Resto.Shaman Haste-Cap

Hi all,

is it right that the Softcap for Resto.Shamans at about 1260 Hasterating?
    The Hardcap is then: Softcap (~49%) + 5% from Wrath of Air Totem + 3% from Improved Moonkin aura = ~57% Haste ?

Re: Resto.Shaman Haste-Cap

Depends on what you call soft cap... If you mean Global cooldown, that caps on 50% haste.

Remember that haste is multiplicative. Meaning that if you have 49% (theoretical) gearhaste, you have 49+1,03*1,05~53%, not 57%.

If I remember correctly, you don't want to go above the 1s GCD hastecap as a restoshaman (because you use so many abilities on/close to the GCD). So 50%=1,05*1,03*GEARHASTE; GEARHASTE=50/(1,05*1,03)=46%

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Soft cap is getting your GCD (Global Cooldown) to 1 second. Your GCD can't get lower than 1 second (even with Lust/berserking/trinkets/T10 2pc/etc...). In practical use: say you had 1600 haste; your LHW might be .9 seconds, you would still have to wait .1 seconds to cast your next LHW due to GCD being caped at 1 second. (numbers are just for illustration)

Hard cap would be getting your longest spells (CH and HW) down to 1 second. This is unattainable so I wouldn't worry about it.

People usually add in WoA and boomkin/ret pally haste buff into their calculations since they expect it to be there in a raid. I believe its 1269, but I could be a little off.

Stacking haste beyond the soft cap isn't necessarily bad. It still reduces your longer casts (CH and HW).

Stacking haste is good, great, grand and wonderful, but remember you need to balance your stats. If you don't have the mana regen to back up chain spamming then you'll oom fast. Faster casts leads to more casts, which means more mana used.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che