Need help building a computer. plz read.

Hey guys, I was looking to purchase a new computer for around $950 (us) and was looking for a good setup to get. I have been playing WOW for a while on my macbook lap top its about 2 and half years old and it only runs about 2 to 8 FPS in raids... really terrible I know. I am only going to be using this computer for WOW only, I don't need a monitor, mouse, or keyboard. Also I am going to need your suggestions of a website to build it for me since none of my pals really want to take a chance in putting it together for me. I have heard cyberpowerpc.com is okay but I would like to get some other input from people that have a little more knowledge then me about this sort of thing.

Once again this is going to be strictly for WOW pretty much since I will still be using my MACbook for work and email and all that crap. I would ideally like the computer to allow me to run upwards 40 FPS, I would really like alot more but I am putting a budget on myself so I don't go crazy with this thing (60 FPS and up). I have been out of the computer game so long that I its all just mumbojumbo to me now. If you can offer your 2 cents and help me out that would be great and thanks for reading.

TY

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Need help building a computer. plz read.

Any of the 87 other "what should I get" threads would answer your question. In general, Intel Core i5 750, 4GB DDR3, Radeon 5770.

I prefer ibuypower.com but cyberpower is just as good.

An intel build with:
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Confi...s.aspx?mid=461
    -core i5 750 cpu
    -ati 5770 video card
    -500GB sata drive
    -DVD burner
    -MSI mobo
    -4GB of RAM
    -Corsair 650TX PSU
    comes to just under $1,000 without an operating system and monitor.

An AMD equivalent build would cost you just over $900.
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Confi...s.aspx?mid=422
    Only differences would be:
    -AMD Phenom II x2 965 Black Edition CPU
    -Gigabyte motherboard

I would personally go with Intel because of turbo boost, you can choose to disable cores you are not using and as a trade-off, you get to increase the clock speed on the other cores used. But, you can't go wrong with either one of those 2 builds, if you want to save 100 bucks, go with AMD. Either one of those 2 builds will give you the performance you are looking for.

The links I posted are just the links to the builds I have configured, they are probably not going to show up with the price and specs that I have mentioned earlier in this post.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

so you think

-core i5 750 cpu
    -ati 5770 video card
    -500GB sata drive
    -DVD burner
    -MSI mobo
    -4GB of RAM
    -Corsair 650TX PSU

With the price tag and everything will give me my moneys worth and what I am looking for in performance?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi
    so you think

-core i5 750 cpu
    -ati 5770 video card
    -500GB sata drive
    -DVD burner
    -MSI mobo
    -4GB of RAM
    -Corsair 650TX PSU

With the price tag and everything will give me my moneys worth and what I am looking for in performance?
    That setup will perform very well both in and out of WoW.

The i5 750 has plenty of room to be overclocked, if you are thinking about going that route. It's factory clock speed is 2.66GHz, but it can easily be taken to 3-3.2GHz without any hassle if you have a decent heatsink (not the junk one that Intel supplies).

The 5770 is plenty of graphic card for WoW and will perform decently in other games.

The Corsair 650TX is a solid power supply. It has plenty of wattage and a strong single 12V rail.

This has essentially been the recent "cookie cutter" build, as it's the best performance per dollar at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi
    so you think

-core i5 750 cpu
    -ati 5770 video card
    -500GB sata drive
    -DVD burner
    -MSI mobo
    -4GB of RAM
    -Corsair 650TX PSU

Yep, it definitely will. That is currently the best bang for the buck that Intel has to offer. As far as the graphics card goes, that is the best bang for the buck on the market and that PSU is a really good investment in case you decide to upgrade your system in a few years.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Thank you guys for the help its greatly appreciated gave me the sort of advice and stuff I was looking for. Now ordering this puppy. ;D