This thread contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.
In the latest issue of PC Gamer (UK) is a 6 page article named '50 reasons to play Catalysm'. The vast majority of what is covered is already known/confirmed, however, there appears to be verifcation of certain rumours first made here on MMO-champion in the days before Blizzcon but that were never confirmed nor denied. I can now bring you that confirmation.
Just a note on the source before everyone starts screaming for links for scans. I don't have any, nor would I post them if I had them. The proof however can be found in the highstreet shops of the UK in issue 212 of PC Gamer UK (April edition). Being a commercial publication, the magazine can get into serious trouble if it releases information that has not been given the green light by developers, real or not, so I'd like to think this is a very reliable source and is not merely speculating or wishful thinking.
Warchief of the Horde
- Thrall will become the next Guardian of Tirisfal. However, Thrall will merely 'leave Garrosh in charge' though this does not stop Garrosh from declaring war on the Alliance and fortifying Horde outposts and cities.
- After assuming command of the Horde, Garrosh labels Cairne a traitor and executes the Tauren Leader. However, this does not seem to be the end of his involvement in Cataclysm and his seeming demise is linked to the greener, lusher Desolace.
- Garrosh will throw out most of the Blood Elves and Forsaken from Orgrimmar.
- It is possible that the Alliance and Horde will be involved in a major battle within Deepholm.
- Airships will battle in the gigantic caverns al a Icecrown style.
- The area will also cater for flying mounts.
Raids and Dungeons
- Cataclysm will ship with 8 Heroic Dungeons (not including Deadmines and Shadowfang) and 4 Raid encounters.
- The Skywall will contain a raid with Al'Akir as the end boss.
- The final fight with Deathwing will take place within Grim Batol.
- Grim Batol and Uldum raid will patched in post-launch.
- Harrison Jones has returned with his friends and is linked to the Archaeology proffesion.
- One of the new features included in the guild interface/mechanics system is a Looking For Guild function.
So, as ever, MMO-champion hit the nail right on the head.