How accurate is Shandara/Femaledwarf.com?

The reason behind me asking is in regards to modelling rotation, glyph's & gems round the gear I currently own. In some cases there was little difference say within 15 dps, in others I squeezed near 100 dps out. Granted that comparing 15 dps to 100 dps difference is apples & oranges to some

On the attempts, I was modelling ArPen gems vs Agi gems to see if it was worth the regemming.Tried various attempts with a personal dps range of 11283.87 to 11475.51.

Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Re: How accurate is Shandara/Femaledwarf.com?

Fairly, it's only flaw is that it is forced to assume a perfect raid scenario.

The spreadsheet is entirely theoretical. It cannot accurately measure how much more dps changing your gear will really give you. That said, you would be likely to notice the difference between 11283 and 11475, because that's about the same difference as upgrading from Greatness to Death's Choice/Verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Fairly, it's only flaw is that it is forced to assume a perfect raid scenario.
    This.

Normally, you will never get the numbers that Femaledwarf.com says you should be able of getting, unless the fight is built for you.

Even in a patchwerk fight with minimal latency, spreadsheets can't account for human error, which everyone is prone to.

That doesn't make it any less useful of a tool for comparing upgrades, gemming, e.t.c., just don't be under the impression that you're dps should be the exact number the spreadsheet tells you it will be

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950
    just don't be under the impression that you're dps should be the exact number the spreadsheet tells you it will be
    Oh believe you me, I'm far from being under that impression.

It just seems to perplexing to have such a diverse variation with the same gear but with different gems/glyphs & Enchants in theory. It's close to 200 dps difference with just switching bits and bobs around
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

200 dps on 11000 theoretical is just under 2%. That is a pretty small change...just what you would expect for making small alterations to key stats.

Just set up fight details differently and you will get a closer estimate (fight time, target swapping etc)

some good old pen and paper math with the data from the sheet isnt impossible to do either.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

I find it very accurate for survival numbers. It tells me I could do 10930 dps on the spreadsheet with best possible buffs/debuffs, and I've managed to get 10500 in actual raids.

This is my settings
    http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=101912

and this is the log of actual dps
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...4772#Gittarius

RNG obviously plays a big part in your in-game dps, get a lucky string of crits or procs on a short fight and you might beat the numbers estimated by the spreadsheet.

The main problem I run into with shandara/femaledwarf is it is unable to handle two trinkets w/ an ArPen proc :-/