Thread: PVP talents :)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP talents :)

Yo, I was wondering about most efficient PVP spec for retris'. So paste or show here your PVP talents and tell why they are more efficient or so. I'll start PVP this week for real, most likely with mage or rogue. At about 650 ress at the moment.

So, talents please

THX

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PVP talents :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundix
    Yo, I was wondering about most efficient PVP spec for retris'. So paste or show here your PVP talents and tell why they are more efficient or so. I'll start PVP this week for real, most likely with mage or rogue. At about 650 ress at the moment.

So, talents please

THX
    The correct answer is 100% dependent on the Comp you are going to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    The correct answer is 100% dependent on the Comp you are going to run.
    Well I'm for sure gonna get mage or rogue. Just not sure which one yet. So maybe you can tell about both comps

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZVGzGrZVf0trhuGdIbsu

what about this spec? since i will use seal of command i wont use Seal of the pure talent?

comment.

The only thing that is somewhat usefull that you got out of the Prot tree with those 5 extra points is Divine Guardian.
    Even then people don't really expect a retridin to use this talent to save the day, that's mostly the healers or tanks job

Ontop of that you're still going to use SoV of SoCorr on most bosses in ICC so imho it's not a good trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorius
    The only thing that is somewhat usefull that you got out of the Prot tree with those 5 extra points is Divine Guardian.
    Even then people don't really expect a retridin to use this talent to save the day, that's mostly the healers or tanks job

Ontop of that you're still going to use SoV of SoCorr on most bosses in ICC so imho it's not a good trade off.
    Agreed, well this spec is only is for PVP only Just noticed that this spec works in PVP. great in my opinion

i dont know if command is better than SoR in pvp, and afik it breaks CC, btw 2h weapons specialization over cusade is fail

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZVGzGrZVf0trhuGdIbsu

what about this spec? since i will use seal of command i wont use Seal of the pure talent?

comment.
    Talent builds are 100% based on the team comp you are playing. If you are running Command I can only assume you play Ret/Arms because just about every other comp you will want 7/11/53
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed, well this spec is only is for PVP only Just noticed that this spec works in PVP. great in my opinion
    That spec should work pretty well in pvp, I would suggest moving a couple points around though, Take for instance eye for an eye. It really wont do much for you anymore especially with resilience reducing how much you get critically hit for in the first place, Your much better off getting 2 points in crusade for the +4% damage to humanoids etc. There is also the 2 points you have in toughness, the 4% armor is subpar to +2% healing done to you & by you.

Or if your not running with a druid you could move a point from toughness & 2 points from imp hammer to imp devo aura, the +6% healing to your team can help allot & the extra armor assuming your facing a melee cleave team will help keep squishy teammates alive.

Also btw Kayvas soc is great if your in a cleave team, sor burst is not what it used to be since resil change.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

Merged the two topics together for a better understanding.

Here are the 2 viable PvP Ret Paladin Talents (glyphs included):

Seal of Righteousness Build: (AKA Offensive Ret)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...E4Ri,day,11623

Seal of Command Build: (AKA Defensive Ret)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...dzQ7,tNY,11623

Please note in the SoC Build, 2 pts can be removed from Righteous Vengeance and put into 2/2 Vindication
    Also, glyphs can be swapped: Salvation can be exchanged for Judgement if you need a little more burst.

Both of these specs are the accepted builds as they fit well with our most common setups.

10+ Year Old Account

I run ret / rogue / resto shaman with the ret pvp spec thats on my armory now.

ToT + Wings + Bloodlust + MS on killtarget + Stunlocked Killtarget (cheap shot --> Kidney Shot --> HoJ - about 10-12 seconds of stun) = Dead. We nearly always train the healer first, unless its a holy pally which we just repent/blind/hex instead since we dont have a bubblebreaker.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    That spec should work pretty well in pvp, I would suggest moving a couple points around though, Take for instance eye for an eye. It really wont do much for you anymore especially with resilience reducing how much you get critically hit for in the first place, Your much better off getting 2 points in crusade for the +4% damage to humanoids etc. There is also the 2 points you have in toughness, the 4% armor is subpar to +2% healing done to you & by you.

Or if your not running with a druid you could move a point from toughness & 2 points from imp hammer to imp devo aura, the +6% healing to your team can help allot & the extra armor assuming your facing a melee cleave team will help keep squishy teammates alive.

Also btw Kayvas soc is great if your in a cleave team, sor burst is not what it used to be since resil change.
    Yep will do man, thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn
    Here are the 2 viable PvP Ret Paladin Talents (glyphs included):

Seal of Righteousness Build: (AKA Offensive Ret)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...E4Ri,day,11623

Seal of Command Build: (AKA Defensive Ret)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...dzQ7,tNY,11623

Please note in the SoC Build, 2 pts can be removed from Righteous Vengeance and put into 2/2 Vindication
    Also, glyphs can be swapped: Salvation can be exchanged for Judgement if you need a little more burst.

Both of these specs are the accepted builds as they fit well with our most common setups.
    2 nice trees. Nice, thanks. And by that talent tree I linked. It works much better than previous one. Damage is quite nice + I can survive much longer now. Really does it job!

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn

ToT + Wings + Bloodlust + MS on killtarget + Stunlocked Killtarget (cheap shot --> Kidney Shot --> HoJ - about 10-12 seconds of stun) = Dead. We nearly always train the healer first, unless its a holy pally which we just repent/blind/hex instead since we dont have a bubblebreaker.
    Wrote your tacts, guess you must be high rated with that setup + tacts
    I found myself a warrior, arms warrior for 2v2. I think it could do good job since mine and warriors damage is kinda insane, burst I mean. Maybe CC isnt that good. but still, we can almost nuke any healers down. Even can get paladins down to bubble in 2 secs

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn

The zerg might work until you get to high brackets. However, if I ever see another paladin wings at the beginning its like a free kill. The entire reason I'm not focused at the start is because no one wants blow their cds only for me to bubble.

Also, unless I was on a serious 5s team, I would never take Seal of Command. That build just doesn't really cut it as far as burst is concerned, and frankly, without an ms, interrupt, or gap closer we only have our burst. If you think you do well right now, then I'd switch to the offensive build. Repentance and Blind break on hit, so why would you take SoC to begin with with your team? From your tactics, you seem to be all about the burst at the beginning anyway, and I guarantee the Seal of Righteous is better for that.

Wrote your tacts, guess you must be high rated with that setup + tacts
    I found myself a warrior, arms warrior for 2v2. I think it could do good job since mine and warriors damage is kinda insane, burst I mean. Maybe CC isnt that good. but still, we can almost nuke any healers down. Even can get paladins down to bubble in 2 secs
    In 2s, with double dps, you are probably going to have to play a little more defensively than you would in 3s or 5s. Don't be afraid to stop and offheal the warrior when he gets focused. Throw sacred shield on him or yourself, whoever is being targeted. Cleanse the cc from yourself and the warrior. Learn to Hand of Freedom him, Hand of Sacrifice, and even Hand of Protection him if he really needs it. It will take some practice, but double dps is way more fun than healer/dps. Your games usually dont last 15-20 minutes.

For addons I suggest you download Decursive, Gladius, and a good UI. These 3 can help a lot, especially Decursive.

Dustin, you helped me actually alot Got me alot of thinking. About healer/dps team, I dont like it, rather play fast arenas, nuke nuke and nuke. Just not sure what is the best class that will fit with me at 2v2. Got rogue/mage/warrior on my mind now, even tho warlock may not be that bad I guess. Not sure really.

I'm actually not that IMBA geared, I take about 5.3k GS in PVP gear. Here is the link

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zak&cn=Thundix

So try to tell what to switch/swap, whatever...about 2nd trinket, that FoS thingy, dont really know which one to have instead of that. I can still use mirror of truth, or another battlemaster. Just, reply and tell what I can improve man.

Thanks mate

Last time I checked PVP hit cap was 5% and 164 hit rating. It wouldn't hurt to go over it a bit.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ile371
    Last time I checked PVP hit cap was 5% and 164 hit rating. It wouldn't hurt to go over it a bit.
    up to 11% against some spec/class/race, its kinda annoying
    running 6-7% is the best because you really dont want to waste judgement on a miss (your mana will get low very fast)

Your armory isn't bad. Before anything I would suggest reading this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...et-pvp-169951/

The debate may answer some questions for you.

So, if I were in your position my first goal would be to get all of the available Wrathful Offpieces in this order:

-Wrathful back with hit on it
    -Wrathful ring
    -Wrathful neck with hit
    -Wrathful boots
    -Wrathful belt and Wrathful bracers (order is arbitrary)

You need about 160 or so hit rating to be capped for Arena. Your exalted Ashen Verdict ring (get exalted, the proc is AMAZING), and the Wrathful Neck and Wrathful Back. These 3 will put you at about 170-180 hit rating, which keeps you capped and then some. As stated in the few posts after mine, it sucks when you miss with anything really, but missing judgements will oom you fast (also you don't get mana return from judgements unless you damage someone, so be aware that if a priest has a shield on, you won't get mana back).

Enchants
    They all look perfect with the exception of your chest. I would go for +10 to stats because it is a well rounded enchant. You can go for Icewalker on your boots if you feel you need the crit/hit, otherwise, keep the 32 Attack Power you have now.

Gemming
    Red Socket - 20 str red gem
    Yellow Socket w/ bonus under 6str = 20str red gem, though many go 10str 10crit orange gem here and I can live with that.
    Yellow Socket w/ bonus 6str or greater = 10str 10crit orange gem
    Blue Socket - 10str 15stam purple gem

Gear
    Go full PVP gear. I dont know what trinkets you have access to, but dps trinkets are what you want here. Don't go for the Anvil PVP trinket, it isnt that great. The Battlemaster's Trinket you have is good. For your other one, I'd probably go with the Mirror of Truth unless you have better PVE trinkets.

Your weapon is fine for now. Oxheart is a bit better once you get the PVP offpieces and hitcap yourself that way. Ideally youll get a Shadows Edge, Bryntroll, or the PVP weapons. Once you get at least full Furious gear and full Wrathful offpieces a good weapon should be your next target.

Buy the Retribution Frost Emblem Libram. It is better than any other Libram you can use for PVP.

2v2 Comp

I play with my brother, a Frost Mage. I like playing 2s with casters because I can Hand of Protection them and they can keep attacking. If you play with a melee class that blessing becomes drastically less powerful.

You could do well with an Affliction Warlock, Frost or Arcane Mage, Hunter, and Arms Warrior. These all are pretty good comps, though no comp is without their counters. I'm sure people play other comps and can make it work, but these are the easier ones I can think of off the top of my head.

3v3 Comp

I would recommend finding either a Marksman Hunter or Arms Warrior for your other dps, and a healer. My personal preference is a Druid because your CC doesn't share DRs with them or a Shaman (same reason + they have Heroism/Bloodlust). Again, those are the easier comps for a new person

5v5 Comp

I don't really do this seriously, so I'm not the person to ask.

Hopefully this has helped you find a bit more direction. Good luck. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

***Edited for Accuracy