Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: I think blizzard just did something to be anti-ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena
    The idiots were the ones needing the orbs in first place. Seeing as they are the ones that neccesitated this change.
    It's just as valid for the people who are used to rolling "need" to say you're an idiot.

My Server, Earthen Ring (EU), the culture was greed on orbs. Worked fine.

On another server in the same battlegroup, everyone always rolled need. Worked fine.

As someone else said above, it's when the servers all got dumped into x-realm that people started getting upset.

Personally, I don't have a problem. I understand exactly what's happened, so I just hit need now, it's not tough. If someone hits greed and complains that others use need, I explain why I'm using need and 90% of the time they understand.

Forcing the rolls to be greed only just prevents mis-informed people from getting upset that they assumed / didn't know.

It's funny to me that you all still get so pissed off about this...It's been months and your still all worked up over having to hit another button...seriously is it that hard to move the mouse up about 1/2 an inch (1-1.5cm for you Europeans) So what your telling me is if you were in-line waiting for Cataclysm to come out, and the store opened up ONLY for the people that say they NEED it, are you really going to stand outside and pass because you didn't say I NEED IT? Need > Greed...Do you get mad when people need on Battered Hilts too? QQ MOAR
    Tripawd 80 Druid <Blood Faith> Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripawd
    It's funny to me that you all still get so pissed off about this...It's been months and your still all worked up over having to hit another button...seriously is it that hard to move the mouse up about 1/2 an inch (1-1.5cm for you Europeans) So what your telling me is if you were in-line waiting for Cataclysm to come out, and the store opened up ONLY for the people that say they NEED it, are you really going to stand outside and pass because you didn't say I NEED IT? Need > Greed...Do you get mad when people need on Battered Hilts too? QQ MOAR
    ....sigh

You really dont get it, do you? People were never upset with those individuals who hit need while others were still rolling. It was the douches that waited until everybody else hit greed and then proceeded to hit need ensuring they could ninja the orb.

In short, you're a moron. QQ MOAR

NOOO NOW I CAN'T NINJ.. ehm Finally some justice served, but couldn't they stick to the damn dances before they do this ?

Annoying to see my $15 going towards silly things like this, when everyone could just roll need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian
    ....sigh

You really dont get it, do you? People were never upset with those individuals who hit need while others were still rolling. It was the douches that waited until everybody else hit greed and then proceeded to hit need ensuring they could ninja the orb.

In short, you're a moron. QQ MOAR
    If you'd just need the damn orb they wouldn't be able to ninja it.

"If you really wanted it you should have rolled need"

Words to live by.

Call it need, call it greed, call it Fred -- taking out the option was the right decision. If you don't want it, pass on it. There's no rational argument against this change.

"If you really wanted it" usually doesn't trigger people to roll "need" because they often know what the word "need" means and think it actually applies. If presented a 2nd grade vocab test and you were to match "need" or "greed" with the definition "If you really want it you ____ it", which would you choose?

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks god,

I generally roll greed because I have a stigma about being called a ninja. Getting a bad rep for ninja'ing anything means not getting accepted into a good guild in the future. I rather be safe than sorry, imo.

In order to get a fair roll, I created a macro that tells everyone to roll need on the orb that I spam in /p when I get into a random.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

good news no more ninja for the orb
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Deleted

"Oh lookie there, a blue item! Jolly nice chaps! It hath no BoP label - I'll be rolling greed on it and hoping to get it. Surely everyone in this group will share my opinion and roll greed to so we all have equal cha- But what is this? Bloody wankers rolling NEED? That's greedy, that is! I deserve an equal chance because I wanted to give them one! Foul play! I don't really want the orb, so they should just be nice and hand it to me! Hax!"

"Alright dude, we're changing it, now everybody greeds. Please continue to enjoy the World of Warcraft, and don't forget to pay us your sub fee."

I dont get the big deal...

So if i start needing on every green in the instance, will Blizzard make greed only for such items aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by blupp
    the sad thing is that it is necessary because this community is even worse than the CS one. The people still playing in cata really should wish that the new guild system purges this non social people out of the game.

also why not make the battered hilt BoP? Or you cant loot it if you have looted it before/did the quest? everyone needs it no matter how many they already got and you are the idiot when passing or pressing greed.
    Woah there nazi-man. Just because I'm anti-social and don't want to put up with guild drama or listen to all the young boys pathetically hit on the guild- girl , doesn't mean I'm a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    And the new system is a problem how? Is there ever a situation where one person "needs" an orb more then another?
    Well some people genuinely needed them, and needed to use, but overall the needers ninja them to sell, so I think this change is good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Honestly I'm saddened that there were so many idiots still greeding the orbs and wondering wtf happened when the rest of the group needed that they needed to make this change.
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

15+ Year Old Account

Why is this such a huge fucking deal?

They made it to where everyone has an equal chance.

Stop looking into it like it's some philosophical evaluation of WoW Players and the social environment they are apart of.. It's a simple, easy fix of a system that was negligible at best.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CyrusII
    On the eu-blackout BG it used to be a waiting game. Everybody waited to see what the rest rolled. Eventually someone clicked either need or greed and the rest followed suit. Hadn't seen a ninja either.

Since the patch notes everybody needs now, so that's cleared up already.
    This brings back memories. On my server (Burning Blade EU, so part of the Blackout EU battlegroup as well) Need rolling the orb on the Horde side was standard no fuss no muss nobody loses out unless they passed by choice. When the Random LFG launched we rapidly found out that we was in the minority when it came to our battlegroup and our entire server was quickly branded as ninjas just because of this orb. I've not seen a waiting game as I still hit need regardless of any choices made before mine, and I guess by this point nobody cared :P. Since the announcement about the Frozen Orb everybody hits need now anyway.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hegar
    This was a pretty unnecessary change. I come from a server where need was the standard option if you wanted the orb, and greed/pass meant the same thing.

In the case of frozen orbs greed means "I don't care if someone else takes it" and need means "I'd like an equal shot at it, thanks".

I don't see why people select the option that lets someone else take it with priority, then get upset when someone else takes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegoods
    90% of the randoms im in EVERYONE greeds anyways idk why people complain, <Nightfall Battlegroup>
    You have answered each other's objections. Funny that your posts were one after the other. Different servers within Battlegroups have different "normals". This prevents any accidents, as well as stopping ninjas. It hurts no one and helps a few people. No big.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Oh I will rejoice. Thoughts? We all know it happened to pretty much everyone at one point.
    For me? Irrelevant.

In the past few weeks, I've seen a grand total of one person not NEED on Frozen Orbs.

Auto Greed rolls really just save me a button press.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    For me? Irrelevant.

In the past few weeks, I've seen a grand total of one person not NEED on Frozen Orbs.

Auto Greed rolls really just save me a button press.

EJL

Well that is one person to much honestly.