High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Account Closed Questions

So my WoWs got hacked, my main server-transferred, and ultimately (as of today) the account closed entirely. I've submitted appropriate disputes to Blizz and am now waiting the unclear "several days." I am curious to know if anybody else out there has had this happened, and whether or not Blizz will actually look into the issue (ie, anybody think I'll get my toon back?) and discover that I was hacked?

Thanks.

Re: Account Closed Questions

I've had a few friends who have had their account thrashed about by hackers and they got most things back, one of them had their guild disbanded which they didn't get back (sucks they lost a few tabs)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted

Haven't had that specifically happen but yes Blizzard should restore your character and whatnot it just takes some time.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Whew. No guild to worry about atm, but am glad to hear that some investigation actually takes place. I just wanna know how it happened. = /

90% chance is you clicked a keylogger or have a virus, if you don't have a scanner go download AVG Anti-virus and do a full scan before you get your account back

just in case: rather than coming back saying you haven't clicked a keylogger or blah blah, run the scan to be safe. we had someone get hacked and he said he didn't do anything wrong, got his account back and within a week the guild bank was gone again, he never reformatted or virus scanned so he had to go through it all over again.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Chances are you're right. Does AVG actually get rid of viruses etc or simply let you know its there? Definitely going to do a sweep before getting on the account again.

do yourself a favor i work as an Tech and clean 10-15 computers a week with viruses most with AVG on em what do you expect from a free product with how many thousand Hackers Virus Writers out there you gonna put your faith in a staff of a Minority ....Norton And Kaspersky the 2 Best for Stopping virus's key loggers etc read any independent Anti virus reviews...remember the golden rule "Pay peanuts get Monkeys"

Quote Originally Posted by Thralk
    So my WoWs got hacked, my main server-transferred, and ultimately (as of today) the account closed entirely. I've submitted appropriate disputes to Blizz and am now waiting the unclear "several days." I am curious to know if anybody else out there has had this happened, and whether or not Blizz will actually look into the issue (ie, anybody think I'll get my toon back?) and discover that I was hacked?

Thanks.
    i had this happen to me around 2 weeks ago , luckly i had a 2nd account and ticketed a GM on said account , it took around 5-6 hours for me to get a reply from a GM but after i spoke to the GM answered some questions etc and had the account back in around 20 mins but it too around 7-8 hours to have my items and gear restored , so all in all one day roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralk

Thanks.
    Nope. No one else has EVER been hacked. You're the first. I'm sure, since you are the first, that blizzard won't be able to do anything about it. Obviously they wouldn't have any plan for such a rare occurance.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by trodelphin
    do yourself a favor i work as an Tech and clean 10-15 computers a week with viruses most with AVG on em what do you expect from a free product with how many thousand Hackers Virus Writers out there you gonna put your faith in a staff of a Minority ....Norton And Kaspersky the 2 Best for Stopping virus's key loggers etc read any independent Anti virus reviews...remember the golden rule "Pay peanuts get Monkeys"
    AVG / Avira Premium are better in my experience i didn't try kaspersky tho norton hogs too much of ur memory it's not worth it probably better for a server or w/e , and your best bet is to call them thralk your chances of getting a respond are much higher ( and faster )by calling them

Buy an authenticator so i dont have to see these stupid posts

[Banned] Wish granted!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricky/advanced
    Oh noes, I have to actually put a moderate amount of work/effort into raiding? To MMO so i can shed my tears!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Of course I'm the first, how novel a thought that it might have happened to others. My question was simply whether or not anybody had been able to get their characters back. And remind me to send you a snide comment if ever you get hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rìckykrudd
    Buy an authenticator so i dont have to see these stupid posts
    Delete your MMO-Champion account so I don't have to see these stupid posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldir View Post
    "Oh, elite mob group, better stay aw... OH GOD WHAT IS THIS, CHARGED TO DEATH?!?!?!?!"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf
    Delete your MMO-Champion account so I don't have to see these stupid posts.
    He was right, actually. People post these frequently, saying that their account was hacked and asking if Blizzard will do anything about it. It really gets old. Maybe there needs to be a sticky that outlines how to prevent your account information from being compromised and what happens in the event that it is. Then we would see fewer of these posts.
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

I'm betting if you used the search function your very same questions have been answered elsewhere.

Blizzard customer service is pretty good. From all the reports I've read people who have been hacked always get there characters back hell sometimes they even get extra stuff O_o