Looking for any tips

Hey guys,
    Just looking for any tips that could up my DPS some. Here's my armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aker&cn=Yuuhub

For a rotation, I open with serpent, chimera, aimed, steady spam til chimera's up again. I refresh serpent when I'm at my max possible AP with procs and such. Rapid shot and Berserking happen at the beginning of a fight (not at the same time) so I can use them again later. I use ArmPen elixirs and food in raid.

I usually pull between 8-9k but I feel like I could/should be doing more. I dunno, maybe I'm delusional. Any help you guys have would be awesome!!!!

Re: Looking for any tips

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuhub
    Hey guys,
    Just looking for any tips that could up my DPS some. Here's my armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aker&cn=Yuuhub

For a rotation, I open with serpent, chimera, aimed, steady spam til chimera's up again. I refresh serpent when I'm at my max possible AP with procs and such. Rapid shot and Berserking happen at the beginning of a fight (not at the same time) so I can use them again later. I use ArmPen elixirs and food in raid.

I usually pull between 8-9k but I feel like I could/should be doing more. I dunno, maybe I'm delusional. Any help you guys have would be awesome!!!!
    Ok, first things first and this may be hard to stomach; it looks very much like you gemmed ArP to early. While increased amounts are useful it is strongly advised to wait until between 800-900 passive arp from gear before making the move. This has to do with the way ArP works, where each point closer to the cap is more powerful than the one before it. So, that said, it may end up better to stick with Agi until better gear becomes available but this is not a problem for the same reason I mentioned already. Agi compares very favorably to arp until a certain watershed point determined by your overall stats. This means that the regem to Agi might actually end up being more of a dps gain than gemming ArP. Along with that if you drop gemming ArP then using food/elixirs is no longer needed and you can use feast/+40agi food and endless rage.

To wrap it up gear-wise the bonus granted by 2 piece tier 9, 'serpent sting can crit', is a seriously large dps boost for MM as we have likely the most damaging sting to begin with along with high levels of crit and an ability, chimera shot, which will lock in the crit chance of any given sting which means you can abuse it for damn near 100% crit chance, best case scenario, for the whole fight by refreshing SS during a favorable spread of procs.

I also see you are Engineering but use +24 crit on boots. Plenty of current fights require precise movement and having the speed boost can result in higher dps if taken account for. Quite a few hunters endorse even the +stats/movement enchant compared to the +agi so the engy speed boost is something to consider.

Talent wise you are over the hitcap with 3/3 Focused Aim. I see 6.68 hit from gear which makes even 2 points over cap and means you should seriously consider hitting 7% from gems/enchants/whatever to make only 1/3 FA viable.

Regarding rotation it should work out to Chim/Aimed/4x Steady->repeat once the initial Serpent Sting/Hunters Mark/MD is taken care of and of course with the caveat that Kill Shot becomes top dog once it is available. Rapid Fire and Berserking should be used together for maximum effect. Consider that haste is really only effecting auto-shot and that stacking each available haste buff allows for more shots in the same window of time. Maximize your DPS by popping RF/Bers/CoTW at the same time after Chim/Aimed and then immediately using Readiness to give another round of shots followed by RF once the first one wears off. Depending on fight this may be accompanied by Speed Pots or Bloodlust; that is discretionary and based off the raid and your best judgement.

I see you mentioned refreshing SS when your AP is highest through buffs. To be blunt this is basically worthless. The AP coefficient of serpent sting is recalculated on each Chimera Shot which means that absolute best case scenario you get the AP damage increase for 10 seconds. Compared to firing another steady shot with that GCD it just isn't worth it.

What is worth it however is refreshing SS when you have buffs that increase the %damage dealt, such as Exploit Weakness (the 2pT10 bonus), Cull the Herd, Arcane Empowerment, whatever the Ret version is, or encounter specific buffs like Blood Queen or Thaddius as any of these is preserved by Chimera Shot. If you are using 2pT9 for the Serpent Sting crit bonus then any buff that improves crit, either through straight crit rating or through agility will be preserved by Chimera Shot and in essence 'rolled' or preserved throughout the rest of the fight as long as Serpent Sting isn't allowed to expire.

You're right, the regemming thing is hard to stomach lol, but maybe i should give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the tip about serpent sting btw, I had always read that the chimera refresh keeps the AP the same, but hey, you learn something new everyday =D. I'll chock the hit thing up to being oblivious, I probably got a piece of gear and frogot to respec. Thanks a bunch for all the help!

BTW, the +24 crit to boots is the eng chant. Most of the eng chants have two parts, fun and stat. The back one is parachute and AGI/SP, boots are super fast fun time and 24 crit.

You're right, the regemming thing is hard to stomach lol, but maybe i should give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the tip about serpent sting btw, I had always read that the chimera refresh keeps the AP the same, but hey, you learn something new everyday =D. I'll chock the hit thing up to being oblivious, I probably got a piece of gear and frogot to respec. Thanks a bunch for all the help!

BTW, the +24 crit to boots is the eng chant. Most of the eng chants have two parts, fun and stat. The back one is parachute and AGI/SP, boots are super fast fun time and 24 crit.
    Well damn about the engy boots enchant. Like you said learn something new every day; I coulda swore I saw some other text on boots relating to the engy enchant but obviously I'm just nuts.

Before you regem at least check out your setup with http://femaledwarf.com/ and the hunter spreadsheet here:http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t30710-w...s_spreadsheet/. While they are not perfect and model off of ideal situations they at least provide a general indication how a drastic change will end up for you.

Ya actually I went straight to female dwarf and did the gem change. Ideally my dps went from 10796.6 to 10808.49. Now I don't know about you, but I don't think its worth all the gold to regem for for a 100 dps increase =\ I am gonna respec tho to fix the hit talent.

HAHAH, just ran another scenario. Put it back to ArmPen gems, but switched one point from Focused Aim into Improved barrage, went up to 10831.

HAHAH, just ran another scenario. Put it back to ArmPen gems, but switched one point from Focused Aim into Improved barrage, went up to 10831.
    Nice! Like I said, its all dependent on everything, not just raw ArP, and both sources are idealized versions of real world scenarios, but no I would not regem for just a 100dps upgrade. Some people would and judge even just spreadsheet improvements as worthwhile but unless you personally are going for the ultimate hard mode raids and bleeding edge progression it just makes more sense to stay as you are and upgrade accordingly.

Hope it all helps. Also remember that raid debuffs are damn important for MM to work out. Having Sunder/FF or other minor armor debuff/Mangle or warrior bleed debuff/and Earth and Moon or Curse of Elements are all serious contributors to your overall dps. Also having, in best case situations and given raid comp, a might/kings/AND wisdom effect along with JoW and replenishment to keep you out of viper.

haha, ya. I have to constantly yell at pallys for someone to judge wisdom!!! Pisses my shit off when I have to switch to viper when it's so easily fixed by someone else =P

All the info Morai gave was spot on, and well presented. Would be nice to have that in an stickied FAQ.

One thing I would add, regarding your gemming.

You like me see a small difference between Agility and ArP gems. According to the spreadsheet. However this models off a Patchwerk type fight, of which there is not a great deal. ArP stacking suffers a lot more from movement than agility does. Because of the lost Steady Shots and Autoshots. Now if your are very comfortable with stutterstepping. Then the loss can be minimized to only lost steadys. But this still acounts for a great deal of lost DPS with the ArP stacking. Its something to keep in mind when you are deciding which gems to use.

If you are into Min/Maxing and pushing yourself to the limit regem to agility, until you hit 800 passive. This is the general rule of thumb and accounts for lost DPS due to movement to a certain degree.

TLR ArP vs Agility is not accuratly modeled by FD or Spreadsheet. Agility suffers less from movement.

Ya I hear ya man. I'm not in a hardcore guild anymore (college sucks) so making sure I'm absolutely at my highest DPS isn't a big deal to me anymore. I was realing hoping I was just doing something wrong and my DPS would go up a lot =) Not a "time to dump a shit ton of gold" fix like a total gem over haul lol.

your glyph needs to be looked at
    probably should get killshot glyph or chimera glyph

just ran it thru femaledwarf (I'm really starting to fall in love with that shit!), and you're rightglyph of kill shot is slightly better.