh enh resto more my thing

Im in very similar in terms of performance, just it only happens in 25-man raids. FAQ in Computer section of this forum can help a bit--things like turn of GS, Recount, do not use windowed mode, lower resolution, use 3 macros to gut graphics, disable combat log and a bit more.

In regards of gear upgrades, it will be impossible to break certain milestones without raiding but here are some upgrades/sidegrades you can use:
    Pants: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50265
    Head: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50214
    Belt: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50314 -> this one is paint as you can need on it...
    Trinket2: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37657 -> yes it is blue and it is awesome
    Feet: Earthsoul Boots are on top or very near it on BIS list = good upgrade
    Wrists: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47586 -> sidegrade - optimization

Maintain 2pT9 bonus but get the better off-set pieces from the list above, keep chest and gloves that have haste on them. I would save money, start farming some more, to buy all 5 saronites instead of using Frost badges. I suggest you invest them into 2xT10--head and shoulders are my best bets. I believe that in 5-man content combination of 2xT9 +2xT10 will be much better for you. It will take time but you have plenty of stuff to farm in the meantime:P

Yay, thanks Baron! You are amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Sorry for the high jack - but I didnt really want to make a new topic now that my question is kinda close to your's.

Ok - so i'm trying out resto as off spec. Well I been resto as off spec forever but I never really took any gear for it and never really healed with it - untill reacently.

My main spec is elemental and dont really need anymore frost emblems for it. Now for pimping my off spec. I got around 140 emblems or so - now what to use em for first? Go for 2t10 or get the trinket or the totem... or the cloak... or...
    Also what pieces would you go for if the first goal would be 2t9 and 2t10 (I got other t9 items somewere or I have plenty of emblems to buy em if I dont have em)

Any help / ideas is welcome - also if you have some ideas about my gear - Im in my resto gear/spec atm (link in my signature).

Looking at other resto shamans I got way to much MP5 - but I really have mana problems... I guess im doing something wrong? Reading between the lines in different posts it seems Im useing CH to much. Is that the "Imp water shield" difference between CH(30%) and LHW(60%) wrecking havoc on my mana?

In regards to your gearing questions, I would suggest to go with 2pT9 (chest+hands) and 2pT10 (head+shoulders) which is just a bit more than what you have available now. Totem for Triumph badges is very good, Frost one is slightly better but it is not worth its cost IMO. You can get 245 INT trinket as well.

With above gear you should not go OOM normally. I tat 23-24k mana unbuffed is a point where you should have enough INT to sustain yourself in most common situation. Water shield should always be up--Improved Water shield talent is a must. Glyphed LHW on ES target should be used to top tanks. CH is fine spell but it has less use in 5 and 10-man content.

The cloak is actually one of the worst emblem of frost purchases for a resto shaman if you are healing 25s, but it is probably fine if you're not doing any raiding where haste doesn't matter as much. This is because of the abundance of crit already floating around on everything when upgrading, and haste being valued more. If you are sticking to 5 mans though, the cloak is probably a fine upgrade.

Definately suggest getting the Tier 10 shoulder first! to sum up this post and what everyone has said.

t10 helm and shoulder +t9 chest and gloves riptide totem, probably they best set bonuses you can ask for for 5mans
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

10+ Year Old Account

First T10, 2 or 4 set items, depends on what u heal (5man, raids, etc.) Then Cloak/Trinket, what ur worst item is

I'll be honest, if your gear is around T9 level, and you're ONLY running dungeons, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. When I had to decide which to replace, I just compared my items against the frost items (using EquipCompare and RatingBuster) and chose the best upgrade for me. I ended up getting the belt because I'm one of those weird shamans who can't stand using non-mail items.

If you're not going to raid, mnyeh is pretty much right - you're not going to notice much of a difference in heroics. You're already way overgeared in T9 anyway. But the T10 2pc set bonus is amazingly nice. Definitely try to get that.

If you want an extra challenge and fun, heal heroics as elemental. Most people are overgeared so the healing needed is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhasa
    If you're not going to raid, mnyeh is pretty much right - you're not going to notice much of a difference in heroics. You're already way overgeared in T9 anyway. But the T10 2pc set bonus is amazingly nice. Definitely try to get that.

If you want an extra challenge and fun, heal heroics as elemental. Most people are overgeared so the healing needed is minimal.
    If only you could get earth shield as elemental...

/drools

Well, actually you kinda can. At least for the first charges of earth shield. While in resto, put ES on the tank, then switch to elemental. The ES stays on the tank until the charges run out. ;D