Thread: Arm Pen vs Hit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arm Pen vs Hit

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    neither of them is "bad" to gem.
    arp is better to gem then hit (aka provides more theoretical dps)
    hit makes your rotation more "safe".

choose on own will.
    It's very obvious that I like quoting myself. Oh, and if no one minds, I've bolded the important part.

IIRC, something equal in terms of ... "information" is posted in the cat-guide-sticky on the top, isn't it? It's a pity that so much people don't mind reading them OR if they did, they don't mind believing them.

Maybe it should be considered, that 99,99% of all stickies are what they are for a reason.

can we end this thread now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer
    You just happened to see this thread in the "Latest Forum Posts" box on the front page, TL;DR'd through the first few posts and thought you'd share your views even though you have no experience as a Cat, didn't you?
    Seems that way doesn't it?

I am currently 93.46% arpen (1308 rating) and 6.83% hit (224 rating) unbuffed. I don't notice too many misses, if I do my addon makes a sound that if you're paying attention to what you were pressing (or just look at the chat) you can easily repress that button before you waste combo points.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxic
    On a boss like saurfang, ignoring hit and expertise can yield higher dps. If you are fast enough to notice that your Rip missed, or was dodged, and hit it again on the next global, you would be fine. HOWEVER, if you assumed your Rip hit, and then you went to shred, you just wasted combo points. This is where the problem lies, hit and expertise eliminate the RNG of specials connecting or not. You can play all day at 0% hit and 0% expertise and never miss or be dodged, but odds are that wont happen. You roll the dice every swing if you are not capped on both, so I chose to eliminate that and cap both.
    If you are unable to react in under 1 second (GCD) I hope to hell you don't have a drivers license or live anywhere near me. Especially considering average reaction time is between 1/5th and 1/4 of that.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm going to drop hit for Arp cap, but I'm worrying a lot that missing special attacks will gimp my DPS by an additional 1-3%.. When DPSing I assume I never miss and just look on timers and forecast my next abilities uses for 3-5s.. If I miss one(Esp. on Rotafce - when he starts turning around he usually blocks my Rake, and parrys my Rip) then I can't react immediately(because I'm not expecting it) and usually notice it a bit later(1-2s) that results in a lower uptimes(91% to 86% average) and thus dps loss(10700 on Saurfang to 10400 Rotface).. I'm sure I can fix it by being more concentrated and checking every special attack land succesfully but it would turn my DPSing into pain in ass...
    I wonder if there any addon that could notify with a sound or big letters across the screen that my special attack just have missed.. Does anybody know such? I think it would help a lot
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

Deleted

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...attleText.html makes a sound whenever you don't hit one of your specials, as well as putting the exact info in your chat window about which attack and what happened

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...attleText.html makes a sound whenever you don't hit one of your specials, as well as putting the exact info in your chat window about which attack and what happened
    I guess it's not compatible with simply SCT addon because they are doing the same stuff... Is there any way to turn off everything but alerting on yellow misses in MikScrollingBattleText?
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481