3.3.3. and Elixer mastery

With 3.3.3 we will be able to buy frost lotus.
    I am wondering what this will do with elixer mastery's money making.

Production cost will be lower but also the selling prices will be lower.
    I personally think we will be making less money with it.

What do you think?
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: 3.3.3. and Elixer mastery

BO your competition and repost them at your prices. But the demand for flask will always be there and with more scrubs getting into icc they will need flask also.

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

I'd say prices will drop so sell your Frost Lotus now if you have any.
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

Look... people are reading far too into this. It is very server dependent what will happen.

For example... Illidan horde.

Frost lotus = 20g
    Icethorn = 11g
    Lichbloom = 20
    Flasks = 20g

Cost per 4 = 80+11+20 = 110

You are guaranteed to make 8 flasks. You invest 110, you make 160 even without flask mastery. This is 1.45x the value you put into it. So a 45% profit. It is slightly less than the previous amount with the huge prices (about 5% difference). So you are looking at making the same profit margin, you will just need to produce more to make the same amount of money as before.

This still means that every 1000 gold invested makes 1450.... so a 4.5k profit per 10k spent. This is the WEEKEND prices for flasks, and they will sell for more on raiding days (roughly 8g more) so ultimately you will make much more money.

You can also assume that every 1000 sets of flasks made will proc well over 300 extras... so there is still tons of extra money to be made.

The price of frost lotus cannot dip below the lowest worth item that is worth while for frozen orbs to be turned into. I don't see them dropping below 20g. Most servers eternal fire are 20g and will likely not go any lower than that, if frost lotus drops below the eternal fire/life/air prices then it will spark people to buy those instead and the price will go back up to the point where it is equal to the frozen orbs again.

Simple economic principles people...
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by GodTier
    Look... people are reading far too into this. It is very server dependent what will happen.

For example... Illidan horde.

Frost lotus = 20g
    Icethorn = 11g
    Lichbloom = 20
    Flasks = 20g

Cost per 4 = 80+11+20 = 110

You are guaranteed to make 8 flasks. You invest 110, you make 160 even without flask mastery. This is 1.45x the value you put into it. So a 45% profit. It is slightly less than the previous amount with the huge prices (about 5% difference). So you are looking at making the same profit margin, you will just need to produce more to make the same amount of money as before.

This still means that every 1000 gold invested makes 1450.... so a 4.5k profit per 10k spent. This is the WEEKEND prices for flasks, and they will sell for more on raiding days (roughly 8g more) so ultimately you will make much more money.

You can also assume that every 1000 sets of flasks made will proc well over 300 extras... so there is still tons of extra money to be made.

The price of frost lotus cannot dip below the lowest worth item that is worth while for frozen orbs to be turned into. I don't see them dropping below 20g. Most servers eternal fire are 20g and will likely not go any lower than that, if frost lotus drops below the eternal fire/life/air prices then it will spark people to buy those instead and the price will go back up to the point where it is equal to the frozen orbs again.

Simple economic principles people...
    AH cut...

Quote Originally Posted by sealdonut
    AH cut...
    Because 5% of 20 gold is a lot right?

A whole GOLD ZOMG
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde