10+ Year Old Account
    Italy (y'know, spaghetti pizza maccaroni)

All from scratch, once again...

Hey there, I am currently rerolling on a different server because my guild broke apart. Sad story. I found myself gold-starving and I want to choose two professions that will help me on my freshly-started death knight. (Yeah, as much I hate them, it's the last class I haven't yet played and after all they aren't that bad/boring)

Advices needed and well accepted. Explanations of why I should choose your suggestion are also appreciated.
    Thanks alot for future answers!
    Banana phone
    I've got this feeling, so appealing,
    for us to get together and sing. Sing!

Re: All from scratch, once again...

Mining / Skinning... sell it all!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Gold starved? JC + Mining since leveling mining will help you level your JC. If you want G right this second then go Mining + herbalism.

Also, why do you "hate" the DK class? You sound like yet another person just repeating what they hear everyone else say without actually using your brain to make a decision.

Skinning and either herbalism or mining. Reason is pretty obvious. 2 gathering professions = 100% profit. Then, when you hit level cap and have a decent fund started, you can go and switch one of those professions to something that isn't gathering.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781
    Also, why do you "hate" the DK class? You sound like yet another person just repeating what they hear everyone else say without actually using your brain to make a decision.
    You are right, I'm the WoW stereotype. No seriously, I was (note to yourself: was) diffident toward DKs, when they were OP and played by all kind of idiots. I always appreciate a DK in my raid.
    Now let's try to not start a shitstorm in a simple suggestion thread. DK discussion ends here.

Now, on topic, thanks for all the really fast answers. I'm further looking into JC and Mining, because my main is a feral druid and those 51 stam gems are gorgeous
    If that's also the way to make gold, it is the most welcome.
    Banana phone

JC will pay off in stats and G in the long run, but it costs time and G to level (again, mining will drastically reduce the cost of leveing it). So I guess it depends on whether you need instant gratification or if you are in it for the long haul.

Why not just transfer servers?

On topic, mining and herbalism until you hit 80... then use the mats for JC and Alchemy. Sell what you make and any excess mats you don't need. Plus, questing and random lfg alone is decent money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

10+ Year Old Account

The last suggestion totally gots me.

And to answer your question, I already done two or three faction changes in a 3 month row. While that may sound nothing for you, it is alot for me. And starting all over from scratch is an idea I like alot. Getting the past besides and preparing to start it all over, why should I get my main or an alt with me then?
    Banana phone

Well....not sure if you work, but for me the cost for a server transfer is about 45 minutes of work. It would take me a lot longer than 45 minutes to level a toon to 80, even a DK. ;D Even if you make minimum wage, it's maybe 5 hours (assuming taxes). I'd still say it takes longer than 5 hours to level a DK to 80. If you want to start over though, that's your call. I just hate leveling and love my main.
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Dont take mining and herbalism. I will tell you why : you cant gather both at the same time. Say you make a quick Barrens tour, you cant spot ore nodes and plants nodes at the same time. But you can pwn every single Kodo you encounter and still pick flowers or metal.

Mining + skinning or Herba + skinning make more sense to me. Skinning is super easy to lvl up, mining just requires some good playlists

Oke
    I have powerleveled Alchemy and just started JC (which I wont rush to keep it a bit cheaper).
    Alchemy: Cost me 4000g and from this I got 1500g back because of selling the leveling stuff. So a 2500 investment. I earn a constant 120g a day for only 5 minute work, with lucky days where this can be more. This alone doesn't seem that great. Just a lazy mans money making.
    JC: I am leveling this one, just to get the awesome JC/ALchem combo going and making me rich. He is 91 :P so far.

But this combo could make me tons of gold.
    With alchemy I can transmute some meta gems for about 32g and when I cut them they are worth double that.
    Then you got also epix gems, which cost me about 30g and cutting them would make them worth 200g, (20hour cooldown)

But leveling them both will proberly cost you 10k g. So start two gathering to start off.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    Dont take mining and herbalism. I will tell you why : you cant gather both at the same time. Say you make a quick Barrens tour, you cant spot ore nodes and plants nodes at the same time. But you can pwn every single Kodo you encounter and still pick flowers or metal.

Mining + skinning or Herba + skinning make more sense to me. Skinning is super easy to lvl up, mining just requires some good playlists
    Actually.. track minerals and each time you stop, do a 360 and you will usually see 2-3 herbs. Skinning isn't bad either, but I tried to think ahead for another profession a DK would use and leatherworking wasn't on the radar. Nothing wrong with skinning though.
    Nerf teabagging!

Mining and flower picking work just fine if you use gatherer or another of the various node tracking addons. If you're in an area you know spawns both, when you stop for one, switch to the other for a few minutes and grab whatever is in the area. Someplace like Barrens is even easier since you know you can track herbs any time you aren't around the "mountains" in the area and the ore nodes generally stand out very nicely without needing to track them.

For the sake of your sanity, if you're thinking about gathering professions, choose only 1. Either Mining or Herbalism, and never both at the same time. That's because it's too easy to get bored when you have both. So, I'd recommend Mining OR Herbalism as first profession, and for the second one I'd say JC. It will take a good while to level, but after all the hassle it will be very rewarding, as people buy gems all the time.
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

If you intend to go with 2 gathering at first, one of which being mining with the intention of levelling jc later then I have a suggestion.
    Find a levelling guide for jc and during your mining, if you even have to out of the way slightly then farm as much and if you can between alts, if necessary multiple bank alts and stockpile pretty much everything you need.
    Will make the process much quicker and cheaper once you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.