Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Ways to Make Gold

Hello,

I'm one of those players who can't seem to ever make enough gold. I've been trying for months upon months and I can't seem to ever have more than about 1000G. Right now I think I have about 600G, and at my highest point I had 5KG, but that was for my epic mount. That was also when I first hit 80 and never really needed to buy anything and wasn't in a raiding guild or anything.

Now, I'm in some of the best ICC raiding gear (5.7K GS), I'm in one of the top 5 raiding guilds for my server, and just about everyone in my guild has a very nice, healthy amount of gold of about 10K-30KG. I ask them over and over and all they say is either farm hardcore or learn to work the AH.

I downloaded AuctionLite, which is similar to all the other AH addons, and have been using that for a few weeks now. I used to just buy and sell, and have about 5KG worth of auctions up on the AH as we speak... but they won't sell. I can't buy anything now because I'm broke. I USED to farm about 10 dailies a day making a few hundred gold but that didn't last long because I hated wasting time out in some zone for an hour or so when I could be playing the game. I also used to farm mining materials for several hours on-end each day (or when I could, atleast) and I always made about 300G+ off the Saronite Bars.

What I'm trying to get to here, is, if you have any really good ways of making gold, please share. Like I said, I've tried just about everything. I use some of the best addons for the AH, but can't buy and resell because I don't have any gold! I also used to farm dailies and professions, only making about 400G per day. I want to be that person known for having 20KG with all BoE Epics and the mechano-hog and 20KG mammoth, but I can't. Any help?

- Arkadios

Re: Best Ways to Make Gold

It is either do dailies, play the AH, or farm mats. Yes it is a long process to farm mats and dailies, but it is more steady than the AH. You can always farm honor/badges and buy gems and sell them on the AH. Other than that I do not have any more advice. I bought my mammoth about 5 months ago and I love it, but it did take some time to get. Anyways good luck.

it don't sell ?
    just sell at the AH at the minimum price.
    people buy the cheapest.
    be this one.

noone even with this ?
    well means the object is bad, or it's not the good moment. you need to wait some days.
    don't sell the weekend ; there are lots of people at this time, so more cobject, and cheaper prices.

people buy big stacks.
    if what you sell is stackable, then sell it by the biggest stacks
    and use the same price as initial and immediate order. as we need only one click to buy it
    even if you're not the cheapest if there are tons of things without stacks, and you add a stack a bit more expensive, people will buy yours. cause it's easier to buy a stack of 20 xxx than 20 objects.

you don't like farming ? i don't like it as well.

so use your profession.
    buy form AH, transform it into somthing usefull (enchant, potion, gems...), then sell it
    people who farm all mats always thinks it's cheaper for then, but that's not always true. farming = time, time = money. buying at the AH cost no time.
    neither forget that time is money.
    it's usual that poor people don't understand that.
    they farm farm farm. then sell (at the bad time). and don't make lot's of money.

giving service is not always a good idea ; if you take 10 golds on a service at dalaran, after waiting 15mn without dooing anyting to have a customer, then i don't think it was an good operation.

i make money to have the right of not being carefull of what i buy when i need to buy something
    when i buy something i will buy something easy to buy. i don't care for 2 more golds if i need only 1 click to buy it, and 5 to buy the cheaper one. the price is not all, the package count, as in real life.

Jewelcrafting. Buy raw gems, cut to best selling gems. Sell.
    Also keep your skill posted in /2 and cut gems for 10g (or whatever the usual charge is on your server).
    While you level jewelcrafting, keep an eye on the AH which gems sell best on your server (usual SP, AP, STR and STA) so you can decide which patterns to buy first.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Jewelcrafting. Buy raw gems, cut to best selling gems. Sell.
    Also keep your skill posted in /2 and cut gems for 10g (or whatever the usual charge is on your server).
    While you level jewelcrafting, keep an eye on the AH which gems sell best on your server (usual SP, AP, STR and STA) so you can decide which patterns to buy first.
    Doesn't it cost like 5k to get Jewelcrafting to max in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Yes because people ignore the fact that you could actually level a profession...regularly. Also 5k only on certain servers. It depends on the economy.
    Cheapest is ~1g (less) for pick axe and jewel crafting tools - then only time. (I know time is money, but if you don't have money, you have to spend the time)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

So you don't have the patience to do dailies?
    Dailies are part of the game, and if you don't want to do them, fine. But saying "wasted time that could be spent playing the game". Eh? WoW has already killed off 90% of the grind from vanilla et c, but the time where you can "log on just for raids" have not come just yet.

And just because you download an auctioneering-addon doesn't mean you become wealthy overnight. Remember that you don't sell things to the CPU, but, rather to real people. They will have to want to buy what you sell. Suply and demand et c.
    Remember that you're not alone with that addon, it's not a freeticket to 90k gold, because, then everyone would have 90k gold, which is improbable, because no one would be buying, so nothing would be sold.

And seriously, if anyone had a golden cow, would you really think they would give it up? Honestly?

I've been playing the AH since vanilla. I can guarantee you that I was one of the first to do so on my realm, and that gave me a healthy headstart, as well as an understanding of it.
    But you cannot teach people what to farm/sell, as all realms have unique economies. What passes as a real bargain on one realm is an outrageous price on another (on one of my realms, both mithril and thorium bar x20 costs 140~g and sells for it. On my other, they sell for 19g/stack. Judgement glyph being 44g on one, 90s on another).
    Nowadays though, there are so many people playing the AH, that you have to have a lot of gold to use as deposit, or being an exceptionally skilled person at doing it.

But it all comes down to patience. I don't think you have it, else you wouldn't be posting about it on a forum.
    Good luck.

Nothing comes free, nor should it. Then everyone would've done it. Duh.

10+ Year Old Account

Depending on your class, go tank/heal heroics, get badges for gems, sell said gems for way under market price en masse. Or go AOE down large groups of 80 mobs in the Valley of Fallen Heroes or Onslaught Harbor if you are able to tank with DPS gear on. More than enough to keep at an even level to afford new enchants etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    Nothing comes free, nor should it. Then everyone would've done it. Duh.
    Issue being where does the gold to train it come from if you have none to start with.

I do all the dailies on the Argent tournament and a daily dungeon every day and get about 250-300g per day.

I've never ever "farmed" and I have about 35k. Just know that EVERYTHING can be sold. At this point only thing you should be spending your stuff on is either enchanting mats/gems, flasks, and repair which all can be kinda costly but doing your 25 dailies will give your approx 300g but where you get most of the money is doing the dailies not the daily itself. All those eternals and cloth you pick up, save those and they can turn into big and fast gold. even when doinmg your fshing daily, selling the fish you get form them will easily give you 30g. I can say I dont make alot of gold fast and is based on saving things then sellling them all. (also keep any enchanting mat. Better off keeping them and using them for yourself than selling them) But as much as you should be spending, the amount you gain, I easily get about 40k gold in about 2 months w/o "trying".
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Issue being where does the gold to train it come from if you have none to start with.
    Dailies and your other professions.
    Or you know, pick up mining and do both at the same time.
    And earn money on the way, instead of spending.

Because, if YOU think about leveling your profession through the AH, so does 2 000 other people.
    Then, if you have a profession which can gather materials used to supply Jewelcrafting, which apparantly demands 5000g worth of investments, you can earn 4 000g per person wanting to level it, if they buy from you.

That's another thing to note. What costs a lot of money for you, will cost the same amount of money for everyone else. Be the one they buy from. It's simple, really.

And sorry if I sound condescending, that's not my intent.

Hey,

I use to have the same problem man I could never make any gold and I was/am still a hardcore raider use to be where I would have no more then 2-3k gold and would stay there or less. I don't pvp so what I do is use WG weeklys and badges of triumph u get from doing dalies for frost badges towards gems. I have soem random guildie cut some gems for me and i sell them on ah at the end of a week i usually have around 10 gems or so on my server gems range from 150-210g (sometimes higher or lower) im now up to 17k gold and rising and am able to buy flask and hold repairs. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    Dailies and your other professions.
    Or you know, pick up mining and do both at the same time.
    And earn money on the way, instead of spending.

Because, if YOU think about leveling your profession through the AH, so does 2 000 other people.
    Then, if you have a profession which can gather materials used to supply Jewelcrafting, which apparantly demands 5000g worth of investments, you can earn 4 000g per person wanting to level it, if they buy from you.

That's another thing to note. What costs a lot of money for you, will cost the same amount of money for everyone else. Be the one they buy from. It's simple, really.

And sorry if I sound condescending, that's not my intent.
    I already have mining maxxed (mining/smithing). A good 3-4 hours of farming on it nets me ~100g. Not that I have time to farm. Or time to do dailies. Or hell, time to do anything but raid, anymore.

Didn't see this mentioned and it should be an obvious one but I always see people not do it, pick up every gray you come across in dungeons or while doing dailies, they don't seem like much but when I was farming for Jeeves on my Hunter and Priest I made upwards 300g in vendor trash in the half hour or so I was farming for the pattern.

For me though Alchemy(Transmute spec), Tailoring, and JC makes me most of my money. Buying a stack of Scarlet rubies and Eternal fires for transmuting and either sell them uncut or cut and still get double what I put in to make the gem is always nice.

Though I've never seen much of a need for more than 2-5k gold at any one time personally, it gives me enough money to pay for repairs from raiding, to buy flasks and potions, and practically most everything else I need for the week. More would be nice as I'm working towards the 100 mount achieve but I'll get that when I get it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

not true.
    some days ago i check an old char in another realm, were i have not golds.
    he's lv63. awfull gear.
    his harvest profession is no good in this realm (in my main realm, it's the opposite...)
    he had no money, only 2 golds left at a moment.

but i buy him a flying mount in 3 days. without any farming. and with less than 1 hour ingame.
    how ?
    i check my bank.
    you must have something valuable with you, but don't know it is.
    i found on the bank some low level composants, and blue low stuff. and they sell really well.
    i also found out when wanting to buy greens at the AH that in that realm there at way to expensive. but man, when you quest you also found greens that you can't use. i sell them for a lot of money.

if you don't have money you can make some quickly if you know how to do it. just think.

Jewelcrafting.

1 Primordial saronite = 1500g
    10 Primordial saronite = 15000g

got it ?

Quote Originally Posted by raiden55
    not true.
    some days ago i check an old char in another realm, were i have not golds.
    he's lv63. awfull gear.
    his harvest profession is no good in this realm (in my main realm, it's the opposite...)
    he had no money, only 2 golds left at a moment.

but i buy him a flying mount in 3 days. without any farming. and with less than 1 hour ingame.
    how ?
    i check my bank.
    you must have something valuable with you, but don't know it is.
    i found on the bank some low level composants, and blue low stuff. and they sell really well.
    i also found out when wanting to buy greens at the AH that in that realm there at way to expensive. but man, when you quest you also found greens that you can't use. i sell them for a lot of money.

if you don't have money you can make some quickly if you know how to do it. just think.
    My bank is filled with nothing but old tier sets. Can't even vendor those.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    1 Primordial saronite = 1500g
    10 Primordial saronite = 15000g

got it ?
    Actually, on my server, it's 2500g per.