Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: is darkmoon card:greatness still viable?

What I don't get is how what is essentially a passive 190 strength could stop being viable. I think a lot of you guys sometimes confuse "viable" with "ideal." Yes, Greatness is still 100% viable. It's no longer better than the top tier of trinkets, but it is still a worthy alternative if those are unavailable.

In b4 someone saying its utterly crap due to its low gearscore.

Deleted

I sure as hell hope/think so. ^^ I recently sold 3 Greatness cards (Intelligence, Strength, Agility) for 4k each, that was with ICC already released and the first four bosses being farmable by PuGs. So I guess at least until Cataclysm hits they will remain viable.
    The only problem that might occur would be the stupid ass gearscore but who relies solely on this and doesn't know jack shit about the Greatness trinkets is not a raid leader I'd wanna raid with anyway.

BiS [Deathbringer's Will] 105s 28% Procs 700 Str/Crit/Haste. Equal chance per proc. Mutually exclusive with [Deathbringer's Will].
    BiS [Death's Verdict] 45s 33% Horde Version: [Death's Choice].
    2nd [Deathbringer's Will] 105s 28% Procs 600 Str/Crit/Haste. Equal chance per proc. Mutually exclusive with [Deathbringer's Will].
    3rd [Whispering Fanged Skull] 45s 33% Mutually exclusive with [Whispering Fanged Skull].
    4th [Death's Verdict] 45s 33% Horde Version: [Death's Choice].
    5th [Whispering Fanged Skull] 45s 33% Mutually exclusive with [Whispering Fanged Skull].
    6th [Mark of Supremacy] 120s 17% Ranking assumes all hit is used.
    7th [Blood of the Old God] 45s 15% Ranking assumes all hit is used.
    8th [Herkuml War Token] 0s 96% Uptime based on five minutes of continuous combat. Ramp-up time of ~25 seconds.
    9th [Tiny Abomination in a Jar] 0s N/A Ranking assumes all hit is used. Mutually exclusive with [Tiny Abomination in a Jar].
    10th [Pyrite Infuser] 45s 15% Assumes all hit is used.
    11nd [Tiny Abomination in a Jar] 0s N/A Ranking assumes all hit is used. Mutually exclusive with [Tiny Abomination in a Jar]
    12th [Darkmoon Card: Greatness] 45s 33% N/A.
    13th [Comet's Trail] 45s 20% N/A.
    14th [Grim Toll] 45s 20% Ranking assumes all hit is of use. Surpasses [Comet's Trail] in end of TotC/beginning ICC gear.
    15th [Mjolnir Runestone] 45s 20% Surpasses [Comet's Trail] in end of TotC/beginning ICC gear.
    16th [Dark Matter] 45s 20% N/A.
    17th [Needle-Encrusted Scorpion] 45s 15% Surpasses [Dark Matter] in end of TotC/beginning of ICC gear.

Yes its accurate :P. Numbers are the internal cool downs and proc chance.
    Much love Rivellana

consider that 5 of those are only better IF ALL HIT IS USED
    and 4 are redundant copies in lesser format

if you are hit capped to softcap than greatness goes up from 12 to 7th just from knocking hit trinks down
    meaning only DbW/DC(V)/and WFS and arguably HWT are better, which we're stated before.

the DbW/DC(v)/WFS is indisputable. the HWT, considering ramp up time and potential fall offs of buff is debatable. yes a maxed HWT>DMC:G but overall you're probably getting better bang from the DMC:G since you arn't dealing which poor ramp up and the buff falling off due to fight mechanics
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

DMC:Greatness is still a very good trinket. I've found that the uptime on Greatness pretty much stays at a constant 30-33% uptime no matter the fight. I reviewed last nights icc10 heroic run-through and on each fight (H Saurfang, Normal Putricide, H Blood Princes), and no matter if I was standing still or constantly moving I saw an uptime of 30%+.

I'm in 4pc Sanctified with numerous 25H pieces and I'm still rockin Greatness until a HDV/DBW drops.