Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Debating on picking up Engineering

Since I've already got JC, enchanting, inscription, herbalism, alchemy, mining and blacksmithing on my other chars, I'm thinking on picking up engineering too, got 5k to spend on my warriors professions.
    Are there any profession that is better for a warrior or should I go for engineering?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kélek
    I personally believe that every raider should have rocket-boots for PvE, but that's just my opinion.
    Rocket boots for raiding is both a positive and a negative, really. The burst you get once every couple minutes is INSANE; it's faster than epic ground mounts. For the occasional "oh crap" moment, it's amazing; as posted earlier it's great for kiting Anub's spikes, I've used in in Putricide fights when kiting the orange slime, it can get me back at the boss ASAP after a knockback, etc.

The problem is the cooldown. The regular speed enchants are always-on, and while they're much less flashy, that little bit of extra speed does add up over time. You're getting out of every AoE that slight bit faster, getting back to DPS that little bit sooner, every single time movement is involved. It works out to about a wash, over a raider's entire career, statistically.

Not that this is a criticism; I loves me mah rocket boots. But they're not a significant boost, statistically, over the speed boost every other raider should have somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dextermorgan
    Are there any profession that is better for a warrior or should I go for engineering?
    If you're just looking at the benefits and not the fun stuff, what you should focus on are the glove enchants. The boot and cloak enchants are similar to the boosts other professions see, so it'll depend on how good haste or non-scaling direct damage are for you. Engineering is great for Shaman primarily because of how well we scale with haste; the glove enchant gets better and better as your gear improves.

Engineering rules!

Hyperspeed accelerator is really good for elemental shamans and probably also for resto. Nitro boosts is very usefull in pve and also pvp except arena's ofc. Plus you can enchant your cloak with spellpower and a parachute. SP > haste for elemental shamans.