Require Tower Downing in AV

Zerging problem fixed. Don't allow us to engage Van unless towers are sufficiently razed. Just slap a gate on his keep that breaks apart further as each tower is burned. To counter endless matches with countless recaps, remove the gaining of reinforcements from the mines, and instead add raid-wide stat buffs for each mine controlled making them an important resource to cap.

Bonus side effects would be bringing back the importance of collecting quest items from the battlefield to help make our push across the map easier. Hey maybe we'd even see the giants summoned again for fun.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Require Tower Downing in AV

I agree. I think we need to add the quest items back and make them an actual rescource that's worth getting. Right now they're just taking up space.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I agree. I think we need to add the quest items back and make them an actual rescource that's worth getting. Right now they're just taking up space.
    precisely ^

That would certainly be a nice change to AV, make it at least somewhat fun to play again. I like to get 2k+ honor from my AVs, not 500 or less.

10+ Year Old Account

At the very least make 2+ towers give the adds a 75% MS and a 20% dodge chance reduction debuff so ICC geared tanks can't just go in there and take on every single damn guy AND the general...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I think this is an awesome idea. Never thought of the gated thing but it would make this fight a lot more interesting. It is sad to see both teams cross in the middle and avoid each other and the bg turns into who can zerg faster. That is dumb.

If they make this change the Alterac Blitz achieve would have to become a feat of strength, not saying weather it is good or bad, just saying that achieve would not be possible if you have to down all the towers
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    At the very least make 2+ towers give the adds a 75% MS and a 20% dodge chance reduction debuff so ICC geared tanks can't just go in there and take on every single damn guy AND the general...
    problem is, every time they buff Van/Drek in some way, 2-3 patches later, we outgear him and can 4-tower-up pull him again.

1) The towers don't burn, the gates to the bosses don't open.

2) Remove the Allliance bridge, make it open and porous just like the horde base.

3) Make it so you actually have to defend nodes instead of a giant chokepoint.

4) AV becomes fun again, everyone wins.

revert AV to it's old state -> ??? -> profit

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    revert AV to it's old state -> ??? -> profit
    Yes, let's revert everything back to level 60 and give everyone unstoppable forces

Then let's all filter through the back gate of the horde base

Game's changed :P

No gating... i'd say buff the "Tower up" buffs so that they are multiplicative instead of additive.

Other AV changes? railings on the bridge and widen the bridge. Make it so you cant hop the fence into the horde base (right by one of the frost wolf towers) Put an elite by one of the frostwolf towers (like the one by south bunker) and open up the area where the flags are making it so the allies have to deal with(atleast some of) the archers and 1 rogue cant take every single tower.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

2 Stealthers take the mines, the 38 other people sit in a tower. kk ttyl

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz
    2 Stealthers take the mines, the 38 other people sit in a tower. kk ttyl
    Um not seeing your point. Are you suggesting that if a change like this went through that suddenly having your entire team mash themselves into one tower would be a viable winning strategy? If so, which tower? An Offensive one or Defensive one? How would holding one tower ensure victory when the opposing team downs all the rest, lowering your reinforcement count drastically, then slowly kills your team off one by one getting the stragglers till you run out of resources? And assuming this WERE a viable strategy, do you think any group outside of a 100% premade would even follow it?

...Or did you not think any of this through and just felt satisfied throwing out an inane criticism to make yourself sound smart...?

I'd like things to be more tactical but as it stands, encouraging tower caps will just end up with after 3 towers are down the whole team will camp one tower.

AV needs more than just this to fix it.

Deleted

Remove the reinforcements count and let players join only 1 AV per hour, with lots of honor gained for winning, depending on how long did the AV last. That way u'll want to get as much as possible out of each AV and that requires forced cooperation between all players for both defending and attacking. U'll also probably have enough time to summon those badass elites (never seen any...)

This is obviously just a rushed idea, it's not like i'm developing it right now, so don't bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrøømz
    Remove the reinforcements count and let players join only 1 AV per hour, with lots of honor gained for winning, depending on how long did the AV last. That way u'll want to get as much as possible out of each AV and that requires forced cooperation between all players for both defending and attacking. U'll also probably have enough time to summon those badass elites (never seen any...)

This is obviously just a rushed idea, it's not like i'm developing it right now, so don't bite me.
    I don't understand nor like this idea were I to understand it.

In short; No.

Buffing the bosses would be a good fix, there's no point that people can just rush the boss + 4 adds without any problems, I indeed hate AV as it is right now :/