Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: AV imbalance from front page

The bridge is worse than the small hole between horde towers because if you get hit by a knockback effect on that bridge you're screwed.

OP, if you post on a public forum, you are going to get all sorts of replies. That's what the forum is here for. If you want to post your opinions without anyone commenting or disagreeing with you, start a blog you can moderate yourself.

On topic: Blizzard has collected data over 5 years on literally millions of AV matches across realm. If they say that it's fairly well balanced, I believe them. One player's experiences, even over months or years, is not a fair sample of every AV match.
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86

Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh
    Alterac Valley imbalance

We have discussed this numerous times. Based on the data we've collected over the years after all of the changes that have been made to Alterac Valley, "we simply do not agree that there are any glaring imbalances" in the map favoring one side over the other enough to easily sway a match one way or the other. (Source)
    Nice to see Blizz has finally come out and say AV is imbalanced. Sure it's not "glaring" and sure it won't "easily" sway a victory from one side to the other, but in a close game, there is a definite edge to the Alliance.

It's not so much the defendibility of the choke points, it's the fact you can get plonked with arrows as you cross the bridge (which is an issue if the opposition bottles you up there) and that NPC standing at the edge of the bridge often gets aggro and joins the battle. Nobody has ever been hit with an arrow from the Horde base towers since the inception of AV. I admit it's no big deal at overgeared lvl 80 but many a sub-80 battle is fought in AV and these imbalances have a noticeable impact there.

But it's always been that way, and obviously Blizz has no plans to change it, such is life.

Sorry buddy, your horde seems to suck. I play horde and don't really seem to lose more often than i win, at least not noticeably.

On my Server we have a saying. "If you want an easy time playing this game, bugs working in your favor, people handing you free shit, quick progression in raids. Roll Alliance. If you want a challenge, Roll Horde." That being said I have noticed its pretty balanced and shifts on time of day. For example, If you play between 6am server and 5pm server Horde will dominate most bg's and WG. After 5 though Alliance starts to kick our ass. I personally attribute this to little kids on Alliance who know how to play and kids on horde who don't. I play both sides on my server and AV is pretty damn balanced. Horde loves for example to bottle neck Alliance on that bridge and not a damn thing we can do to slip past them.