Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    easiest would be the 3 points in subversion and one point in SoB.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of things happened since the last time i wrote here but i still need some help.

First of all this is my tank: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tlands&cn=Aiur

Not much to say about my gear... hoping for a HC Ramaladni or Oxheart, collecting frosts to get the T10 Head at which time i will see where i'll go next (Pillars of Might in my bags).
    What i'd like to know is:
    1. Is my gearing/geming ok? Anything you would change about it?
    2. Second is my spec ok? Should i drop DRW or not? And should i get RuneTap or not?
    3. I've been Frost in heroics and for trash because it's so easy to get and hold AoE threat as Frost. I have to change to Blood because i need a head start on Cata and to get acustomed with Blood AoE. Any hints for that?
    Thank you all, in advance, for your answers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr View Post
    What i'd like to know is:
    1. Is my gearing/geming ok? Anything you would change about it?
    2. Second is my spec ok? Should i drop DRW or not? And should i get RuneTap or not?
    3. I've been Frost in heroics and for trash because it's so easy to get and hold AoE threat as Frost. I have to change to Blood because i need a head start on Cata and to get acustomed with Blood AoE. Any hints for that?
    Thank you all, in advance, for your answers.
    You have a lot of expertise, though that will thankfully go down once you replace that old helm. I would change your purple exp/sta gem into dodge/sta since you don't need the expertise. Also, I would change the enchant no your cloak to +225 armor. Other than that I can't find a lot wrong with your gear. Your neck is obsolete but I'm guessing you already know that.

For your spec, yeah I would definitely drop DRW. I know some players have reported that it's a good snap aggro tool but I have never used it and my snap aggro is just fine. E.g. on Saurfang HM, when I'm MTing, I'm minimum 300k ahead of the top dps in threat by the time the OT taunts the first time. Instead I would suggest devote some points to Rune Tap and Imp Rune Tap. It's very good for progression raids and I find myself using it repeatedly in almost every HM fight that we do. Even if your healers are on the ball, it's a useful tool to have. I would replace the glyph of dark command but that's more my personal preference. DKs have DG which is a a nice secondary taunting tool in case dark command misses and all my time tanking, I have not had a real need for it. Sometimes I wished I could have it but I see glyph of rune strike as much more important.

I haven't had the benefit to play in the Cata beta but as I understand, AoE will be a lot simpler in Cata contrast to what it has been during Wrath and I've understood that it's close to as convenient as frost is today, which ofc it should be. The whole blood aoe in Wrath was a failed experiment imo.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2010-09-28 at 01:19 PM. Reason: minor editing and typo fixes

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the people who said that are playing another beta. AoE tanking on beta is currently pretty much the same as on live. With a slightly stronger DnD and BB and half the disease damage from pestilence spreads. Morbidity also no longer reduces DnD's cd, but you can glyph it's duration to up to 15 seconds.

BTT: Your gear is fine. The only real issue would be the cloak enchant (as Dannyl said).
    Your spec is also okay. DRW is pretty much a floater. Put it wherever you like. Personally I prefer DRW for fun's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your answers! Re-gemmed and re-enchanted and now i have to find the nerves to re-spec Blood for AoE. But i think it's gonna take some time... I really, really hate Blood's AoE. It takes 2-3 seconds to get everything gathered and you never have those seconds(i know on my lock i don't give those seconds ). Oh well!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

For 90% of the people that can pull off me in heroics, I don't have to worry about the mob killing them. 2pc and GoDnD are usually more than enough to hold threat. I do tank with about half dps gear but even just DnD is enough to hold threat most of the time.

In raids, I just do the normal rotation and don't really worry about it, the other tanks can hold a few mobs so no dps die.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.