Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Healers, how do you find a specific player quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot
    I've never had a problem just scanning down the debuffs for the one that wasn't there just a moment ago, even in 25man. I'm sure the various healing add-ons make nice crutches, but after years of WoW, and hundreds of wipes followed by someone saying "Sorry, my healing addon messed up during that" or "sorry, my healing addon is out of date and I'm not used to doing it this way" I'm gonna have to say it's probably for the best if you just get good at doing it correctly.
    hundreds? really? folks this is what i call bullshit. read it and get an idea of what not to do next time you feel like posting.

Vuhdo ftw, i used to use healbot which i loved for a long time, tried grid but didn't like it. Finally found vuhdo and its easily the best raid frame add out there, can pretty much do it all. And for lord jaraxxus it will mark the person with insinerate flesh on that persons health bar so its very easy to know who to heal!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    hundreds? really? folks this is what i call bullshit. read it and get an idea of what not to do next time you feel like posting.
    if someone has played for "a number of years" as the person you quoted stated, how is it unimaginable that that person has had 100's of wipes?
    lets say for example 1 week of raiding mite have...i dunno 3nights planned per week.
    If they wipe twice per night, thats 6wipes.
    If they raid 40weeks per year (allowing for holidays etc) thats 240wipes per year.
    Lets assume this person has been playing for 3 years... 720wipes in total.
    This doesnt include progression (probably multiple wipes per night).
    And imo, wipes occur because of a) random bug b)someone fked up (i.e. healer not used to new ui, as was stated)
    So dont go callin BS when its not.

I use Grid + Mouseover macros on my healers (got 3 at 80 and a fourth at 78). It is quick, simple and almost completely unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    if someone has played for "a number of years" as the person you quoted stated, how is it unimaginable that that person has had 100's of wipes?
    lets say for example 1 week of raiding mite have...i dunno 3nights planned per week.
    If they wipe twice per night, thats 6wipes.
    If they raid 40weeks per year (allowing for holidays etc) thats 240wipes per year.
    Lets assume this person has been playing for 3 years... 720wipes in total.
    This doesnt include progression (probably multiple wipes per night).
    And imo, wipes occur because of a) random bug b)someone fked up (i.e. healer not used to new ui, as was stated)
    So dont go callin BS when its not.
    read the post that i quoted. he claimed that he has wiped hundreds of times because of people's healing mods not working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    read the post that i quoted. he claimed that he has wiped hundreds of times because of people's healing mods not working correctly.
    Well not that you or i can actually prove that statement wrong/right.

To make the numbers a bit more realistic and include progression fights maybe an average of 4wipes per night?, tho i still this this is being kind (obviously depending on the guild, some guilds could wipe 10+ times per night)
    4wipes a night resuts in 1440 wipes over 3 years.
    In reality a few hundred (im thinking 200-300) wipes caused by healers mods stuffing up/not knowing the layout of new or updated mods is a relatively small % (17% using 250)....
    ofcourse these are random numbers and stats mean nothing in these terms.
    eg if i used the 10wipes per night guild then its a mere 0.6% over the course of 3years.
    All in all COULD be BS, but its certainly a possibilty thats healers mods/layouts have caused a few hundred wipes.
    And also obviously im bored at work an jus playing with numbers to pass the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    Well not that you or i can actually prove that statement wrong/right.

To make the numbers a bit more realistic and include progression fights maybe an average of 4wipes per night?, tho i still this this is being kind (obviously depending on the guild, some guilds could wipe 10+ times per night)
    4wipes a night resuts in 1440 wipes over 3 years.
    In reality a few hundred (im thinking 200-300) wipes caused by healers mods stuffing up/not knowing the layout of new or updated mods is a relatively small % (17% using 250)....
    ofcourse these are random numbers and stats mean nothing in these terms.
    eg if i used the 10wipes per night guild then its a mere 0.6% over the course of 3years.
    All in all COULD be BS, but its certainly a possibilty thats healers mods/layouts have caused a few hundred wipes.
    And also obviously im bored at work an jus playing with numbers to pass the hours.
    Wipes due to add-ons not working is going to be significantly less than that because it should only be occurring after patches that change things and have a chance to break the add ons. Even if you want to assume that every minor patch could break add-ons (which isn't usually the case) you'd have a couple wipes every couple of weeks to months not a couple wipes a week every week.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Wipes due to add-ons not working is going to be significantly less than that because it should only be occurring after patches that change things and have a chance to break the add ons. Even if you want to assume that every minor patch could break add-ons (which isn't usually the case) you'd have a couple wipes every couple of weeks to months not a couple wipes a week every week.
    Reflecting on this i admit defeat, its true that addons should not and will not break every night, and in my haste to play with numbers i neglected this.
    Perhaps when those healers were saying "my addon stuffed up" in reality, THEY fked up but didnt want to admit it.
    Or the numbers were BS as originally stated.
    In either case....back to work i guess....for now

get GridStatusRaidDebuffs and GridStatusRaidDebuff_WotLK, wich automatically update all the WotLK's bosses abilities and make them show on your grid in the center icon.

i remember where everyone is and when someone gets it, it should not be that hard to find them, 40 player anyone :