Trauma, Val'anyr, or Option C for Resto Shaman?

Alright, well I've been doing some research on a couple of weapons in regards to my BiS and I'm somewhat at a loss atm. Right now, I narrowed my BiS down to Trauma, Val'anyr, or just a strait up sp/crit/haste wep,probably from lich king. However, I'm right now at a loss since there doesn't seem to be a clear answer, or if there is then I'm missing it. I'm now just wondering which one of them would it be, if even it is one of those?

Re: Trauma, Val'anyr, or Option C for Resto Shaman?

lockjaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

Id say val is probably for effective healing still BIS.

trauma is better for effective healing but the shields from val'anyr put it over the top

Hammer of Purified Flame (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50051) is solid option albeit only if you consider 10-man drops in your reach. It is better than Lockjaw but cant compare to Trauma if you raid 25-man (10-man is questionable as the proc wont be as effective). Val'anayr should not be considered as long as you dont already possess it because obtaining it is very complicated these days.

Deleted

Val'anyr is still bis (and probaly will be for the rest of the expantion) Damage prevention > healing damage taken.
    Trauma is good, but very fight dependant, and in nearly all 10m fights is useless.
    The weapons from lich king are very good (especially the hardmode LK 25m mace).
    So in my opinion it would go Val'anyr > Trauma/LK wep (This meaning you would swap your LK wep and Trauma out depending on the fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Runda
    trauma is better for effective healing but the shields from val'anyr put it over the top
    Clearly you don't know what effective healing is if you say Val'anyr is worse then Trauma for it

Deleted

I'm a holy paladin and Val'Anyr counts for about 10% of my healing done in almost every fight. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but on average 10%.

This is from Wednesdays raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...15/details/23/

It's at 8.2%, but keep in mind the Valthira encounter where this proc is almost useless, and will bring the overall healing from it down.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4481&e=4739 16.9% on lady deathwisper for example.

Edit: Click on healing by spell.

I don't think Trauma will ever come up to that.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Celdarion
    I'm a holy paladin and Val'Anyr counts for about 10% of my healing done in almost every fight. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but on average 10%.

This is from Wednesdays raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...15/details/23/

It's at 8.2%, but keep in mind the Valthira encounter where this proc is almost useless, and will bring the overall healing from it down.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4481&e=4739 16.9% on lady deathwisper for example.

Edit: Click on healing by spell.

I don't think Trauma will ever come up to that.
    I've managed to get truma to 14% on Sindo, but thats the highest i've seen it. Also your right, val'nyr is good on every fight and as said it doesn't matter Trauma heals more, Damage prevention is nearly always better then healing done.

While most of the above arguments for Val'anyr are valid, I do hope the OP has a Val'anyr in hand already or knows of the one guild in the world that still runs Ulduar hard modes with regularity ...

Otherwise this discussion becomes a lot simpler. Your BiS becomes what is reasonably obtainable for you and offers the best compliment of stats. Some fights, that will be Trauma; other fights that will be the Royal Scepter. (If you're even trying to include Val as an option, I'm going to assume you run 25s and not 10s).

Quote Originally Posted by Celdarion
    No you are wrong, the problem in your case is you heal VD by Holy Light. The way to obtain high absorbs by Valanyr and your Glyph is to beacon VD and then support the raid healers by spamming holy lights cross raid. You can take a look at some Logs at WOL and you will see avg. glyph procs of 4k in some cases + the absorb by valanyr.

I can only agree with vixsin. We will need two weapons, one for raidhealing and one for spothealing, if we dont have an option for valanyr. Its the same with alot of other slots. I see myself often using the H. Wartoken. BQL fights are just perfect for this trinket, 1500 haste is just sex. So you swap and swap and swap. In the end we will have always two BiS lists.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gunja
    No you are wrong, the problem in your case is you heal VD by Holy Light. The way to obtain high absorbs by Valanyr and your Glyph is to beacon VD and then support the raid healers by spamming holy lights cross raid. You can take a look at some Logs at WOL and you will see avg. glyph procs of 4k in some cases + the absorb by valanyr.
    You sir, are very correct and I feel ashamed . However, I did not use a gcd for beacon at this fight, simply because our raid healers handeled the situation perfectly themselves. But as you said, if one would beacon VD, and heal tanks + raid, then yes the proc would still be wonderful for that fight.

Val'anyr with 4pc t10 resto is amazing. Almost god mode for a resto shamawn at this stage.

val is miles ahead of everything else, the scary thing is depending on the cata changes it might still be best then
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

15+ Year Old Account

val'anyr is especially nice for infest during lk fight

My guildie shaman uses trauma on aura fights and well, its pro.

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    val is miles ahead of everything else, the scary thing is depending on the cata changes it might still be best then
    no joke this might happen. The proc alone is worth the loss of spellpower for one item slot....you'd be hard pressed to find something better

Damn I just got Heroic Lockjaw and thought it was pretty good. I guess I'll keep rolling on Trauma in 25man... or somehow figure out a way to conjure up 25 valynar frags hehe !

Deleted

Don't necro over month old posts.