Protection advice needed asap

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Azraelius

This is an alt.Much more than that, this is my alts offspec.But my guild runs like 5 ten mans and 3 of them have downed LK and others on sind. They asked this character to step in and OT tomorrow and I dont give this spec any attention at all,so im not confident i have it in order.I need some serious critiquing guys. I need spec check,gear and enchant check,glyphs,just anything you see that is obviously wrong i want to get fixed before tomorrow please.

One thing im not sure about is tank weapon i have a 251 ilvl agility one hander dps weapon(bone wardens splitter) ive been told would be better than my 232 with tank stats.Also i have no idea about my trinkets... i have brewfest ones sitting in bank,black heart,eltrigs oath,some others.Another thing is that i could switch my AV rep ring for tanking as well...... Just help guys i can take the criticism

Re: Protection advice needed asap

I disagree, Pursuit of justice is not that important, i much rather save those 2 points and get tuskar vitality, which adds stam ans a 7% speed increase to boots.

heres my prefered build http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...Yb,Hrf3e,11623

Also the point in benediction is a complete waste, if you are tanking whatever it is in a raid, mana starvation ain't an issue, also 2 points in improved judgement will not break your 969 rotation, but it might provide you some extra versatility if you are forced out of it.

I would say the enchants have a bit more to do with your play style, remember, dodge does not become less useful in ICC it becomes more useful, but harder to acquire.With 40k unbuffed you are more than ready to make your way through 10 man or OT 25. Since your hit is low though glyph of righteous defense is a good idea with all the switching around between tank.

so, for shoulders, i personally think either one of the enchants will work for you.

cloak, again a choice between a bit more mitigation, or agi, which provides dodge/avoidance, crit/threat armor /mitigation, which also gets affected by kings. Same thing for hands, agi, or stam, the threat and parry from armsman, are really minimal. Belt yup, agi / stam FTW.

Last thing like Mahi says, you might wanna consider a different trinket instead of the Ony one, though i do like that trinket, since it gives you a shitload of defence and parry, which lets you play around more freely with your other gems and chants.

think thats all the advice i can offer, though i got to say this reflects the way i prefer to play more than anything else

edit. forgot to add link to spec

I would never take Glyph of Righteous Defense. Go Glyph of Judgement or Glyph of Hand of Salvation. The former is at least a small threat increase whereas you have two taunts that already almost never miss by themselves, let alone used one after another (in case one does miss). Hand of Salvation, while it ruins your threat, is a decent survivability cooldown, and less situational than Glyph of Righteous Defense actually saving your taunt.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin
    I would never take Glyph of Righteous Defense. Go Glyph of Judgement or Glyph of Hand of Salvation. The former is at least a small threat increase whereas you have two taunts that already almost never miss by themselves, let alone used one after another (in case one does miss). Hand of Salvation, while it ruins your threat, is a decent survivability cooldown, and less situational than Glyph of Righteous Defense actually saving your taunt.
    i ran VoA10 today. just ice and fire like usual. i had a total of 3 missed abilities on toravon, 2 from HoR and 1 from judgement. another 2 from each on trash. i have 155 hit and no glyph. i am seriously considering retaking the glyph over the salvation glyph i use, because i rarely use Salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm
    I disagree, Pursuit of justice is not that important,
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    As for PoJ, you take it because you're moving on the majority of ICC fights. Only a small amount of movement time is required to justify a dps increase over 2 points in conviction. Math is fairly straightforward.

Two percent crit is a 1% threat increase, this is very linear and easy to map.

PoJ is harder to model, but we start by saying it reduces our "movement time" to 85% of normal for a given fights. The value of runspeed is thereafter found by the amount of time spent running in a fight.

Tank A is PoJ spec'd.
    All other talent choices remain standard.

Tank B isn't PoJ spec'd. His threat can be said to be 101% that of tank A's.

Time spent running will be averaged over the course of the fight. It is given as a percentage of the total fight time.

So, for example, a fight with 20% time spent running (80.8% "Patchwerk" or non-movement tps) would only be 20*.85 = 17% time spent running for a PoJ tank (83% "Patchwerk" tps). Determining when PoJ is better relies on finding the breaking point in run time. It's a system of equations which is simple highschool math.

Equation 1: (1 - TSR*0.85)100 = % "Patchwerk" tps for PoJ spec
    Equation 2: (1 - TSR)101 = % "Patchwerk" tps for non-PoJ spec

Set equations equal to one another:
    (1 - TSR*0.85)100 = (1 - TSR)101

Solve for TSR (time spent running):
    (1 - TSR*0.85)100 = (1 - TSR)101
    1 - TSR*0.85 = (1 - TSR)1.01
    0.99009 - 0.84158*TSR = 1 - TSR
    0.00991 = 0.15842*TSR
    TSR = 0.00991/0.15842
    TSR = 0.0625

Time spent running is 6.25% of the fight. That's a trivial number and basically translates to "any fight with movement, period" in average Joe terms.

Current movement fights include:
    Marrowgar
    Deathwhisper
    Gunship
    Rotface
    Putricide
    Blood Princes
    Blood Queen

So, 7/9 fights it's worth it.

EDIT: This analysis doesn't include tangential benefits like "getting out of the fire faster" and "being in range for a taunt when you really need to". But the fact that any movement is justification enough to take the talent more or less eliminates the need for anecdotal evidence.
    Additionally, you can take PoJ and enchant your boots for 22 stam. This is both an increase in health and threat.

So, i can see how your math is correct.

But you haven't considered Tuskar vitality. True enough you "loose" 7 stam, but pretty much gain 2 points to move to conviction, and gain half the speed increase, besides no boss can disarm, which makes the other part of the talent trivial. Now if you are thinking of pvp, there are other options as well.

Now getting that 2nd point in imp. judgement, only adds versatility, nothing else, but is better than a talent that brings nothing to the table, like benediction, unless that proves to be too much of a benefit on heroics, but this is not the case.

We all know, there are certain moments, when we could use that particular ranged attack come off cd a bit sooner, again, this has nothing to do with threat but utility. In any case, if there is a lack of a ret paly in the raid, then 1 point in imp might could be desirable as well, to max out buffing.

You could also argue that a bit more crit increases your dps, since tps is not an issue really, and that helps your raid as well. since every little bit adds, specially on progression content, also the crit scales as your gear does, while the speed remains the same, and this applies to haste effects too, where the speed increase doesn't.

But all this falls in the realm of personal preference. This is the way i think, not an absolute, please remember that.

regarding the glyph of righteous defense, it was only suggested because he is a bit low on the hit rating, nothing else, or at least that was my thought.

But you haven't considered Tuskar vitality.
    True, but this is because it isn't worth consideration for several reasons.

1) It's smaller than and doesn't stack with PoJ.
    2) It's a loss of health for a "situational" gain in threat.

I say situational because there's still a threshold in which PoJ wins. That number is still pretty low. Updating the calculation gives us:

Equation 1: (1 - TSR*0.93)100 = % "Patchwerk" tps for PoJ spec, 22 stam on boots
    Equation 2: (1 - TSR)101 = % "Patchwerk" tps for non-PoJ spec, tuskarr's on boots

(93% is the runspeed difference of the two, 107/115)

Set equations equal to one another:
    (1 - TSR*0.93)100 = (1 - TSR)101

Solve for Time Spent Running
    (1 - TSR*0.93)100 = (1 - TSR)101
    1 - TSR*0.93 = (1 - TSR)1.01
    0.99009 - 0.92079*TSR = 1 - TSR
    0.00991 = 0.0792079*TSR
    TSR = 0.00991/0.0792079
    TSR = 0.125

12.5% which is double our original number and that's to be expected.

But all this falls in the realm of personal preference.
    Yes, but I prefer a talent build that's higher threat and stam for the following fights:
    Marrowgar
    Deathwhisper
    Gunship
    Rotface
    Putricide
    Blood Princes
    Dreamwalker
    Sindragosa
    Lich King.

That's 9/12 of the total Icecrown fights and, honestly, all the hard ones except Blood Queen. Threat Isn't at all an issue on 2/3 of the fights where PoJ looses (Saurfang, Festergut). 2/2 PoJ is a clear winner here, it's a "judgment call" I'm willing to make.

Then we agree to disagree.

off topic, this is the first time in a while, where i've seen a thread maintain civility, tks for that.

My point is that the threat gain of PoJ is marginal with our current lvls of it, but the dps increase is not, since it is more tangible, same reason why i go for some agi enchants over stam ones, in my personal gearing, i just find them more useful, feasibly 80 more hp will not make or break my healers, but a bit more dps will lower the time it takes to down an encounter, effectively helping my healers.

It's a pretty subjective matter though.

My question is, would the threat of PoJ over Tuskar make a difference on your overall threat?, not theoretically, but in practice. Your dps increase would, and as you gear up it would be more noticeable.

But you do need to admit, the majority of time you aren't gaining any threat.

We are talking about values of a few percent of your total threat. But that doesn't mean suboptimal choices become acceptable just because the effect isn't that large.

Going with PoJ is your best bet, like everyone ahs stated above by taking these points you are able to gain an additional amount of stam by using the +22 stam enchant to your boots over Tuskarr's Vitality. Another thing, moving any additional points into conviction is a terrible idea because it is seen as our lowest threat ability overall, going for about 50 TPS. You are better off picking up Seal of Command to proceed further down into the Ret tree, this is extremly useful in fights that deal with adds heavily (dreamwalker,deathwhisper, P2 and P4 of LK,etc). I back this information up with......................http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c..............BAM

Don't get me wrong, i see your point, i just happen to think that amount of threat is marginal, and won't change the way i play, whilst the increase in dps will help my raid more, nothing else.

Btw no news form the OP, oh well...

Don't get me wrong, i see your point, i just happen to think that amount of threat is marginal, and won't change the way i play, whilst the increase in dps will help my raid more, nothing else.

Btw no news form the OP, oh well...
    The TPS you gain from being faster, where you need to be also comes by increasing your DPS -.- or where do you think your tps comes from? And increased movementspeed has more benefits, than just increasing your TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin
    Glyph of Judgement is just terrible !_!
    After having run into taunt problems in the last few weeks in situations, where it nearly caused a wipe (Deathbringer Heroic, Lich King P1, Festergut, Toravon, Putricide) I'd really consider using it.