Sindragosa 25 Help

So our guild has been working on Sindragosa 25 for a few days now. I feel like I’m a little lost. Everything is smooth until the dreaded P3 @ 35%. We seem to just lose it at that point, and people slowly start dying, with all wipes occurring in the 20% range.

To me, it just seems like we’re missing something. I won’t go over P1 and P2, as nobody dies, and we reach 35% about 10 seconds after the third air phase, which I assume is ok?

So, when we get to 35% we hit heroism for a little edge, and usually have Sindragosa below 30% before the first iceblock, with everyone still alive. At this point what we do is have the ice blocks on the same side, near the tank, with about 15yds between them. We have everyone alternate every other ice block. We seem to just lose people here, and stacks are getting to around 6 per person.

We also run into a slight issue, when the iceblock is at a decent range from the boss and she sucks us in. It seems a couple will go down when this happens as well. Basically our setup is everyone in the middle, and the two iceblocks near the head, one close and one far. Everyone uses the close one to cleanse stacks, and just burns the far one down, unless stacks are still up.

We run a 2 tank, 7 healer, 16 dps comp, with mostly ranged dps. We’ve also tried using frost resist gear and that doesn’t seem to make a difference, it just makes the fight longer. Also note that our tanks are wearing frost resist, and our dps are stopping at 3 stacks of the damage debuff to help healers.

We also run several 10 man teams, and seemed to struggle with this fight as well. My specific 10 man team is geared to the teeth, and has completed every hard mode up to Sindragosa, as well as all Ulduar and Naxx hardmodes back in the day. We did get Sindragosa down in 10m, but had to zerg her, which isn’t right.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Sindragosa 25 Help

Essentially 6 stacks is too high.

You want basically you're entire raid to aim to reset their stack once behind every ice block.

We have all our dps running between the blocks...So they are all resetting their stacks as often as possible.

You'll indeed find the boss goes down quite slowly, but you just have to be patient...the only people going above 4 stacks should possibly be the tanks (they should still be rotating as often as possible), possibly a couple of healers too. But having 3-4 people over 4 stacks is no problem, having 20+ is.

Dps need to basically get into a rythem of going behind a block, nuking it down, nuking the boss for a short period, then moving to the next block & repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy85

To me, it just seems like we’re missing something. I won’t go over P1 and P2, as nobody dies, and we reach 35% about 10 seconds after the third air phase, which I assume is ok?
    Ideally, best case scenario would be to take her down to 37% BEFORE 3rd air phase. If not, it could get hairy due to the enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy85
    So, when we get to 35% we hit heroism for a little edge, and usually have Sindragosa below 30% before the first iceblock, with everyone still alive. At this point what we do is have the ice blocks on the same side, near the tank, with about 15yds between them. We have everyone alternate every other ice block. We seem to just lose people here, and stacks are getting to around 6 per person.

We also run into a slight issue, when the iceblock is at a decent range from the boss and she sucks us in. It seems a couple will go down when this happens as well. Basically our setup is everyone in the middle, and the two iceblocks near the head, one close and one far. Everyone uses the close one to cleanse stacks, and just burns the far one down, unless stacks are still up.

We run a 2 tank, 7 healer, 16 dps comp, with mostly ranged dps. We’ve also tried using frost resist gear and that doesn’t seem to make a difference, it just makes the fight longer. Also note that our tanks are wearing frost resist, and our dps are stopping at 3 stacks of the damage debuff to help healers.
    Our tactic, is that we have 1 iceblock near a tank during pahse 3. We leave this block up as long as possible so we are assured every one resets their stacks. When we fee lconfident enough we break it and resume regular play. 2nd ice block goes on the opposite side far away from the tanks .. we kill this asap. 3rd goes back to near the tanks and keep it up while everyone resets.

It can get a little chaotic at times with an iceblock + a pull from sindy .. but nothing a few more tries won't fix.

No point saving Heroism for P3, it's not a dps race it's a slow burn. We pop it right at the begininng, to ensure that no more than 2 air phases occur.

As for phase 3, if people die to blistering cold AoE they need to be repeatedly ridiculed until they can turn around and run in a straight line. It's no different to P1+2 so people should not being dying to it.

The Mystic buffet is not completely deadly in itself, you are probably losing people due to them not stopping dps and waiting for debuffs to clear. If people arent clearing mystic buffet, then you are dpsing tombs too fast or moving too slowly.

There is little room for error in this fight, and with 7 healers, people are either mismanaging their buffs completely, or not healing very well.

Ofcourse you want BL in phase 3. This is the hardest phase where you want to get out of as fast as possible. When you pop it right away on 35% you have the most time to use it before someone gets ice tombed.

We do it like this:
    We tank her at the stairs (not really important where you tank her) in p1 and 2. We make sure she is at 36-38% before her last airphase. We kill the tombs etc. etc. then we tank her in the middle where she lands and go into p3.
    In p3 we all stack up on the side where her tail is (left). Still out of tailsweep range ofcourse. The guy who gets icetomb runs to the side where her head is (right). As soon as the ice tomb goes off everyone runs behind it and get rid of their stacks. The next guy who gets ice tomb goes back to the left and when it goes off everyone goes to the left again, behind the tomb (if you have new stacks that is, just keep em at 4 or lower not 6). Rince and repeat.

Melee kills the tombs and ranged dps the boss as soon as they get rid of the stacks. If everything goes fine you won't have more then 4 stacks. No need to go crazy on dps. Just take it easy and let no one die. If you then hit the enrage timer (unlikely) you can try to dps more.

I'm an elemental shaman and when i'm behind a tomb i just cast a few chainheals untill my stacks are gone and i go back to the boss. Helps your healers a little.

As for phase 3, if people die to blistering cold AoE they need to be repeatedly ridiculed until they can turn around and run in a straight line. It's no different to P1+2 so people should not being dying to it.
    I think they die because they all have 6 stacks and all their healers are running away from the blistering cold AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by redux21
    No point saving Heroism for P3, it's not a dps race it's a slow burn. We pop it right at the begininng, to ensure that no more than 2 air phases occur.

The Mystic buffet is not completely deadly in itself, you are probably losing people due to them not stopping dps and waiting for debuffs to clear. If people arent clearing mystic buffet, then you are dpsing tombs too fast or moving too slowly.

There is little room for error in this fight, and with 7 healers, people are either mismanaging their buffs completely, or not healing very well.
    Agree on the use of heroism. Use it right after the pull as soon as everyone are on their place since P3, as said above, isn't a DPS race

Heres how my guild does it:

p1 and p2 blah blah easy mode

p3:

Tank her at the stairs with the side of her body facing the door ( so her head is facing the right side of the room.
    Use the line on the floor at the bottom of the stairs as a marker its really helpful.
    Divide the raid in to 2 groups (grps 1 and 3 and grps 2 and 4),

have the first person marked with a beacon move to the right of the line on the floor and groups 1 and 3 move to dps the ice block while grps 2 and 4 stay on the boss.

the second person to get marked moves to the left of the line on the floor and grps 2 and 4 move behind the ice block, deal with it bla bla and grps 1 and 3 dps the boss.

rinse and repeat that and with some practice she will go down, the important thing to remember is that its not a race, if you have the dps to get to sindragosa in the first place then you have the dps to kill her, using heroism/bl at this phase is ofc an absolute must.

what made it alot easier for my guild was having someone on vent keeping a close eye on the DBM warnings and calling out clearly over vent the name of the person who gets marked and reminding the respective groups to dps boss/ice block.

e.g "pragmatic move right and groups 1 and 3 dps the ice block", having someone who can stay calm and isnt too concerned with their dps really helps.

this fight is a bit of a bitch im not saying its easy but with practice it does become alot more manageable.

hope this helps

Have had it on farm for a while, we don't BL until 10%. Popping it at the beginning of P3 just encourages people to DPS their brains out, building their stacks and dying quickly. P3 is slow and steady, not fast and furious. We do it methodically till 10% then burn.

What we do for blocks is alternate positioning them--first at head, second at tail, third at head, etc. Then we have our fast attacking dps (meaning Enh Shaman, rogues, kitty droods) on ice block kill duty since these poeple will build their melee debuffs faster, putting more stress on the healers. Ranged and 2h DPS kill Sindragosa. Then just don't mess up.