login problem,got stuck on "success" >_<

Ok this is so **** wierd.
    1st, i just logged on this morning now i come back home and log on, and i got stuck on "success" If i click cancel, it would lead me to the page where u choose pvp/pve/rp severs. But above those it says development instead of US,Oceanic,etc. The realm list is empty btw.
    2nd, so i tried to log on my other account, it worked! WTF..........
    3rd, i called my friend and tell him to log on my account. He did it and got into the screen where u pick your char successfully.

This is so damn wierd...i need help...

PS:I have tried to use the wow that is in my external harddrive it didnt work. I then tried to reset my original wow and it didnt work.

Re: login problem,got stuck on "success" >_<

Server problem,you cant do anything.

BTW... past night was maintenance and sometimes it takes longer than normal on some servers.

the thing is: i can log on my other account just fine and my friend and log on my account, the one that i cant, just fine on his laptop.

Exit WoW, then navigate to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft (or wherever else you installed WoW). Open the WTF folder, you'll see a folder called Account and a file called Config.wtf. Rename that file to something else and start up WoW.

This'll recreate the file when you restart WoW, forcing it to load with the default settings for sound, video and realm info.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azhriaz
    Exit WoW, then navigate to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft (or wherever else you installed WoW). Open the WTF folder, you'll see a folder called Account and a file called Config.wtf. Rename that file to something else and start up WoW.

This'll recreate the file when you restart WoW, forcing it to load with the default settings for sound, video and realm info.
    He can log in other characters, so the config.wtf is likely not the issue. It's more likely a config file within the specific character's folder. Navigate to <WoW Install Folder>\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>\<Realm Name> and move the folder named after the character that you're having the trouble on. If that works, then you'll need to set up your character's UI again from scratch.

[edit: I work with linux too much... Windows uses backslashes.]

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dheu
    Ok this is so **** wierd.
    1st, i just logged on this morning now i come back home and log on, and i got stuck on "success" If i click cancel, it would lead me to the page where u choose pvp/pve/rp severs. But above those it says development instead of US,Oceanic,etc. The realm list is empty btw.
    2nd, so i tried to log on my other account, it worked! WTF..........
    3rd, i called my friend and tell him to log on my account. He did it and got into the screen where u pick your char successfully.

This is so damn wierd...i need help...

PS:I have tried to use the wow that is in my external harddrive it didnt work. I then tried to reset my original wow and it didnt work.
    Question. Do you have 2 battle.net accounts, or 1 account & both wow accounts are linked to it? Are you using the login server's accountlist to have 2 accounts saved to it?

It sounds like you may be experiencing a known issue:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...10861610&sid=1
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US