Thread: Cloak help

Cloak help

Hello, I currently have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49491 and was wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51332 would be an upgrade? I believe it would be, but I was having a debate about it with another ele shaman and he says it is not. Thanks for any help.

Re: Cloak help

I think (my opinion here, don't take my word for General And Global Truth©) it depends on how well you're geared.

It's been a big debate here about how crit is getting better and better as your gear improves and as you get haste. Currently, some shamans (hi Finnober) value crit as better than haste, when you get to astronomic values of haste (let's say 1300+ raid buffed). And that increasing your crit will get you more damage on the long run, especially if you have the anub25 trinket, heroic or not.

My opinion (remember, still not Truth©) is that you'll maybe gain a very bit of dps (thanks to the +sp/+haste you'd benefit), as I believe the stats you'd gain are worth losing what you'd lose (err a bit weird sentence, sorry, english is still not my mother language).

That makes sense to me, and sadly I do not have the 25 anub trinket because it refuses to drop for my guild. We have literally(no exaggeration here) seen it drop once since the beginning of ToC and I was not in the raid that week... As for my gear, its decent, im pushing roughly 850 haste unbuffed since i dont have DFO either...I have horrible trinket luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Amana
    I think (my opinion here, don't take my word for General And Global Truth©) it depends on how well you're geared.

It's been a big debate here about how crit is getting better and better as your gear improves and as you get haste. Currently, some shamans (hi Finnober) value crit as better than haste, when you get to astronomic values of haste (let's say 1300+ raid buffed). And that increasing your crit will get you more damage on the long run, especially if you have the anub25 trinket, heroic or not.

My opinion (remember, still not Truth©) is that you'll maybe gain a very bit of dps (thanks to the +sp/+haste you'd benefit), as I believe the stats you'd gain are worth losing what you'd lose (err a bit weird sentence, sorry, english is still not my mother language).
    If this is true. The SP on the ilvl 264 cloak is still much better then the crit you lose (i think ).

If you are only sitting aroun d 850 haste, the increase in haste alone would actually almost make it worth it, since haste is worth around double that of crit at your haste levels. The extra spell power def puts it over. If you want to be sure though, a sim for where your stats are currently at is always a good bet.

keep them both! use the wrathfull one for arena and pvp though, (because of the resilience) and use the onyxia one for pve raids and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Suggardaddy
    keep them both! use the wrathfull one for arena and pvp though, (because of the resilience) and use the onyxia one for pve raids and stuff
    This was strictly a PVE question. I do not PVP on my shaman. Phricktion, is there a specific one Ele shamans should use like Enh or just use rawr? I have yet to use a sim before.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsheart
    This was strictly a PVE question. I do not PVP on my shaman. Phricktion, is there a specific one Ele shamans should use like Enh or just use rawr? I have yet to use a sim before.
    I'm not sure how good the Rawr.Ele model is, but I would still give Rawr a shot before Enhsim. Default configs for Enhsim are full out enhancement, finding everything that needs fixing will take some time. Honestly Elemental doesn't really require simulation, an appropriately written spreadsheet would be fine, but I am unaware of where such a thing may exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.