Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What class requires the most keybindings?

1. Hunter.
    2. Shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Registered just so I can post this:

I would say, PvPing on my Shaman and Warrior, I often get the feeling I wanna break something... cuz the GCD only lets you do so much.

I have abilities and totems and whatnot bound too every button thats easily accessible (spelling?).

Warrior has a bit more macros then the Shaman but I use:

1 -9 + Q, E, R, V, X, N, C, F, G, Y (not really useing the abilites past 5 of the numericals tbh^^).

Shift+1, Shift+2, Shift+3, Shift+4

Shift+V, Shift+N, Shift+F

Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, Ctrl+4

So lets say 26 approx... but then again thats for PvP. PvE-wise as an Elemental... well... let me chuckle

personally, i began having problems to get all the spells i needed on my hotkeys when i started playing my warrior as a tank. there's so much stuff you'll hardly ever use, but if you do have to use it, it needs to happen fast. same thing with arms in pvp. fury in PVE on the other hand, the fury warrior might be the class/spec i've played, that requires the least amount of keybinds.

i also play frost tank DK and eleshaman. from a frost tank point of view, i can't really say that i need that much keybinds (compared to warrior tank or arms in pvp). and about those totems... in pve you don't need to keybind any totems and in pvp i don't think it's such a big deal... grounding, tremor, earthbind... cleansing maybe... that's about it.

holy pally imo

probably shaman though
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravage
    The other day I was playing my DK again since a long while, and specced him into Frost tanking.

[...]

For the record, Ill try to sum up the Frost DK buttons:

Blood Presence
    Frost Presence
    Unholy Presence
    Horn of Winter
    Icy Touch
    Plague Strike
    Death Grip
    Dark Command (something like that)
    Death and Decay
    Howling Blast
    Frost Strike
    Rune Strike
    Blood Fury (Orc)
    Trinket 1
    Trinket 2
    Pestilence
    Empower Rune Weapon
    Anti-Magic Shell
    Blood Strike
    Death Strike
    Mind Freeze
    Strangulate
    Blood Boil
    Chains of Ice
    Obliterate
    Icebound Fortitude
    Blood Tap
    Summon Ghoul (in combination with)
    Death Pact
    Death Coil
    Unbreakable Armor
    Army of the Dead
    Raise Ally
    And possibly:
    Death Chill
    Lichborne
    Hungering Cold
    just re-read your list there... do you really keybind all that stuff?

Blood Presence, Frost Presence, Unholy Presence, Empower Rune Weapon, Blood Tap, Summon Ghoul, Death Pact, Army of the Dead, Raise Ally, Death Strike... you don't need any of those on a hotkey. especially the presences, what's that all about? stance dancing DK while tanking? are you trying to make the class look more difficult than it really is (i'm not saying it's faceroll, it's definetly not... but come on)?

Death Chill, Lichborne, Hungering Cold... you shouldn't even spec into these as a frost tank.

Rune Strike should be macroed, so there's no need for a separate hotkey. you could also macro the trinkets and racials, but it surely depends on what trinkets and racials you have, so it's not really about the class requiring keybinds.

PvE or PvP?

In pvp, every skill and macro should be keybound if you want to survive in arena.

In pve, depends. Usuall the list goes heal > tank > dps.

@OP: you dont need to list every single ability your class has here to make it sound more complicated. Presences, raise ally, blah blah blah!?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

having 6 80s and 1 70 that I raided with in BC and numerous other lower level alts.... eh I would probably say rogue for pvp (only got a rogue up to around 42 but they have so many options even at that level) and enhancement shaman/healing priest for pve.

I'm going by how many skills you'll have on the bar that you'll actually use, not how many you can possibly fit on your bars just FYI.
    Count Off! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1!

Hunter. On top of our overwhelming number of situational abilities, we also have all of pet commands and abilities that need to be bound. Here's a list of my current binds:

Steady Shot
    Chimera Shot
    Aimed Shot
    iWin Macro (castsequence containing Rapid Fire, Readiness, etc)
    Arcane Shot
    Kill Shot
    Multi Shot
    /petattack
    /petpassive
    Cower
    Pet Macro (Mend, Raise, Call)
    Hunter's Mark
    Deterrence
    Concussive Shot
    Master's Call
    Feign Death
    Tranq Shot
    Flare
    Distracting Shot
    Freezing Trap
    Freezing Arrow
    Explosive Trap (could add Immolation Trap but I do not bind that anymore)
    Snake Trap
    Misdirect Macro (@focus; also use clique to bind it to middle click on a frame for on the fly MD's)
    Serpent Sting
    Viper Sting
    Scorpid Sting
    Disengage
    Aspect of the Dragonhawk
    Aspect of the Viper
    Aspect of the Cheetah
    Aspect of the Pack (could add Beast and Wild aspect but I do not have those bound atm)
    Scare Beast
    Wing Clip + Raptor Strike Macro
    Mongoose Bite + Raptor Strike Macro
    Volley
    Tracking Macro (castsequence from humanoids to hidden)
    IHML Add-on macro (changes based on current conditions; defaults to PvP trinket)
    Assist macro

Silencing Shot and Kill Command are macro'd to my damaging shots. Trinkets, Call of the Wild, Blood Fury macro'd to the iWin button. Trueshot Aura is cast using SmartBuff add-on.

That's 39 binds that I consider mandatory, 2 of which (the last 2) are not class specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana1899
    just re-read your list there... do you really keybind all that stuff?

Blood Presence, Frost Presence, Unholy Presence, Empower Rune Weapon, Blood Tap, Summon Ghoul, Death Pact, Army of the Dead, Raise Ally, Death Strike... you don't need any of those on a hotkey. especially the presences, what's that all about? stance dancing DK while tanking? are you trying to make the class look more difficult than it really is (i'm not saying it's faceroll, it's definetly not... but come on)?

Death Chill, Lichborne, Hungering Cold... you shouldn't even spec into these as a frost tank.

Rune Strike should be macroed, so there's no need for a separate hotkey. you could also macro the trinkets and racials, but it surely depends on what trinkets and racials you have, so it's not really about the class requiring keybinds.
    Like I said, DC, LB and HC are only possible. I dont have them myself, other frost tanks do though.

As for presences, they're mostly keybound due to my DPS spec. A DPS switching to Frost Presence in a split second is a lifesaver sometimes. Unholy a bit more situational, but sometimes its needed. As for ERW, BT, Summon Ghoul + Death Pact and Death Strike... They are all vital abilities to keybind. ERW for if all your runes on CD and you absolutely need threat, BT for the same reason, Summon Ghoul + Death Pact, 40% health? Dude, that's amazing! And Death Strike is for heroics mostly. Ive survived my share of mobpacks by Death Striking if a healer died. Army of the Dead doesnt absolutely need a keybind, true, but its still handy. If theres a boss where you have to wait 6 seconds for an AoE ability to stop, you need to be able to use it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana1899
    personally, i began having problems to get all the spells i needed on my hotkeys when i started playing my warrior as a tank. there's so much stuff you'll hardly ever use, but if you do have to use it, it needs to happen fast. same thing with arms in pvp. fury in PVE on the other hand, the fury warrior might be the class/spec i've played, that requires the least amount of keybinds.

i also play frost tank DK and eleshaman. from a frost tank point of view, i can't really say that i need that much keybinds (compared to warrior tank or arms in pvp). and about those totems... in pve you don't need to keybind any totems and in pvp i don't think it's such a big deal... grounding, tremor, earthbind... cleansing maybe... that's about it.
    If you run with a Demo Lock you will have your totems keybinded for when your DLO proccs along with the Ashen Verdict ring.

Melee range and Magma is really nice, Searing if you cant stay in melee. Fire Elemental when everything proccs is wicked!

PvP-wise you forgot Stoneclaw... you aint PvP:in as Shaman without it.

Since it protects you even though you remove it you want that Tremor up REAL fast after the Stoneclaw^^
    Then suddenly you have a Warrior on you... Need that Stoneclaw up again and Earthbind even faster... ofc the Warrior then fears you instead
    Totemuseage, purges and windshears is of utmost importance as Shaman. Use the totems a whole lot in PvP.

Meh, you only need to bind essencial keys which most classes it resumes to about.. 10?, the rest you can easly click unless you are really slow with the mouse, takes a bit of practice but if you get used to click aside from bindings (and have a decent UI for it) you can reduce the amount of keybinds you have and keep the same speed due to GCD.

But class with most bindings hmm, i play a shaman and by far has the most of all the classes i've played, although with totem changes its a lot less now really, a full bar and thats it
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

I haven't played a hunter, nor a shaman but I could assume, the top 3 would be those + good paladins, as for DK's.. they aren't too bad.

i'm playing as a pally healer, and i got more macros than with my DK as dps and tank =x
    every kind of heling macro, bop macro, buffs etc...

Good anything will have a majority of their keys bound.

Deleted

i have to say hunter since compared to my paladins keybindings,
    well put it like this

playing with hunter pvp = 40keybindings+macros = stressing,

playing with paladin pvp = 10-15+1 macro = fun
    :P

Arcane mage by far has the most key bindings

1...2...3... 4?

Hmm, well for my Feral Druid I use (this is basically everything I use for raiding)
    Shift+W = Prowl
    C = Ravage
    Ctrl+C = Pounce*
    Shift+C = Faerie Fire
    F = Mangle
    Shift+F = Shred
    Ctrl+F = Haste Potion
    V = Rake
    Shift+V = Rip
    Shift+G = Savage Roar
    G = Ferocious Bite
    Shift+D = Feral Charge
    Shift+A = Dash
    4th Mouse Button = AutoWalk <3
    5th Mouse Button = Trinket
    Shift+ 5th MB = Berserk
    Shift+4th MB = Tiger's Fury
    Shift+S = Swipe
    Ctrl+G = Maim*
    Ctrl+W = Innervate
    Ctrl+A = Battle Rez
    Ctrl+E = Shadowmeld **
    Ctrl+D = Barkskin**
    Ctrl+S = Lifeblood**
    * I alternate between these for PvP
    ** = Just in Case...

So that brings me up to 24 Keybindings, which ain't too bad, about one or two I can never remember by heart since I rarely use them (Shadowmeld..), plus I have a couple of macros that I have un-keybound, one of them doesn't work as well (ShadowmeldProwlLol), but they aren't keybinded since I don't need them as much anymore.

[e]: I should mention that I never, ever, ever keybind any key to Alt+, for fear of the Windows button.
    Believe me, it's caused me many a pain and death in the past, I avoid it like the plague now.

Oh yes, and I shouldn't forget Middle Mouse Click for Flight Form, Shift+MM for Ground Mount :]
    Infact, now that I think about it, I have a few more for things like my addons (Ctrl+MMC for Examiner/Inspect), but that really doesn't have much to do with the topic..

i have over 60 key bindings on my Hunter. and i dont have any silly stances to go in, that's all abilitys i use all the time, Aspects, Traps, Shots, Utility abilitys, Cooldowns, CC abilitys, Consumables, Melee Abilitys, Pet Abilitys, Mount, Engineering Enchants, Trinkets and a few other misc macros ect i use. overall i have about 22 of those buttons shown, rest is hidden on bars i can't see unless i unlock bartender. so its pretty much just inprinted in my head.

but i can mention a few
    1-6
    q
    e
    a+q
    a+e
    c+e
    c+q
    f
    s+f
    r
    m3
    m4
    s+m3
    s+m4
    a+m3
    a+m4
    c+m3
    c+m4
    c+f
    c+g
    c+c
    c+v
    c+b
    h
    g
    s+g
    ½
    s+½
    a+½
    c+½
    t
    s+t
    c+1
    c+2
    c+3
    c+4
    a+1
    a+2
    a+3
    a+4
    a+5
    a+6

True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Although not hard to use these are my Prot warriors key bindings. not mind bending but enough to keep me awake while tanking

` Charge
    SHIFT ` Taunt
    CTRL ` Zerker Rage
    1 Cleave
    2 Devastate
    3 Revenge
    4 Shield Slam
    5 Thunder Clap
    SHIFT 1 Concussion Blow
    SHIFT 2 Shield bash
    SHIFT 3 Revenge (barely ever used)
    SHIFT 4 Intervene