Takes less time gearing for PvP in PvE then in battlegrounds?

I recently leveled up my warlock alt to 80 and after getting all pve badge loot i needed I thought I'd go and get some pvp gear.

Rather quickly I realized that it takes much longer time farming bgs until you have full furious compared to just running HCs.

Doesn't this strike as odd to some of you? Obtaining pvp gear via pve is a lot faster then via pvp?

Of course you can't get pvp off-pieces from pve though.

I like that you actually can get pvp gear from other places then BGs and Arenas, but that it would take longer time going the "main" way is just silly.

No wonders there are so few BGs up these day.
    I hope the BG honor boost makes farming honor in BGs a lot more viable.

What are your opinions?

Re: Takes less time gearing for PvP in PvE then in battlegrounds?

That's the world of warcraft that you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony
    That's the world of warcraft that you play.
    Apparently it is

I still believe this game is primarily PvE, considering that's more or less what it was created for/with, so I'm not that surprised, though it IS a bit odd, not to mention you *can* obtain what you need via VoA, another PvE encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

well i decided to play shadow pvp recently and got full gear in 2h
    (took that long to relog few times for 1k-boa-honor badges)

so i went from 0 resilence to 800 in 2hours

but all time considered i spent in getting all those 1k badges i think it would have been faster with bgs
    (while i got the badges as a bonus.. i didnt run the hcs for them)

Quote Originally Posted by quez
    I hope the BG honor boost makes farming honor in BGs a lot more viable.
    Of course it will, Blizz already recognized that farming PvP gear in PvE is faster and that's he whole point behind the BG changes.

It's stupid, but there's not a lot you can do about it. A mage posted earlier that they had their character suitably geared for 25 ICC only 4 days after hitting lvl 80. Now try getting equivalent level PvP gear and you'll be spending a month or more before you're close to having everything.

This of course is assuming you don't have a bunch of the Bind on Account honor commendations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by fl4shi
    well i decided to play shadow pvp recently and got full gear in 2h
    (took that long to relog few times for 1k-boa-honor badges)

so i went from 0 resilence to 800 in 2hours

but all time considered i spent in getting all those 1k badges i think it would have been faster with bgs
    (while i got the badges as a bonus.. i didnt run the hcs for them)
    I was primarily talking about emblems of triumphs -> furious. Didn't really think about the stone keeper shards when I wrote the thread.

And how long time it takes to get honor via bgs depends hugely on how much your faction wins, today I lost 7 straight WSGs trying to get my pvp daily done. I got about ~150-200 honor from each wsg, thats just pathetic.

I find it more funto have some pvp gear when entering BGs where others are fully geared. It's initial gear, nothing more.

Besides all you get with badges is 2 season old pvp set, not even offpieces.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

If you're not playing in bgs for fun, you're doing it wrong.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Sadly I don't find it any fun at all when I'm getting 3 shotted by any class due to me being in semi-crap PvE gear.

I'm atm farming hcs for full furious, when in that gear it will become fun, since then I will have a fair chance beating someone instead of getting killed within the timeframe of 3 GCD's.

Quote Originally Posted by quez
    Sadly I don't find it any fun at all when I'm getting 3 shotted by any class due to me being in semi-crap PvE gear.

I'm atm farming hcs for full furious, when in that gear it will become fun, since then I will have a fair chance beating someone instead of getting killed within the timeframe of 3 GCD's.
    How much resilience are you wearing and what are you playing as? If you're doing bgs in 300 resilience or something, yeah, it probably won't be a lot of fun, but that's the price you pay for coming so late into the bg game, unfortunately.

If you stick with it, get all your offset stuff and some voa drops, it'll be a lot more fun, trust me!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

How much resilience are you wearing and what are you playing as? If you're doing bgs in 300 resilience or something, yeah, it probably won't be a lot of fun, but that's the price you pay for coming so late into the bg game, unfortunately.

If you stick with it, get all your offset stuff and some voa drops, it'll be a lot more fun, trust me!
    Tbh, I had 0 res up until today (bought ring). And I'm a warlock (affliction).

Yeah, I'm struggling through it, cause I know it will become fun once I have resilience enough.

Aaaaand thats the reason why you can get some pvp items easily from PvE
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

i do it to gank someone, but that counts as fun for one of the two