I'd suggest trying this to start:

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t90607-s..._hunter_3_3_a/

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: SV hunter guide?

Thanks!

You don't need a guide 8)

Just get hit-capped and gem all the way for Agility.

For the enchants just look at the sticky :

And use this shot priority: Kill Shot-Black Arrow-Explosive Shot-Serpent Sting-Aimed Shot-Steady Shot.

That's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotter
    And use this shot priority: Kill Shot-Black Arrow-Explosive Shot-Serpent Sting-Aimed Shot-Steady Shot.
    Nope. BA should not be prioritized before Explosive. And seeing this advice is good evidence as to why using a guide (with a discussion thread, and by a reputable source (the creator of femaledwarf)) can be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skybluesky
    Nope. BA should not be prioritized before Explosive. And seeing this advice is good evidence as to why using a guide (with a discussion thread, and by a reputable source (the creator of femaledwarf)) can be helpful.
    Yes it MUST because then LnL will proce more, and that will lead to an DPS increase

Honestly, the DPS difference between using ES or BA before the other when both are off cooldown at the exact same time is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Honestly, the DPS difference between using ES or BA before the other when both are off cooldown at the exact same time is minimal.
    According to femaledwarf, prioritizing BA over Explosive is a 93.3 dps loss for me. Perhaps you consider that a minimal loss, but it's equal to a pretty solid gear upgrade. I don't see why we should want to encourage people to do that (as the survival guide in this forum does).

I just checked on femaledwarf too, and switching BA above ES gives me a 13dps increase, which certainly goes against what I expected.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I always use BA, KS, ES, AS, SS, serpent

Reason for that is LnL proc and the 6& increased damage, but when I open up my rotation, I go for serpent, BA, ES, AS, SS

BA before ES was almost 100 dps decrease on my female dwarf.
    Interestingly enough, since I have T10 4pc, putting Serp. infront of BA was only a 5 DPS loss, on the sheet.

Serpent sting isn't the great source of damage that it was with T9, but once you have T10 4pc, it is still a major consideration to help keep that buff up, that reportedly has no internal cool down.
    On fights like PP, when swapping to slimes and stuff, considering I should have just applied BA to the boss, and ES is likely on cool down, starting with Serpent Sting is a great way to have multiple target ticking, to help increase "Stinger" uptime.