Thread: boomkin advice

boomkin advice

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...own&cn=Whatdat

ok im just looking for some advice on what i could do to help my dps.
    Also i have Merlins robe,and Shoulders of the fateful accord... just not sure if equiping them is worth losing the set bonus.
    any ideas or thoughts would be appriciated.

Re: boomkin advice

--gear/gemming--
    Your 20 int gems are bad for boomkins almost every stat is better, also any gems without SP on them at all are basically useless you are over the soft haste cap so a 20 haste gem like the one in your belt should be replaced with 12sp/(10haste|or|10crit) your choice although u are a bit low on crit. Try to get teir 10 pieces asap dont spend frost badges on offspec gear the t10 2 piece is A LOT better than either t9 set bonus and the t10 4 piece is the only thing that helps boomkins stay competitive in raid dps.

--spec--
    Moonglow is a terible talent for boomkin if you go oom or even have to inervate yourself, which you shouldn't EVER put points in Intensity. take all 3 points out of moonglow though put 1 in genisis 2 in improved moonfire, both are better for direct damage upgrades. also i would take 2 points out of gale winds, just not that worth it imo, and spend them instead 1 in owlkin frenzy and 1 in finishing off improved insect swarm. could almost drop typhoon for another point in owlkin frenzy too unless you use it a lot in raids its very situational dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzi
    Moonglow is a terible talent for boomkin if you go oom or even have to inervate yourself, which you shouldn't EVER put points in Intensity. take all 3 points out of moonglow though put 1 in genisis 2 in improved moonfire, both are better for direct damage upgrades.
    If he is going OOM without Moonglow then Genesis and IMF are the best talents to swap out for regen as they have the least impact on DPS. Taking points out of higher tier talents to put into Intensity would be a much worse option.

also i would take 2 points out of gale winds, just not that worth it imo, and spend them instead 1 in owlkin frenzy and 1 in finishing off improved insect swarm. could almost drop typhoon for another point in owlkin frenzy too unless you use it a lot in raids its very situational dps.
    This I agree with. Personally I keep Typhoon in my boomkin spec as there are very few fights I use it for, but Saurfang is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Change your meta. You want Chaotic Skyflare Diamond. Your blue gem in your chest should be either Purified or Runed. I don't know how "good" spirit is for balance though, but it comes down to if the socket bonus is worth it. Also, put +81 sp on your staff. Black Magic is only good/comparable to +63 sp if you were using a MH/OH combo.

the only 3 gems you should be using are - other than the chaotic meta

runed cardinal ruby - 23sp for red gem
    reckless ametrine - 12sp, 10crit, orange - for yellow slot
    purified dreadstone - 12sp, 10spirit, purple - for blue slot.

And only for the bonus', if they are viable choices. When in doubt, 23sp is best gem, no quest, over bonus'

tuskarr's vitality is the best for feet, as there are a lot of movement fights in ICC.

as far as what everyone else has said as far as spec, I'd drop gale winds, top off IIS, and put one point into owlkin. The other choice possibility is dropping typhoon for 1 more point in owlkin for 2/3 there. It has a lot of use in ICC fights as there is a lot of raid damage that procs it. I was running 10.5k last night on BQL and that's without getting bit, at least until the 2nd whirl, and no BL at that point either.

Thanks guys. That was exactly the type info I was looking for. Also any thoughts on the gear i mentioned. I already have it just not equipped because of the 4pc. set bonus. How good a bonus is it ?
    Also i dont understand about socket bonus. Are you saying I can put a Red gem in a blue slot if i dont care about the socket bonus. Sorry bout dumb questions but i have never heard that. and thanks again

After you putted 2 purified dreadstone in slots with best bonuses go for runed in every blue socket, unless you have 8 sp or more as bonus in the remaining blue ones.

Deleted

I really suggest you read the moonkin guide that's stickied here the first page alone gives you a lot of information which you could seriously use gems / spec etc... replace you're helm with the tier piece and you could swap the shoulders or chest otherwise don't bother ... it's full 232 though so 'd suggest replacing that asap with either 245 or 251 from frost you wont see big DPS in your gear to be honest and without changing the horrible gem choices you wont see any improvement. But yeh if you can get your hands on the helm of t9 you could use merlins robe altho the t9 chest is class even if it is 232 so I'd say the shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by dadshillnut
    Thanks guys. That was exactly the type info I was looking for. Also any thoughts on the gear i mentioned. I already have it just not equipped because of the 4pc. set bonus. How good a bonus is it ?
    Also i dont understand about socket bonus. Are you saying I can put a Red gem in a blue slot if i dont care about the socket bonus. Sorry bout dumb questions but i have never heard that. and thanks again
    The set bonus is great until you can grab two pieces of t10. Go for the t10 shoulders and gloves(easiest to get, and best itemized) when you get enough badges for both.

As for socket bonuses, it's +7spellpower(or higher) that you want to go after. Seeing you have plenty of haste, place Potent Ametrines in them(+Spellpower/+Crit) for the socket bonus. If there is no +7 spellpower for the socket bonus on a certain piece of gear you're gemming, place Runed Cardinal Rubies in all of them.

I would replace that enchant on your weapon with +81 spellpower. You have enough haste as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Palamedic
    The set bonus is great until you can grab two pieces of t10. Go for the t10 shoulders and gloves(easiest to get, and best itemized) when you get enough badges for both.

As for socket bonuses, it's +7spellpower(or higher) that you want to go after. Seeing you have plenty of haste, place Potent Ametrines in them(+Spellpower/+Crit) for the socket bonus. If there is no +7 spellpower for the socket bonus on a certain piece of gear you're gemming, place Runed Cardinal Rubies in all of them.

I would replace that enchant on your weapon with +81 spellpower. You have enough haste as it is.
    it is a DPS increase if the socket bonus is 5 spellpower or higher (basically any SP socket bonus in the game). The rest of your post is correct.

15+ Year Old Account

Purified dreadstone if +7sp bonus for blue sockets only, runed cardinal if less than that
    Potent Ametrines in yellow (bonus is always worth it on caster gear)
    Runed cardinal in red
    Oh, hi.