paladin tank arena

hi. I wanted to try the paladin tank in arena (3v3 with dudu / Hunter) I always played as a retry. play as a tank is similar or strategies are completely different? any help I can be helpful so please also leave your experiences, tips or whatever it may be helpful. thanks

Re: paladin tank arena

Quote Originally Posted by Bacca
    hi. I wanted to try the paladin tank in arena (3v3 with dudu / Hunter) I always played as a retry. play as a tank is similar or strategies are completely different? any help I can be helpful so please also leave your experiences, tips or whatever it may be helpful. thanks
    Go holy, take a enh shaman instead of dudu. = win

I do play Protret in Arena together with Resto and Arms warrior.

since the hunter does the most damage now. Making space for your hunter to do whatever he wants is extremely important. Freedom and Cleanse!

and since u got 30 sec CD on stun (Hammer of Justice) and 30 CD Silence/big nuke (avenger shield, glyphed)
    u can make a devastating kill combo on a healer once every 30 sec.

sometimes it can even be worth splitting up, so my warrior (hunter in your team) keeps pumping out mortal strikes on a warlock while i harass the healer as much a posible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle
    I do play Protret in Arena together with Resto and Arms warrior.

since the hunter does the most damage now. Making space for your hunter to do whatever he wants is extremely important. Freedom and Cleanse!

and since u got 30 sec CD on stun (Hammer of Justice) and 30 CD Silence/big nuke (avenger shield, glyphed)
    u can make a devastating kill combo on a healer once every 30 sec.

sometimes it can even be worth splitting up, so my warrior (hunter in your team) keeps pumping out mortal strikes on a warlock while i harass the healer as much a posible.
    ok thx .. mmm what aura is used? i saw that devotion aura is not talented in spec.. and what bless? king or sanctuary?

I would say Sanc for you and kings for the rest. I say this 'cause sanc will provide you with more survivability through more stam and a 3% dmg reduction, and increase your ap/sp through the 10% strength increase, as well as some mana regen, which is our weak point.

I just love when army gets released on me, they can't touch me but my mana bar gets back to full in no time, and then i can see the fear in those pixelated dk eyes.

Deleted

Well, for me it seems prot pala pvp is very weak. True, they can take massive amounts of damage.

I have pwned prot pala/mui prep rogue once with my retri pala friend (I'm resto Druid, 1217 resi)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    Well, for me it seems prot pala pvp is very weak. True, they can take massive amounts of damage.

I have pwned prot pala/mui prep rogue once with my retri pala friend (I'm resto Druid, 1217 resi)
    True it can be weak against some team setups but sadly pret is much more viable in high end arena then retribution is due to the fact it has much more survivability then ret while at the same time having a great deal more offensive utility & not much of a loss to its burst.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Lol WTF is a dudu?? One more letter and you could have spelt Druid =P.

Anyways, IMO it's no where close to playing like ret. You're there as a dmg sponge basically. Time you stun carefully And make sure to AS at the perfect moment. I usually like to use it when a caster/healer is at about 35-40% hp hoping my partner and I will kill the target in those three seconds. Another big focus is on your partners (the other dps) survivability. Just because you might have a healer doesn't mean he's the only one worry about the teams health and mobility. I actually use healbot in arena for a quick click (everything else is pretty much keybinded). You'll need to keep cleanses on your hunter, HoF when he's snared so he can keep kiting his target, and don't for about your bubble. Always let your teammate know when you're about to bubble him so he can click it off as soon as he's healed up, sometimes in the heat of action with spells flying everywhere he might not even notice it's on. HoP can be he different between a win and a loss against melée opponents.

To sum it up, you'll do decent dmg but you need to focus almost as much attention on you hunter as you do you're opponent. It's a really fun spec IMO and when you get used to it you'll have a kick ass time playing it.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Sanc is also your blessing for mana. With a melee beating on you, you'll gain quite a bit of mana