Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Patch 3.3.3 PTR Build 11655, Blue posts

Patch 3.3.3 - PTR Build 11655
    A new build has been deployed on test realms! So far it looks like the only changes are the ones from the official notes, but I'm digging.

Official Notes Changes
    The official notes have been updated once again!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Focus: Now increases the damage done by Starfall by 10%, down from 20%.
    Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    • Heart of the Phoenix: Cooldown reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.
    Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    • Thunderclap: This ability now counts as a ranged attack, granting it double damage on critical strikes instead of 150% and ranged miss chance, and still cannot be dodged or parried.
    Arms
    • Bladestorm: Warriors can now be Disarmed while under the effects of this ability.
    PvP a Blizzard Employee IV
    Testing on PTRs is fairly important if you have a couple of minutes to spare on testing, I strongly suggest that you come on the test realms to help. If you think it's useless just read the next blue post.
    Originally Posted by Ujumqin (Blue Tracker)
    Hi all,

We will be hosting another PvP event on the US realm Anasterian tomorrow (3-11-2010) at 4:00PM PST! Queue for Random Battlegrounds for your shot to PvP with us!

What: Random Battleground Finder
    Who: Blizzard QA

• Horde - 'Blizzard' guild
    • Alliance - 'Blizzard QA' guild

Place: US Server Anasterian (Those on Broxigar can participate by Queueing for a Random Battleground)
    Time: 4:00PM PST
    Date: 3/11/2010

(Note: Time/Event is subject to change.)
    New Random Battlegrounds Issues
    Originally Posted by Ujumqin (Blue Tracker)
    Hey all,

We need your help in collecting information on issues you may be running into while using the Random Battleground feature. Specifically we want to know if you are experiencing the following (and when you experienced these issues):

• Not being able to enter Battlegrounds when the queue pops.
    • Not being resurrected by the Spirit Healer when dying in a Battleground.
    • Unable to see Spirit Healers after dying in a Battleground.
    • Getting stuck in a Battleground after the match has finished.
    • Becoming un-killable after dying in a Battleground.

If you've come across other issues related to Battlegrounds that are not included in the list, please feel free to describe what you were seeing and when you were seeing it.

Thanks!
    Community Interviews Exorsus and Enigma
    Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker)
    We've updated World of Warcraft's five-year anniversary site to include two fansite interviews.

Exorsus, currently the third best guild in the world, is also the top Russian and former top European guild. We met Viksh, its leader, to talk about how the guild was created, what makes it different from others, and how a team should be ruled to be efficient.

In the second interview, we speak with Fraya, the leader of the Enigma guild on the Deathwing realm, about his most memorable moments over five years of playing, Enigma’s experience in high-end raiding, and where the guild expects to find itself in Cataclysm and beyond.

Check out the anniversary site to read the full interviews.

Anniversary Site: http://www.wow-europe.com/wowanniversary/interview/
    Exorsus Interview: http://www.wow-europe.com/wowanniver...ew/exorsus.xml
    Enigma Interview: http://www.wow-europe.com/wowanniver...iew/enigma.xml
    Blue posts
    Tanking Stats
    Stamina is always going to be valuable for tanks, so I'm not sure a strategy of trying to force tanks to gem / enchant other stats is ever going to feel good. That said, tanks used to worry more about being the mana sponge. The way to alleviate being the mana sponge is to take less damage and a great way to take less damage is to dodge more.

The relative value of dodge vs. parry is something we'll have to play with. My gut reaction is that parry needs to be cheaper since avoiding 100% of one hit is more valuable than avoiding 50% of two hits, but I'm not sure how much cheaper. Avoiding spikiness (which dodge will contribute to) also has value, and if the second hit after a parry is dodged instead (such that you lose the parry "charge") that plays into the cost as well.

The passive talent tree bonuses for tanks will probably be something like 1) reduces damage taken, 2) increases damage done, 3) reduces damage taken in a way unique to your tree.

Yes, we're still dodging the DK question. For now. (Source)

1v1 Balance - Healer vs DPS
    I think my point there was that the healer will eventually run out of mana. If they are able to damage you while healing themselves though, they will likely win.

It comes down to this: If a healer can't beat a dps one on one, then there is no way a healer will be able to keep an entire three-person team alive. In that scenario you might as well just run with 3 dps and there becomes no role for the healer in Arena teams.

Note: this does not mean that in every single case that a dps spec defeats a healing spec in a duel that there is a problem with the class. (Source)
    Fan Arts
    3 new Fan Arts have been added to the Blizzard Fan Art Section.

Re: Patch 3.3.3 PTR Build 11655, Blue posts

I've always wanted to play as a Gnoll or Quillboar :|

Gnoll shaman looks ftw.

Yay I love the new Fan Art dangit, keep em coming, and yay for hunters

wth disarm bladestorm?

What happend to "...you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed"?

10+ Year Old Account

Bladestorm disarmable I called BS on that if it goes live and i hope to god it doesnt

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

i dont play a warrior
    but that change is stupid
    glyphed and speced blade storm is 1.25min cd
    most disarms are 1min cd
    it will make the ability all but useless against any team that has a disarm ability
    doubt it will go live
    even tho i wouldn't not use a disarm if it did ;D

Glyphs

* Glyph of Focus: Now increases the damage done by Starfall by 10%, down from 20%.
    I thought they were going to buff balanced druids, I guess a nerf is the same as a buff on opposite day.

As much as I am happy to see Bladestorm being nerfed (being a clothie and all), but it seems a little weird seeing a Warrior spinning around for teh luls, hitting people with his fists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

I want my worgen screenshots!!!!!!!!!
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, the bladestorm change, and i really hope it doesnt make live..

makes every 1.25 minute cooldown from bladestorm fucking bullshit, because you can get disarmed on it all.

thats means 1.25 cooldown on some burst (and yeah i know its alot on cloth, but on higher rating it doesnt kill anyone that easy:P)
    and then you get a instant disarm, which is quite easy with atleast 2 BS classes able to disarm.. -.-
    Mage / shadowpriest disarms ftl.

anyway, i really hope it doesnt go live. coz that would make arms fucking bullshit, or atleast, kinda

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich
    "...you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless disarmed"
    Fixed!
    "No! I must kill the worgens" he shouted
    The whisper said "No, John. You are the worgens"
    And then John was a werewolf.

thats BS
    another nerf to warriors....

Feeling pity or remorse doesn't mean people can't steal your weapon. Every other spinning mob is disarmable.

Does this mean the warrior in FC will be disarmable though?

Also, you missed the best blue post. GC talking about gin

I call BS on being able to disarm a warrior while he's bladestorming. Basically turns it into a Hand of Freedom on a 1.25-1.5 min cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

lol i'll switch my disc priest as my main if this goes live. Dominate every bracket and cry about everyone and never get nerfed !

Bladestorm: Warriors can now be Disarmed while under the effects of this ability.

ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

tsunami of warrior tears inc

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    lol i'll switch my disc priest as my main if this goes live. Dominate every bracket and cry about everyone and never get nerfed !
    I swear, I've never seen a Disc Priest nerf... ever.

Come Cata we shall be playing World of Disc Priest Craft
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

15+ Year Old Account

HOLD THE PHONE

WHAT

THE

#@&%

I demand an explanation for the disarming bladestorm. Other than just the "OMG BLADESTORM HITS SO HARD AND THERES NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT" QQing, I can think of no backing for why they would change this. Someone please explain and don't give me weak stuff like "rogues cant beat warriors."

finally the IWIN button "lolbladestorm" is getting slightly toned down.