Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warning signs of a bad group

Quote Originally Posted by Razzo
    Why is it that poeple think that keyboardturners are bad for a group? They might not be as leet as many but they get the job done just about as good.
    Because Clickers cant play effective enough, people need to learn to use key bindings. I mean i know hardcore raiders just want to stand still and cast and hate on pvp, but learning to move and use your abilities with just the keyboard helps everything, that's including pve. When i used to raid i remember seeing clickers move 5 seconds to late out of a pit of shit on the ground. This is because there reaction timing sucks due to lack of any pvp imo.

10+ Year Old Account

When the DPS kills Spellflingers in OK last.
    When DPS doesn't switch to the guardian for one min (also in OK).
    When all four players are from the same realm and guild and all horribley specced.
    When this is Regular OK and the 80s have less then 2K DPS.

Of course when you point those things out in the same pug you get kicked. The tank seemed to think he could heal-less the last boss. Not with his spec.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    OT:well..spellfingers die for me first becuse i spell reflect their shadow blast...and it's fuun :P

MT: When i do around 60% of all damage on bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon
    We've all been in groups that fail. Sometimes they've failed before they even begin. Of course there are clues and signs to when a group is going to fail pretty badly, some more obvious than others. What are your favorite signs to look for.

A few of mine...
    -Frost DK Dual-Wielding tank weapons
    -Healer in PVP gear
    actually the first one, not as much, i prefer healing dk with dual wileding tank weapons.

on topic:

-if the tank is topping dps wiht 2k
    -if the tank has less than 20k health
    -if the dps asked "what do i do on this boss"
    -if 4 out of the 5 players fail at drakes
    -if ppl stay in stasis orbs
    -if it takes longer than 30 minutes to clear a heroic
    -if my tank goes from a prot pally to a titan's gripping warrior
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

I always love it when I do a quick inspect on each member of the group to see who I should put vigilance on and find that all the DPS are ungemmed and unenchanted... Some of them actually have decent gear but always have some fail excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    When DPS doesn't switch to the guardian for one min (also in OK).
    When all four players are from the same realm and guild and all horribley specced.
    When this is Regular OK and the 80s have less then 2K DPS.

Of course when you point those things out in the same pug you get kicked. The tank seemed to think he could heal-less the last boss. Not with his spec.
    Speaking of spell flingers, I love it when the "Pro-gogogo" hunter and rogue both decide to MD/TRix an extra group at the start of OK and we get 3 spell flingers and no one interrupts them. Since they hit for a flat 50% of tank health instead of a set amount of damage they will kill any tank in two hits. Of course when I die I get told that I suck because any tank should be able to tank 3 packs at once.

These are the kinds of "pro" dps that are in such a hurry and think they can be trusted to pull when in fact they simply don't understand the game that well and only slow the run down and frustrate the tank/healer.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

10+ Year Old Account

Haven't really read the whole thing so sorry if someone else said this, but..

When you get 4 people all in the same guild, and the first thing they say is "o great we gotta carry this fukin noob.." and then the second thing they say is "rong chat"
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

i see lots of hate on frost d/w tanks, healers in pvp gear, and people who are sociable during instances. some of the best runs i have ever done have had one or more of those things.

case and point: healer on my battle group (vindication) named Drlisacuddy(lolhouse) in full pvp gear. wrathful/relentless. really good stuff, probably the best healer ive ever run with.

frost dk d/w tank: had 40k health, wasnt hard to heal, never lost aggro the entire instance with everybody in the group pulling 3.5-4k+, and a rogue over 5k overall

sociable people talking during the instance: im sure dps with channeled AOEs get tired of sitting there doing nothing while their channeled abilities do all the work. if they can dps and chat at the same time im all for it. interesting conversations arise, and i can talk plenty while im healing

SUPER OFF TOPICNESS ENDS NOW, back on topic:

warning signs of a bad group for me is dps in half tank gear, bunny hoppers that bounce around in circles at the start, then continue doing it during the instance. and any person with spell penetration socketed into their gear, seriously. had a ret pally in full badge gear and such, with EVERY SINGLE GEM blue quality crit/spell penetration. he didnt even break 2k overall